Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
Wait a minute, Roller Derby Practice? Do tell :)
Let's see. Coming up on the end of my 5th season. Actually have a bout Saturday night. I'm 43, but expected to meet all the same endurance and skills tests that these kids coming in as young as 18 do. I'll keep playing until my body says, "no more". My primary league, Fountain City, currently plays the MADE ruleset which is "fast derby" but we're one of the last ones in the country to use it so we're transitioning to USARS which is an international "fast derby" ruleset. I've played/do play the WFTDA/MRDA "slow derby" ruleset as well. Our league is one of the largest in the US. We have enough skaters to have 4 women's teams and 4 co-ed teams and run full seasons of each in house. We also have a travel team to go out and play other leagues. I moved into the ownership group of our league this year, mostly handling our finances, taking over for an ex-skater that is retiring out.

Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build FB_IMG_1585322914784
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Let's see. Coming up on the end of my 5th season. Actually have a bout Saturday night. I'm 43, but expected to meet all the same endurance and skills tests that these kids coming in as young as 18 do. I'll keep playing until my body says, "no more". My primary league, Fountain City, currently plays the MADE ruleset which is "fast derby" but we're one of the last ones in the country to use it so we're transitioning to USARS which is an international "fast derby" ruleset. I've played/do play the WFTDA/MRDA "slow derby" ruleset as well. Our league is one of the largest in the US. We have enough skaters to have 4 women's teams and 4 co-ed teams and run full seasons of each in house. We also have a travel team to go out and play other leagues. I moved into the ownership group of our league this year, mostly handling our finances, taking over for an ex-skater that is retiring out.

Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build FB_IMG_1585322914784
Very cool!

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Just curious. Are you putting Renegade decals on the sides of the hood or Rubicon decals done in the old Rengade font. Either way I’m sure it’s going to look great.

OP
OP
LOBBS

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
Just curious. Are you putting Renegade decals on the sides of the hood or Rubicon decals done in the old Rengade font. Either way I’m sure it’s going to look great.
I'm leaning towards "Renegade" in the newer Rubicon font since I'm not being 100% true to the original CJ design but doing a more modern take on it. I just haven't had a chance to play around with making that look right with the tri-color theme.

Falcor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Forester, 2011 Subaru Legacy GT
I'm pretty certain he built it from rectangular tube stock. We have a shop here in KC that will sell about any extrusion and tubing by the foot. I've also ordered materials online and had them delivered to my work.
Love Metal by the Foot. We need one of those here in Pitt.

Sponsored

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
I like these retro looking builds. I drive past this one at my local dealer pretty frequently. I like it, but it doesn’t quite do it for me. I wish the wheels were chrome, and then I know I’m in the minority, but I don’t like the AEV bumpers. Then there’s the $91k and change price tag.

Dealer Listing

Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build 59C2A8C9-D1D3-4FEF-962D-B1721C3F3237

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Sneak peak. I got the side stripes on today. I'm gonna need a mental break before tackling the hood.

Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build PXL_20220925_224700299
Definitely like where this is headed!

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
That one was made by “Drunk Elf Fabrication” aka me. I made the rear bumper too. Started with 6 feet of 6x6 1/4 wall square tube and split it length wise and went from there. Lots of cutting, drilling and welding later I have the Retro style bumpers I wanted.

Gregj
VERY cool!
These bumpers are SO much like the ones I built for my '83 CJ-7 back in the early 90's...
Nice work! (Love the Renegade decal!)

eljefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Jeep Wrangler 2-Door Sport S
Sneak peak. I got the side stripes on today. I'm gonna need a mental break before tackling the hood.

You're killing me with the sneak peek! I need hood graphics!!! Love it by the way....

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hats off Kyle, truly inspiring vision, and to see it come to fruition, just superb!

dog_

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKR - SOLD // 2022 392XR delivered Aug 2022
Man I've been contemplating retro graphics for my sarge 392, digging through all the old threads on various forums dating back years, and then I stumble on this one! Those graphics look incredible @LOBBS ! Can't wait to see some more pics :involve:
Sponsored