Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
It was difficult for me to put into words what I wanted tweaked for the Renegade inspired stripes so I downloaded the template the vinyl shop uses and drew them up in Illustrator. More of a modern take on the old CJ stripes but still has that old school flavor. Now, to do the hood piece.

Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build 3016 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon SUV_Driver1

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
It was difficult for me to put into words what I wanted tweaked for the Renegade inspired stripes so I downloaded the template the vinyl shop uses and drew them up in Illustrator. More of a modern take on the old CJ stripes but still has that old school flavor. Now, to do the hood piece.

Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build 3016 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon SUV_Driver1
Tasteful, looks great. DO IT!

Sponsored

72afr

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 C10, '03 2500hd, '04 TJR, '19 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Kinda surprises me that you didn't opt for the white lettering on the KO2s. Would've meshed pretty well, IMO. Of course, I'm a sucker for white lettering. 3 of my 4 rides have them, with the 4th getting them when we step up to 35's. 😁

Last edited:

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
LOL the white Jeep is the Off Duty Supervisors. Neighbor has a 🤮 Bronco!
Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build 3016 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon SUV_Top1

JK, he’s a cool dude.

Gregj
I'm one of the few people on this forum that likes bronco's. I owned a new '96 until 2010 and almost bought a new one instead of the jl. However, no offense to your neighbor, but that's not working for me. Something about the side shot with the top off and windows up is just really bad... and not that the jl is great in this configuration, but that's really, really bad

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD

Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build 3016 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon SUV_Top1
The stripes are a nice touch, but if you really want the essence of the cj you have to add the flat steel bumpers.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Speaking of flat steel bumpers. Keep in mind these are a work in progress.
Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build 31F3279C-6125-46E5-81E7-31C1D2846F62

Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build 738103CC-194A-48FF-B84B-D9A0352CBAE0

I still need to add the auxiliary lights to the rear and build the winch plate, add the fog lights and D rings to the front.
Gregj

Sponsored

OP
OP
LOBBS

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
Loving the progress and the look!
Thank you. I talked to him last week so hopefully I will have them to put on in the next few weeks. I gave @pixeldecals permission to use the artwork so if there's interest there reach out to Don. I'm sure he can adjust them for different color schemes, lengthen them for 4 doors , etc.
Sponsored