litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Love my analogs. Even got flagged down at a stoplight and asked about them. I bought mine before the price went crazy.

20210426_140136.jpg
I love them, and may eventually get a set but pulled the trigger on some Pro Comp 69 Chromes that were on sale. Now I just have to wait for them to arrive, along with the rubber.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Really diggin this thread, had to "watch" this one. You're putting all the right things in all the right places Kyle, sorry to hear about those doors/hinges but sounds like you're getting those handled.
Keep on keepin on!

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
I currently have 4.56s on order but the shop doing the install is edging me towards 4.88s. The drive to Oklahoma City kinda sealed the deal to re-gear. I'm not planning on going any bigger than 35s but Missouri, Arkansas, southern Kansas and Oklahoma when you're in the Ozarks and Flint Hills is hillier than a lot of people realize. And windy, so so windy. The constant hunting on the factory 285s between 8th, to 7th and some times even 6th driving thru that area drove me nuts. 4.56s would be more than enough to compensate for the 35s and a bit more to help with the hunting. If I were in a 300-400 pound heavier JLUR I'd be going 4.88s without a doubt.
first, I'll admit I know shit about gearing, but from personal experiences & what I've read on here, you'd be surprised what calibrating for the new tires does for the functionality of the tranny/shift points..perhaps do a calibration before throwing cash at a re-gear?

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Cool build! My first jeep was a 4 year old 304ci 4 speed CJ5 when I was in high school (man am I getting old!). Loved that thing. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cool build! My first jeep was a 4 year old 304ci 4 speed CJ5 when I was in high school (man am I getting old!). Loved that thing. Can't wait to see how this turns out!
Mine was a 74 CJ5 w/ the 304 3 speed (although I added a T19 compound low Ford 4 speed later on). Yeah, we're old, but young at heart, right???

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was a 74 CJ5 w/ the 304 3 speed (although I added a T19 compound low Ford 4 speed later on). Yeah, we're old, but young at heart, right???
LOL! There you go!

I pulled the 304 and added a mildly upgraded 401 and a 4" lift w/ Ground Hawgs. That thing was scary! But as a teenager I loved it!

OP
OP
LOBBS

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
first, I'll admit I know shit about gearing, but from personal experiences & what I've read on here, you'd be surprised what calibrating for the new tires does for the functionality of the tranny/shift points..perhaps do a calibration before throwing cash at a re-gear?
I grew up with hot rods and muscle cars. Took an interest in off-road things much later. Re-gearing isn't really seen as such an optional thing in those other arenas of modifying vehicles like it is in the 4x4 world. It's odd to me. 4.10 gears are fairly solid with the factory 33s and just okayish when going up to 35s. Re-gearing restores the mechanical advantage when going to a bigger tire size. No amount of computer tomfoolery is going to change that. I get that it's not a sexy mod that's going to get oohs and aahs but it's still necessary. 4.56s account for going up a few inches plus a little more. For my 2dr auto JLR that's 300-400 pounds lighter than a JLUR, 4.56 is probably about right. I'd go 4.88s if it were a manual 2dr or an auto 4dr. 5.13s are probably right there for a 4dr stick.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LOL! There you go!

I pulled the 304 and added a mildly upgraded 401 and a 4" lift w/ Ground Hawgs. That thing was scary! But as a teenager I loved it!
lol, sounds just like mine, a 401 out of a Cherokee and 35" ground hawgs, at least I put a disc brake kit in front so I could stop that thing in a straight line, had front shackle reversals to keep caster sane as well :) Sorry for the slight thread derail Kyle, but this is a CJ inspired thread right??

Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build IMG_0309.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build IMG_0312.JPG

OP
OP
LOBBS

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
lol, sounds just like mine, a 401 out of a Cherokee and 35" ground hawgs, at least I put a disc brake kit in front so I could stop that thing in a straight line, had front shackle reversals to keep caster sane as well :) Sorry for the slight thread derail Kyle, but this is a CJ inspired thread right??

No problem at all sir!

Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I could find some pics of mine. It was a black Renegade. Added white wagon wheels with the Ground Hawgs.

Sorry for the derail @LOBBS!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No problem at all sir!
Yeah, it's threads like yours that rekindles fun memories, so thanks for that kind sir!

OP
OP
LOBBS

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Wish I could find some pics of mine. It was a black Renegade. Added white wagon wheels with the Ground Hawgs.

Sorry for the derail @LOBBS!
It's all good! That's what this hobby is all about. Having fun with it all.

OP
OP
LOBBS

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Unfortunately it was late by the time I got her washed, waxed and naked but I got the half doors hung tonight. I'll be putting on the TrekTop tomorrow after the parade. I need to leave it off until then so girls from my roller derby league can ride back there and toss candy.

Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build PXL_20220611_031405977
Sponsored