Sponsored

Cigar lighter outlet doesn’t work

Chitrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I have the Oracle oculus headlights and wires the halos up to the cigar lighter fuse. The halos work but the cigar lighter doesn’t work anymore, is this normal?
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Why did you use the cigar lighter fuse and not the DRL fuse?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have the Oracle oculus headlights and wires the halos up to the cigar lighter fuse. The halos work but the cigar lighter doesn’t work anymore, is this normal?
Not normal. Sounds like you blew a fuse or didn't use the fuse tap properly. Did you use an add-a-fuse/fuse-tap connector? If so, does it have the 2 fuses properly seated?

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
May need to add a second fuse of higher amperage to the add-a-fuse tap cable. Initially mine didn't work in conjunction with my 12v ACC, but after adding enough amps it all plays nicely.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Why did you use the cigar lighter fuse and not the DRL fuse?
Because there is no DRL fuse. The Oculus headlight instructions, as well as other after-market headlights with DRLs, say to use a switched ignition source for DRLs. That source is typically the cigar lighter fuse (F52) or one of the heated seat fuses (F57/F58).

Sponsored

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
sounds like you used a fuse tap and the side that feeds the outlet blew. I would find a different fuse to tap off of. Try the heated seat fuse. I used that one and have been running strong for over a year.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I would find a different fuse to tap off of.
No need. As stated above, the Oculus headlight instructions, as well as other after-market headlights with DRLs, say to use a switched ignition source for DRLs. That source is typically the cigar lighter fuse (F52) or one of the heated seat fuses (F57/F58).

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
No need. As stated above, the Oculus headlight instructions, as well as other after-market headlights with DRLs, say to use a switched ignition source for DRLs. That source is typically the cigar lighter fuse (F52) or one of the heated seat fuses (F57/F58).
Yea that's my fault, I guess I just associated that fuse with DRLs for whatever reason. I disabled my DRLs and unplugged the halo wire, I wasn't a fan of the look like my kids are.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can also use F45 (Rear Cargo - IGN)

OP
OP

Chitrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I fixed it. The instructions said that the fuse that shipped in the connector was "spare" I took that to mean don't need it. Turns out that having both the "spare" and the original cigar lighter fuse makes it work.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I fixed it. The instructions said that the fuse that shipped in the connector was "spare" I took that to mean don't need it. Turns out that having both the "spare" and the original cigar lighter fuse makes it work.
You always need both fuses for a fuse tap/add-a-fuse to work.

The first fuse will protect the new item being powered. The original/2nd will protect the stock item.

The video I posted above details all of this.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Eh, he figured it out eventually 🤔
Sponsored