Chrysler not honoring warranty?

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Reaching out to JeepCares, always good for a laugh.
Say what you will but there has been a lot of people whom they helped on the forum. Worth a shot. The worst thing that happens is that OP is in the same spot as before.
Sponsored

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
I kinda think the issue is more dealer than brand. I've had several Jeeps dating back to 1998, all purchased from different dealers but always serviced at my local dealer less than a mile from my house. For example I live in Virginia and am flying to Idaho for my next purchase whenever it comes in. My local dealer has always been great and has always gone to bat for me if warranty was an issue. They've never cared where I bought they've only cared that I got great service. More than once I had a warranty denied without explanation from FCA only to have the dealer reach out on my behalf and promptly get it handled..... I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky I guess.

Greenjeepthing

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Mojito
Occupation
Retired Automotive Service Manager
I've had great experience with my selling Dealer. St. Marys CDJR. St. Marys OH. Retired to Clearwater. Dayton Andrews Clearwater has been great as well. Selling dealer is small town mid west family owned dealer. Everyone their will treat you like family.

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK 2 door willys, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase
Goodluck man! I had my paint bubbles (waiting still)
Also had my sun visor broke (first time we used it in 3 yrs, and the wife tried to open it) and it just fell…. They said that was mishandled and person error. Not theres

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Say what you will but there has been a lot of people whom they helped on the forum. Worth a shot. The worst thing that happens is that OP is in the same spot as before.
My response was a bit flippant, but without a cooperating dealership they seem to be helpless. Their response a lot of times is "try another dealership" or "take it to the dealership". If I have a problem with a dealership on warranty service, I usually know instinctively to try another dealership. I have no first hand experience with what help JeepCares can do to escalate a concern, but every instance I've seen where they were helpful the Jeep owner found a cooperating dealer to address the concern. When my vehicles are out of warranty, the last place it'll see is a dealership unless it is a recall. Just my $0.02.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
My response was a bit flippant, but without a cooperating dealership they seem to be helpless. Their response a lot of times is "try another dealership" or "take it to the dealership". If I have a problem with a dealership on warranty service, I usually know instinctively to try another dealership. I have no first hand experience with what help JeepCares can do to escalate a concern, but every instance I've seen where they were helpful the Jeep owner found a cooperating dealer to address the concern. When my vehicles are out of warranty, the last place it'll see is a dealership unless it is a recall. Just my $0.02.
The only benefit I can see with Jeep Cares or in my stepfather’s case with Rams Cares (probably all the same). Is they can track down parts and get them overnighted for the dealer. Plus they can reimburse for a rental car, yes I said reimburse (but that maybe in part because he rented the car before he got approval from them; couldn’t wait). But in that instance, the dealer where his new (with only a few hundred miles) Ram was towed to was more then helpful (purchasing dealer refused to offer assistance). Beyond that, I don’t think they can or will do anything else.

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 4dr (JLU) Sting Gray
So the warranty is worthless? Doesn't appear that you know jack shit!

Hope no one is listening to this emotional horse shit you unload.
What a worthless response. It’s his opinion and life experience that warranty’s are worthless. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t know anything or that he’s emotional. The reality is that the warranty is mildly useful at best. Dealerships have a tendency to blame anything they can on the owner and avoid warranty work, and getting the work done can take so long to get approved and fixed that the cost out of pocket is more then fixing it yourself. Maybe try not bashing people over their perspectives? I guess forums have to have trolls everywhere.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
What a worthless response. It’s his opinion and life experience that warranty’s are worthless. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t know anything or that he’s emotional. The reality is that the warranty is mildly useful at best. Dealerships have a tendency to blame anything they can on the owner and avoid warranty work, and getting the work done can take so long to get approved and fixed that the cost out of pocket is more then fixing it yourself. Maybe try not bashing people over their perspectives? I guess forums have to have trolls everywhere.
Everything you said has been true for me. But that bolded part is the real factor for me. The length of time it takes to get the vehicle in to get it looked at, then the time it takes to get approval and then for them to repair it (often not properly). I can usually diagnose, then repair it myself with overnighted and often better aftermarket parts before the dealer can get around to looking at it. My stepfathers Ram 2500 was a perfect example of that when the steering came apart with only a few hundred miles on the odometer.

Even if you can‘t turn wrenches yourself, a good independent repair shop can often diagnose and locate parts quicker then the dealer; giving a faster turn around. Assuming one can pay the bill.

For my situation. As someone who basically lives and works on the road, I want to minimize down time and the dealer can’t offer that. When I am “home” on my off time, I don’t want the hassle and already learned it’s a pain in the ass dealing DCJR dealers. I want to enjoy my Jeep and enjoy some fun adventures traveling where I want, rather then where I am told to go… There’s two areas I worry about with my Jeep, clutch (may end up replacing with Centerforce) and paint. Everything else will eventually have the warranty voided within a couple rotations home.

But at the same time, I am worried about dumping $20k or more into the Jeep for it to only corrode within a few years :computerrage:

EDIT: I also really hate poor customer service and lack of communication.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Gee, if you look at that graph, you might thing that Buick customers were 50% more satisfied than Jeep customers. You'd be wrong. Allow me to re-graph the same data to prove a point.

1632173290578.png

It turns out that in 2018, Jeep was rated only 6% worse than Buick. Also, all these these guys switch places on a yearly basis (well, Fiat is always the worst). It proves that all car buyers are generally in the same area with regards to complains (80-85% happy!). So much for JD and all their associates as they aren't really proving any meaningful insight.
Last place is embarrassing, no matter how small the gap. I can’t imagine Jeep headquarters printing out the report and posting it in the break room with “excellent job team!”. Then again, they do give trophies to the last place team in some sports too nowadays.

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I used to work in a shop, and I vowed I would NEVER own a Chrysler product.

Oil filler caps that break.

Dipsticks that break.

Random fluid leaks.

Random things that break.

Horrible battery location.

Battery location that leads to corrosion and lots of mechanical problems.

So did I listen to any of that logic and real world experience when I made my own decision to buy a product of the company formerly known as Daimler-Chrysler?

No. Hell no. I is stupid. I is ignorint. I gets what I deserves for buying the Jeeps. Jeeps hasn't been made by a reputable companies since 1955.

Sigh. I sure do look good on my way to clutch issues, brake issues, engine issues, rust issues, upholstery issues, leakage issues, and giving the auto dealer dude a gigantic fat commission issues.

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
I worked 35 years for a Chevrolet dealer and when I retired a friend wanted me to come to his dealership (Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram) and do service accounting just to help him out for a short time. At both dealers we had no problems in getting things done like your paint problem, or any of your other repairs done under warranty and during the warranty period. First let me say here, the Service Manger has the power to approve, or not approve repairs and in some cases he can go beyond the factory warranty period with just his code and signature on the repair order. I find it very unusual that many have problems with in warranty repairs on their Jeeps, makes me think that there is more to the story then is posted here. I can tell you if you want help on repairs that are within the warranty time, or repairs that are beyond the repair time a little time dealing with the service mange in his office and dealing with your repairs on a professional way will get more done then just being obnoxious and demanding. I have a hard time when I hear about how some are treated at dealership, I sometimes wonder who is the problem here.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I worked 35 years for a Chevrolet dealer and when I retired a friend wanted me to come to his dealership (Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram) and do service accounting just to help him out for a short time. At both dealers we had no problems in getting things done like your paint problem, or any of your other repairs done under warranty and during the warranty period. First let me say here, the Service Manger has the power to approve, or not approve repairs and in some cases he can go beyond the factory warranty period with just his code and signature on the repair order. I find it very unusual that many have problems with in warranty repairs on their Jeeps, makes me think that there is more to the story then is posted here. I can tell you if you want help on repairs that are within the warranty time, or repairs that are beyond the repair time a little time dealing with the service mange in his office and dealing with your repairs on a professional way will get more done then just being obnoxious and demanding. I have a hard time when I hear about how some are treated at dealership, I sometimes wonder who is the problem here.
I notice DCJR dealers doesn’t make it easy to connect to managers or even know who management is. Calling and emailing they don’t call back, same after getting annoyed and leaving a bad survey. The only management personal that’s easy to find is for sales, mostly because you will get something automated from them after emailing.

The premium dealers in my area, including the Mini dealers. Actually list direct contact info for their employees with their smiling pictures and title on the dealers website. More dealers should do this.

I consider myself a patient person if I get a little communication, say weekly update.

Greenjeepthing

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Mojito
Occupation
Retired Automotive Service Manager
I used to work in a shop, and I vowed I would NEVER own a Chrysler product.

Oil filler caps that break.

Dipsticks that break.

Random fluid leaks.

Random things that break.

Horrible battery location.

Battery location that leads to corrosion and lots of mechanical problems.

So did I listen to any of that logic and real world experience when I made my own decision to buy a product of the company formerly known as Daimler-Chrysler?

No. Hell no. I is stupid. I is ignorint. I gets what I deserves for buying the Jeeps. Jeeps hasn't been made by a reputable companies since 1955.

Sigh. I sure do look good on my way to clutch issues, brake issues, engine issues, rust issues, upholstery issues, leakage issues, and giving the auto dealer dude a gigantic fat commission issues.
That's odd. Those were the same concerns I had at a Toyota/Honda dealer I worked at.

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
I notice DCJR dealers doesn’t make it easy to connect to managers or even know who management is. Calling and emailing they don’t call back, same after getting annoyed and leaving a bad survey. The only management personal that’s easy to find is for sales, mostly because you will get something automated from them after emailing.

The premium dealers in my area, including the Mini dealers. Actually list direct contact info for their employees with their smiling pictures and title on the dealers website. More dealers should do this.

I consider myself a patient person if I get a little communication, say weekly update.
This maybe true, I today only deal with small out of town dealers who sell 30-40 new vehicles per month, thus everyone is avaibile to speak with and have a personal relationship with. My son purchase several vehicle from a large FT. Worth dealer and he did have some problems with that dealer, you are a number, not a person.
Sponsored