Chrysler not honoring warranty?

Thatoneguy

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ocean blue jeep JL (soon)
I started receiving the paint bubbles on the doors and hood hinges earlier this year. So I took the jeep into the dealer to get it documented and fixed under warranty. (at the time it was about 15k miles and 30 months)

The dealer said they needed to get approval from Chrysler and they would let me know.
That was 2 months ago. In the past 2 months I have heard nothing from Jeep or Chrysler and I'm actually starting to regret this purchase.

A vehicle that costs 50k+ In the first 2 years has had the transmission fail, the sat nav fail, and the paint fail. So far only the transmission was fixed.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? I'm not just trying to gripe here I am hoping you guys have some ideas.
Short of telling all my friends to avoid Fiat/jeep/Chrysler/dodge and talking to a lawyer about a possible lemon law buy back, I am not sure where to turn.
Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Reach out to @JeepCares
It's worth a shot, the worst thing that happens if nothing changes. Takes 2 minutes to PM them

Last edited:

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Dealer people are a forgetful lot.
Have you followed up with them?
I’d be calling once a week until they gave me an answer

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Have you followed up with the dealer? Contact the Service Manager, not a service writer or service advisor, and query them directly.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Your Jeep dealer experience is typical. Telling your friends to avoid buying a Chrysler product might make them think it was just a one time bad luck situation. Show them the survey below as well to have a better impact. Your best bet is to find another dealer and hopefully find someone within the dealership that cares and hasn’t adapted to the piss poor Jeep service culture yet. Jeepcares is hit or miss. If you happen to get the right case manager, they can be of great help.

Jeep Wrangler JL Chrysler not honoring warranty? 8D577825-A13C-45ED-82E2-8E3FDBDBFD97

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Did they send you a survey? Negative ones get their attention and immediate response, they may still ignore the situation at hand though.

From my experience, the warranty is worthless and it’s mostly because of dealers. JeepCares on here is nothing but joke.

I would skip contacting the Jeep “Cares” (they don’t) team here and contact them through Jeep’s website.
So the warranty is worthless? Doesn't appear that you know jack shit!

Hope no one is listening to this emotional horse shit you unload.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
So the warranty is worthless? Doesn't appear that you know jack shit!

Hope no one is listening to this emotional horse shit you unload.
That’s my opinion based on experiences dealing with Jeep and similar to my stepfather’s Ram. But the warranty is only as strong as the dealer network, in my area and apparently many others it’s similar... There’s also really no reason to make this a hostile discussion, so I apologize if you took my original comment personally for some reason.

As @californiajeeping pointed out, apparently they do rank extremely low. I love my Jeep, but dislike the dealer experience. Funny enough, I really did like the experience with Mini.

OP
OP

Thatoneguy

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ocean blue jeep JL (soon)
Your Jeep dealer experience is typical. Telling your friends to avoid buying a Chrysler product might make them think it was just a one time bad luck situation. Show them the survey below as well to have a better impact. Your best bet is to find another dealer and hopefully find someone within the dealership that cares and hasn’t adapted to the piss poor Jeep service culture yet. Jeepcares is hit or miss. If you happen to get the right case manager, they can be of great help.

Jeep Wrangler JL Chrysler not honoring warranty? 8D577825-A13C-45ED-82E2-8E3FDBDBFD97
Well thankfully amongst my friends I am "THE" car guy. So if I tell them to skip a brand they will.

I have been reaching out to the dealer who is waiting on Chrysler to approve the repairs. Unfortunately the only 2 dealers near me you get an answering machine when you speak with the service department.

It took me 2 days just to schedule a state inspection.

I guess ill try reaching out to jeep cares

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I started receiving the paint bubbles on the doors and hood hinges earlier this year. So I took the jeep into the dealer to get it documented and fixed under warranty. (at the time it was about 15k miles and 30 months)

The dealer said they needed to get approval from Chrysler and they would let me know.
That was 2 months ago. In the past 2 months I have heard nothing from Jeep or Chrysler and I'm actually starting to regret this purchase.

A vehicle that costs 50k+ In the first 2 years has had the transmission fail, the sat nav fail, and the paint fail. So far only the transmission was fixed.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? I'm not just trying to gripe here I am hoping you guys have some ideas.
Short of telling all my friends to avoid Fiat/jeep/Chrysler/dodge and talking to a lawyer about a possible lemon law buy back, I am not sure where to turn.
We're sorry to hear of these concerns, Thatoneguy. Looks like you also send us a private message so we will continue to work with you there regarding this.

Kate
Jeep Cares

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Can you lemon law latent paint "defects"? I guess it depends on the state.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Dealer people are a forgetful lot.
Have you followed up with them?
I’d be calling once a week until they gave me an answer
Once a week for two weeks then twice a week for a week then daily then twice daily then hourly then every 15 minutes

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager

8D577825-A13C-45ED-82E2-8E3FDBDBFD97.jpeg

Gee, if you look at that graph, you might thing that Buick customers were 50% more satisfied than Jeep customers. You'd be wrong. Allow me to re-graph the same data to prove a point.

Jeep Wrangler JL Chrysler not honoring warranty? 1632173290578

It turns out that in 2018, Jeep was rated only 6% worse than Buick. Also, all these these guys switch places on a yearly basis (well, Fiat is always the worst). It proves that all car buyers are generally in the same area with regards to complains (80-85% happy!). So much for JD and all their associates as they aren't really proving any meaningful insight.
Sponsored

Last edited: