Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
Meh. Warranty is only as good as the dealer determining defect.

Some folks think warranty is supposed to make their vehicle mechanically perfect, regardless of coverage, cause or their own contributions and gripe when that doesn’t happen.

Lemon law applies when a repair is repeatedly administered for the same failure unsuccessfully. Having several discrepancies makes for a great story of despair but that’s all it’s good for. Not an FCA fanboy, just stating an opinion that crosses all O.E.M.’s.
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
What a worthless response. It’s his opinion and life experience that warranty’s are worthless. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t know anything or that he’s emotional. The reality is that the warranty is mildly useful at best. Dealerships have a tendency to blame anything they can on the owner and avoid warranty work, and getting the work done can take so long to get approved and fixed that the cost out of pocket is more then fixing it yourself. Maybe try not bashing people over their perspectives? I guess forums have to have trolls everywhere.
I'd love to see your backup/stats for all of the assertions you've made here.

When you state the warranty is worthless....so is the advice that follows. Do some research and find out the cost of warranty repairs for FCA annually and it might surprise you.

OP
OP

Thatoneguy

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ocean blue jeep JL (soon)
Meh. Warranty is only as good as the dealer determining defect.

Some folks think warranty is supposed to make their vehicle mechanically perfect, regardless of coverage, cause or their own contributions and gripe when that doesn’t happen.

Lemon law applies when a repair is repeatedly administered for the same failure unsuccessfully. Having several discrepancies makes for a great story of despair but that’s all it’s good for. Not an FCA fanboy, just stating an opinion that crosses all O.E.M.’s.
Yeah Im counting on things like the electronics still not workings and not being able to use it for a week while they replaced the transmission.

I dont know all the laws that govern what constitutes a lemon.
I am just thinking It may be better to cut my losses

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
There are indeed times when the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. Check with the Sales Department and see what they’ll give you for it and trade for a ride that hasn’t shaken your confidence.
Sponsored