Christmas Lights on cluster

J Holly

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I am having an issue with my 2018 JLU Sahara. I purchased it new off the lot with 6 miles on it. When I left the dealership (David Stanley in OKC), it had the check engine light on, ABS light on, traction control light was on, the ESS wouldn't engage, the cruise control would not work, 4wd would not engage, and remote start wouldn't work. (I was not informed of these issues prior to signing the contract on the vehicle. The service department closed prior to taking delivery.) The Salesman told me to bring it back for a flash when their service department was open again. I came back a week later, and spent 6 hours there, with the department trying another speed sensor (which didn't correct any of the problems), only to be told to come back again when they could try and figure it out. I am taking it in tomorrow, and hopefully, with the help of JEEPCARES, we can get this fixed. I know others out there are having similar issues, this thread may help them too.
Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I dont get why the 4WD would not engage. That’s not electronic is it? You just yank the transfer case lever back.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I dont get why the 4WD would not engage. That’s not electronic is it? You just yank the transfer case lever back.
Yep, it's electronic. Has a center axle disconnect on it.

There have been a few others with this issue, but the first thing you should do is check your fuse box and ensure that ALL fuses and relays are firmly seated in their positions.

OP
OP

J Holly

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Back at the dealer today, in previous visit, all fuses were checked. I was told today that Chrysler “might” be planning to replace it.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Sorry for your loss...

Not to scold you because plenty of people posting will beat you down about it, but you should have taken a cab or gotten a ride home rather than driving away with it like that. Even though you signed the papers, it’s not your problem until you physically take delivery of it.

I sincerely hope that they just replace it rather than inconvenience you for weeks or months guessing what might be wrong and give you back a brand new vehicle that you’re likely never going to feel quite right about. Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

J Holly

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
The techs are still stuck on trying to figure out the issue with the wheel speed sensor. They want to put me into a rental car. I told the advisor that I have a trip planned, and that would negate their mileage limit. Also, the rental better have 4x4, he said that he couldn’t make any guarantees. I told the advisor that I own a Jeep and any rental car would be treated as such.

Just frustrated because I will have over 500 miles back and forth to the delearship

OP
OP

J Holly

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
JeepCares got involved. Working with them to try and find a solution.

OP
OP

J Holly

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Taking it in for third service on this issue on Wednesday. Working with JeepCares so far has been good.

OP
OP

J Holly

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Only spent about 45 minutes in the shop today. They ordered another Wheel speed sensor. Should be here tomorrow or the next day.

I am wondering if the technicians listen to the customers at all at this point?

OP
OP

J Holly

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Finally fixed! Got the sensor in, and it fixed the issue. Now, not sure if first dealership lied, or possibly that particular Jeep also had THE EXACT SAME WHEEL SPEED SENSOR that was bad......

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@J Holly if you get a min let me know how your overall experience with Stanley went. On here or DM.
Sponsored