Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
How are you guys routing the wire from inside plug, to outside?
In between the tailgate and the rear window. Run an extension cord along the side of the cargo area and then down the rear seats plugging it into the 12 volt outlet.
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
What are you guys using to plug them in?
Directly into the outlet of my ‘20 Sahara.
If you have the factory Aux Switches, you can wire a small inverter under the hood so you can turn them off and on when needed. That's what I did anyways.

20191115_185701.jpg

20191115_185728.jpg

How are you guys routing the wire from inside plug, to outside?
In between the tailgate and the rear window. Run an extension cord along the side of the cargo area and then down the rear seats plugging it into the 12 volt outlet.
I ran an extension cord from the engine bay to the rear zip tieing it up along the factory rock rails. Had to remove the air box but that's a 60 second job. I didn't want to worry about creasing weather stripping running a cord between the window and tailgate.

20191127_110647.jpg

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I did the same. With the soft top, theres enough gap between the tailgate and the bar on the window that it doesn't pinch it. Then ran it to the tailgate wires and zip tied it so the slack doesn't get pulled in, then under the cargo mat, to the gap in the rear seats then under the floor mats to the plug in the console.

Sponsored

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Whether you like doing this or not, show me one other model of vehicle that inspires this much fun. Jeeps, and Jeepers, are awesome.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I ran lights along the roofline of my Jeep and a lighted wreath on the spare tire. I’m happy with it. I need to get better pics of it, but these give you the idea.
I plugged a power inverter into the back 12v outlet, and ran an extension cord through the tailgate by the window. I have a second extension cord running up to the front and out the door. A bit of a pain when I open the tailgate but the cord is long enough to not get in the way. :)

my kids love it! And so do I!

34A442F5-F52D-4B19-89DF-B3B6E7B56D74.jpeg

75B813FB-89B3-4CFA-851C-FE12AE724F14.jpeg

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Oh, you mean like this?! There are two JLs in the photo, my Rubicon in the middle in front of the firetruck, and another Sport on the right. This was the Holly Jolly Jeep Run in Massena, NY on Saturday... So, yes, we decorate our Jeeps!

IMG_20191130_172653.jpg

Oh God no. To each their own I guess :CWL:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I will be putting lights all over my JLUR on Thursday for a parade on Friday.

Sponsored

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Just put mine on the other day! Been pretty fun so far. Getting alot of looks. Cops have been pretty good with it so far, too.

Ran one of those switches for Christmas trees that you step on to the front for a quick kill switch, haha!

jeep_lights.jpg

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran lights along the roofline of my Jeep and a lighted wreath on the spare tire. I’m happy with it. I need to get better pics of it, but these give you the idea.
I plugged a power inverter into the back 12v outlet, and ran an extension cord through the tailgate by the window. I have a second extension cord running up to the front and out the door. A bit of a pain when I open the tailgate but the cord is long enough to not get in the way. :)

my kids love it! And so do I!

34A442F5-F52D-4B19-89DF-B3B6E7B56D74.jpeg

75B813FB-89B3-4CFA-851C-FE12AE724F14.jpeg
What did you use to keep the lights attached around the top?

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

tinytex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2002 Chevy 1500
If you have the factory Aux Switches, you can wire a small inverter under the hood so you can turn them off and on when needed. That's what I did anyways.

20191115_185701.jpg

20191115_185728.jpg

I ran an extension cord from the engine bay to the rear zip tieing it up along the factory rock rails. Had to remove the air box but that's a 60 second job. I didn't want to worry about creasing weather stripping running a cord between the window and tailgate.

20191127_110647.jpg

Where did you get the inverter? Only one I can see is for cigarette lighter.

Thanks!

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Where did you get the inverter? Only one I can see is for cigarette lighter.

Thanks!
I actually bought that inverter at Walmart and it was the smallest one they had and it started out with a standard 12v plug. It's only 120w but big enough to run a couple strands of LED Christmas lights which were only 4.8 watts per set. But I have a case of Delphi weatherpack connectors so I cut off the 12v plug and added the weatherpack. I do all my electrical wiring with weatherpacks because it's easy to replace, change or fix should I need to.
Sponsored