2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

For tires:

If you plan on doing a lot of road tripping or lengthy commutes, you really can't go wrong with the 315/70/17 c rated BFG all terrain. It's a super lightweight tire for it's size, that measures in really close to a BFG 35x12.5 in actuality. I put a lot of road and trail miles on a set of these and was really pleased.

If you want to go a bit more aggressive, I hear great things about anything from Nitto.

For wheels:

I went with the method 701's and couldn't be happier. I've been really impressed with the bead grip performance at lower pressures.

But for wheels, aesthetics is a big factor. Look around at some of the build journals here on the forum and you'll find something that clicks.

also- based on the fender info you were kind enough to share yesterday- it looks like any wheel with a zero offset will work great with 35's, rubicon flares, and sport/sahara width axels.

Good luck and be sure to post once you've made a choice!

BFG AT's on Stock wheels w/ spacers

IMG_0399.jpeg

MT's on Method 701's

IMG_4578.JPG
Damn good looking rig. Well done.
Sponsored

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
My fiance just stumbled upon the bronze wheels and really likes them. I like the bfg ko2 i feel like they are capable and quiet, though i feel like i can find a more reasonably priced tire that offers similar styles.

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
LOL i was just talking to a buddy who ordered black rhino wheels and was told each week it would be one more week, i think he ended up cancelling after 11 weeks of waiting.

Budget: well 2500 bucks is nice. I still need front upper and lower control arms so I’m trying to help myself there. I have owned my jeep new, with 120 miles on it and have over 32k. the cost of the tire is more of my concern, i dont mind buying nice wheels as i will never buy them again LOLLL but tires just hurt man, they just hurt so bad. So yeah 2500 buck a sweet number, of course thats seeming more like a fantasy. 3000k after tax is maybe better. i think thats generous on both numbers.
Walked in shop last Wednesday, picked out the Black Rhino wheels I wanted, they called a place in Dallas and ordered and were installed today on 35” RGs. Were not cheap. North of $3,500 but I bought 5. They did say having issues getting tires so my only option was the RGs which I was fine with.

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Do you have photos of those black rhinos mounted yet? I keep seeing everyomes rubicon with 35s and it throws me off because my axles are narrower.

Still interested in how it looks.

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I picked up some RockTrix RT108s.

No pics on the Jeep since the Jeep isn't here yet. Bought them because I liked the design, they came in Bronze, and they were inexpensive. They seem to be good quality.

https://rocktrix.com/

Sponsored

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Okay, so all the tires ive been seeing are E rated. I dont think there is any reason for an E rated tire if 90% of ym driving is on the highway. That being said, I’m looking between duratracs and delium KU 255. I have a 30% off discount on 4 normal priced Goodyear duratracs. Any opinions on what i should do?

still no progress on my wheels. My fiance hates AEV, so that’s tragic, she just gets the biggest kick out of any fuel wheel that I dont like. shes classy, but she likes a little ”pop” on the wheels while i tend to lean more to “something boring” or “they look like the ones you have now.” LOL i have the stock black steel wheels. I am wanting new ones, that are wider and have less backspacing so i can run 35s without spacers.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Once I came across KMC's XD series of wheels, my search was over. They've got an amazing reputation in offroad competition and the 2 step rim bead and center cap that covers the lugs gives them a unique and clean look. I teetered between the XD137 FMJ's and the XD138 Brutes. The former is available in 2 different colors, but I ended up with the latter because I have a thing for a 5-spoke design.

Jeep Wrangler JL Choose my wheels for me 20200417_121336
Jeep Wrangler JL Choose my wheels for me 20210731_082555

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Okay, so all the tires ive been seeing are E rated. I dont think there is any reason for an E rated tire if 90% of ym driving is on the highway. That being said, I’m looking between duratracs and delium KU 255. I have a 30% off discount on 4 normal priced Goodyear duratracs. Any opinions on what i should do?

still no progress on my wheels. My fiance hates AEV, so that’s tragic, she just gets the biggest kick out of any fuel wheel that I dont like. shes classy, but she likes a little ”pop” on the wheels while i tend to lean more to “something boring” or “they look like the ones you have now.” LOL i have the stock black steel wheels. I am wanting new ones, that are wider and have less backspacing so i can run 35s without spacers.
Might look at the marketplace and see if you could score some of those factory wheels from the 392 Rubicons they look damn good and might find a nice deal. Also E-rated can be firm on a lighter Jeep but not a deal-killer IMO. I run Es on my 2 dr at 31 lbs and it rides just fine IME, and you have more protection w/ the thicker carcass. My next set is D rated and that's a good compromise, so might look at them a bit harder since C-rated is tougher to find w/ some tire models.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/wrangler-392-wheels.79250/

Sponsored

OP
OP
lalalofsky

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Update: I made the fiance happy and got the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. 315/70/17.

All I need is wheels, anyone running a 4.5 bs? non rubicon axles and rubicon flares?

JL Eco Diesel

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon - 3.0 Turbo Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Discount Tire has me at 2700 for 5 Fuel Rebel 5's or Icon Vector 5's and the M/T' in 37's. That's well worth it to me. However with this shit storm in Customs wonder if prices will go up.
Did you do this set up? I am looking go with the Icon Vector 5 and I thought i wanted bronze but I am worried it won't go well with the granite crystal metallic.
Any pictures if you wouldn't mind sharing?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I like Mopar Bead Locks

634262B4-AB8E-431E-A30E-77073C261A1C.jpeg

1C36F704-DA58-4506-9B96-775372796DAA.jpeg

RZ.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 Sport S
Occupation
Blueprints & Tarot
Jeep Wrangler JL Choose my wheels for me IMG_1204.JPG

35's are a little small on 20's ...

These XD831's are 4.56 backspacing on my sport width axles ... 2-1/2" icon lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL Choose my wheels for me IMG_1220.JPG

Last edited:

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
For tires:

If you plan on doing a lot of road tripping or lengthy commutes, you really can't go wrong with the 315/70/17 c rated BFG all terrain. It's a super lightweight tire for it's size, that measures in really close to a BFG 35x12.5 in actuality. I put a lot of road and trail miles on a set of these and was really pleased.

If you want to go a bit more aggressive, I hear great things about anything from Nitto.

For wheels:

I went with the method 701's and couldn't be happier. I've been really impressed with the bead grip performance at lower pressures.

But for wheels, aesthetics is a big factor. Look around at some of the build journals here on the forum and you'll find something that clicks.

also- based on the fender info you were kind enough to share yesterday- it looks like any wheel with a zero offset will work great with 35's, rubicon flares, and sport/sahara width axels.

Good luck and be sure to post once you've made a choice!

BFG AT's on Stock wheels w/ spacers

MT's on Method 701's

What lift are you running? Looks great
Sponsored