choices just got harder

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, first post, just joined up...

I was about to jump up to a Rubi from the sport. When I looked at the cost to add a few options to the car the price was close enough. That was until the MY20 price rocketed up to nearly $80k with the steel bar and soft top.

When you talk that sort of money there are a whole lot of other vehicle options out there.

I really think I could still come close if I could remove the "optional" soft top. However, the dealer said that all cars will come in with it and it cant be removed.

Do you know if I can order one without the extra top? knocking $3k off the price would be a big help.

I'm new to Jeep and not sure if going into a Rubicon is worth that much extra money, you can add a lot of aftermarket stuff and still have some left over but what is the resale like etc.

Do you think they will have a bit of trouble selling them at the new price?

Looking forward to seeing local builds and is there a local marketplace for the Aussie section? can the Mods add one?

cheers,

Dave
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Yes, download the brochure. You will see that they come with a soft top and the hard top is an option.

If you want one in a hurry, you have to taks one off the lot. If you can wait, place an order with the specs you want. It will take some months.

My Sport S, is perfectly capable for my requirements.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
early MY19 orders came with both soft and hard top on the rubicon. Any orders placed now only come with the hard top on the Rubicon and soft top will be an extra option.

I would also say one of the biggest driving factors for the price is the exchange rate.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I think the Rubicon looks great in Billet Silver! The red against the silver is great!

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Black fenders mean cloth interior?

And nice one man.. you'll love it. Im so happy with my JL, only thing im annoyed with is that I cant get it out on the trails as much as i want to atm haha.

OP
OP
davejkenny

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys, the dealer is Brighton Jeep. Same group as Knox. Really good to deal with Peter there. No stress at all.
I’m going to add a platform rack to the roof for all the camping gear. I’m coming out of a ranger so have had heaps of room to load up. Will have to cut down some things now.

cant wait to go play