Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I like that. Nice find sir!
I think so too. I’ve only seen a couple of members on the forum who have it and they seemed to be the top mount winch rather than recessed. From what I could find they seem to be well built and made in the USA while many are outsourced.

@Northridge4x4 just checked for me and are able to get it shipped right away even though the website says 90 days to ship. Thanks for that. @Quadratec didn’t show the rear bumper that I want, only the version 1 that is slightly different and doesn’t have reverse lights.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Looking for 2.5” LED lights for this:

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! psp41-04-300_01

I’ve found the Icon ones and some by Poison Spyder. It looks like they might be the same ones.
https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/accessory/16068/icon-accessories-25-rubber-grommet-led-reverse-light-kit/
Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! psp41-04-300_01

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...0-poison-spyder-led-back-up-light-clear-2-5in

Does anyone know of any other 2.5” round ones that might fit the bumper?
Maybe check hereticstudio.com
They have Jeep kits for the OEM plastic and steel bumpers. Their lights are top notch.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
CT, of course I'm going to say get them from us.... ;)

But if you need them right away, those 2.5" LEDs are fairly standard in the semi truck world. So if you have a big truck supply house near you, check with them.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
CT, of course I'm going to say get them from us.... ;)

But if you need them right away, those 2.5" LEDs are fairly standard in the semi truck world. So if you have a big truck supply house near you, check with them.
Thanks. That exactly what I was thinking Tim. In a previous job I dealt with our trucks more hands on, here in Houston there are a dozen or more truck equipment superstores I’m familiar with that’ll probably have them. The ones that I can get from you for $65 pair will probably cost under $25 there. ;)

Sponsored

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
7/14/2022 45,222 miles

I got Redline Tuning hood struts because they were $79 on Amazon Prime Day. I also picked up NOCO GBX75 and a GBX45 for my wife’s car. The hood struts really are a 5-10 minute job that only requires a 10mm socket. Now I don’t have to use a hood prop rod in 2022 on a $55,000 vehicle.

Also Did those on the Wife's Jeep after she ordered them on Prime day based on recommendations here. I put some hockey tape on the underside of a few areas but probably wasted effort. Definitely hated the prop rod. Don't think any of my other vehicles had one.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Also Did those on the Wife's Jeep after she ordered them on Prime day based on recommendations here. I put some hockey tape on the underside of a few areas but probably wasted effort. Definitely hated the prop rod. Don't think any of my other vehicles had one.
What’s hockey tape, where’d you put it, and why?

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Well crap, I have been looking at stubby bumpers with a fairly high loop, but not a stinger, with a recessed winch & able to accept the stock fog lights or LED ones that fit stock. Just like the round lights best. Liked LOD, Ace Engineering, & the new Rugged Ridge one. Really like some if the Aluminum ones too, like GenRight, bit too much $$$ though.

I really like the looks of this Icon bumper & the price too. Thanks for the find, can't wait to see the install, as I plan on starting some mods this fall.

Thanks again for this thread seeing your progression & how you went different routes is extremely helpful.
:captain:

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
7/14/2022 45,222 miles

I got Redline Tuning hood struts because they were $79 on Amazon Prime Day. I also picked up NOCO GBX75 and a GBX45 for my wife’s car. The hood struts really are a 5-10 minute job that only requires a 10mm socket. Now I don’t have to use a hood prop rod in 2022 on a $55,000 vehicle.

What in the shit happened to your hood blanket? Was the fuse block on fire at some point? lol

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What in the shit happened to your hood blanket? Was the fuse block on fire at some point? lol
Good question. See the top of my battery? That’s a fuse holder for my ARB compressor. The shop that I had install the wiring weren’t overly concerned about aesthetics or actually making sure that it didn’t interfere with anything. Instead of lengthening the wires to place it somewhere that it fits, they just left it there. I didn’t notice until later. And I haven’t yet prioritized moving it because the insulation is already beat up.

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Good question. See the top of my battery? That’s a fuse holder for my ARB compressor. The shop that I had install the wiring weren’t overly concerned about aesthetics or actually making sure that it didn’t interfere with anything. Instead of lengthening the wires to place it somewhere that it fits, they just left it there. I didn’t notice until later. And I haven’t yet prioritized moving it because the insulation is already beat up.
Sigh.
10-4

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
What’s hockey tape, where’d you put it, and why?
It's similar to electrical tape but does not melt on the adhesive side as badly and has a fabric texture on the outside. Most OEM's use this in their wiring harnesses. I applied some to the underside of the brackets to prevent scratching but it was most likely a waste of time.

We are in Clear Lake. Let me know if you guys have a Jeep meet nearby.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My Jeep is in the shop getting a gear swap, knuckles, RCV axles, and ball joints. So of course look what arrived sooner than expected.

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! C9729934-E36B-4F3A-9942-250CE45D4034

Thanks FedEx for being garbage as usual.
Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! 16F834DD-FE15-4E8D-AA01-0A1730A4E047

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! 30E5F648-35D8-4A04-9280-10D5A434958E

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! 7E0542A7-254B-4756-8729-8C3B1C7889BA

But wait; this one’s not on FedEx! Apologies. @Iconoffroad @Icon_Adrian you should be embarrassed at how this bumper was packaged! Do better!

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! 15F288CA-623E-4A20-8908-35516D7E1562

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! 88CED97B-5E4B-4059-B736-BFB3E6344563

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! 74737494-9C44-4640-A3F1-51893BAA5DA9

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! 2A0BA077-BED7-4802-BD94-8881F2505BBB

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! 61099E65-DA56-48AB-96F5-57C7954C7831
Just a few loose, random pillows of foam thrown in the box, not protecting anything and not securing a 100 lb steel bumper from flopping around in a box that’s way too large for it. And have your packer and checker submit to a drug and alcohol screen ASAP, they’re either impaired at work or they ran out of fucks to give just before packaging my bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! CA2D88F1-295E-4517-86B4-A18C805DDF80

Fortunately it’s on a bottom corner that’s not really visible so I can touch it up to prevent rust and not stress about it too much

At least the rear bumper packaging isn’t a shit show. No damage.
Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! C1D2FEC3-2C17-460F-9C90-82EAC1BDB8A7

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! CF8A9EB8-900F-4BC4-B147-C2F1E9934E2B

Jeep Wrangler JL Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread! image

I can’t wait to get my Jeep back and see how the fitment it and how they look on the Jeep. Stay tuned.

Thanks to @Quadratec for a great price on the front and @Northridge4x4 for the same on the rear.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
My Jeep is in the shop getting a gear swap, knuckles, RCV axles, and ball joints. So of course look what arrived sooner than expected.

Thanks FedEx for being garbage as usual.

But wait; this one’s not on FedEx! Apologies. @Iconoffroad @Icon_Adrian you should be embarrassed at how this bumper was packaged! Do better!

Just a few loose, random pillows of foam thrown in the box, not protecting anything and not securing a 100 lb steel bumper from flopping around in a box that’s way too large for it. And have your packer and checker submit to a drug and alcohol screen ASAP, they’re either impaired at work or they ran out of fucks to give just before packaging my bumper.
View attachment 633239
Fortunately it’s on a bottom corner that’s not really visible so I can touch it up to prevent rust and not stress about it too much

At least the rear bumper packaging isn’t a shit show. No damage.

I can’t wait to get my Jeep back and see how the fitment it and how they look on the Jeep. Stay tuned.

Thanks to @Quadratec for a great price on the front and @Northridge4x4 for the same on the rear.

I'm sure it will look great when it's on your Jeep, too bad about the lame packaging. My Quadratec stubby bumper and my Smitty rear bumper could've fallen off an overpass and probably still flawless they way they were injection foam padded.
Cool that everything is coming together for you, should be quite the updates you have in store!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I called to check how the regearing is going. It’s torn down right now, I should get a call tomorrow.
Sponsored