"Chirping" rattle

MrBell

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for JL
New 2019 owner here... 2 months into ownership my Sahara One-Touch has developed what I call a "chirping" or squeaking rattle in the back. Sounds like metal to metal but I am unable to determine the source. I resolved the rear side window rattle early on (wd-40 on window latches).

Advice welcome.
Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I had a rattle/squeak also from the rear...After reading some posts here on the site, I ran some grease along the rubber on the bottom of the rear window and it seems to have resolved. so I will probably get some 3M tape and put some on the top of the rear tailgate if it comes back. I also noticed that my driver's side rear taillight is slightly loose...this could also be contributing to the noise...having that fixed on Monday!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
New 2019 owner here... 2 months into ownership my Sahara One-Touch has developed what I call a "chirping" or squeaking rattle in the back. Sounds like metal to metal but I am unable to determine the source. I resolved the rear side window rattle early on (wd-40 on window latches).

Advice welcome.
Hi Christopher,
We're sorry to hear about your rattle concern. I understand you are reaching out to your fellow forum members for advice. However, should you decide to have this looked into by your dealer, please keep us updated. If additional assistance is needed throughout your dealer visit, please send us a DM.
Alex
JeepCares
Sponsored