www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i'd be kind of sounds like one of two things. an pully tensioner going bad or power steering issue. really resembles a bad pulley
Sponsored

DieselJeep

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Ecodiesel Sport S
Wondering if there are any updates on this sound? My car makes the same noise. It’s really annoying.

diesel_dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 4xe
Wondering if there are any updates on this sound? My car makes the same noise. It’s really annoying.
Does it only happen when you turn the steering wheel? It sounds kind of like the electric power steering pump to me.

DieselJeep

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Ecodiesel Sport S
For me it seems to only happen when I tap on the gas peddle while the vehicle goes 20-40 miles per hour. It stops immediately after I stop pressing the gas peddle.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I wish I had selective hearing with this annoying chirp :)
My EcoDiesel, whenever I'm going slow speeds coming to a stop, as I press the brake I hear a bit of a chirp myself. I've removed my brake pads and rotors on all four wheels to make sure there's no rocks in there. At this point I'm pretty certain the chirp that I'm hearing is coming from the brake pedal itself, I'm thinking I might need to throw some silicon gel on there and lube it up a little bit.

The fact that you move your steering wheel and it seems to make more noise, leads me to believe that it has something to do with the power steering fluid. I'd be up to check if you have a leak or if maybe there's some air in the line that's moving around. I don't really know too much about the power steering system on modern cars, but I would start there. My EcoDiesel has almost 18,000 mi on it and I've already had to add a little bit of power steering fluid to it twice now. I'm not sure if it's just eating it up or what but it's disappearing somewhere over the last 17,800 mi. Not a lot mind you, It's like I'm adding maybe 6 oz each time, but enough that it's noticeable.

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
For me it seems to only happen when I tap on the gas peddle while the vehicle goes 20-40 miles per hour. It stops immediately after I stop pressing the gas peddle.
Here's another thought for you, my wife Subaru Forester has this annoying whistling sound, somewhat similar sounding to that original video. Not quite as pronounced but definitely an annoying whistle all the same. Took me a while to figure it out but you could hear it while it was idling or at slow speeds like you were saying. What it was is the fan on the front of the engine for whatever reason makes this weird squeaking sound when it's running. Which would kind of make sense that you would hear that when you're hitting the gas or idling, at slower speeds the fans going to be working more to bring air into the engine bay. Whereas when you're at higher speeds you're not going to hear it as much because there's enough wind moving through the engine bay that the fan doesn't need to run as much.

In the case of my wife's Subaru, there's really nothing I can do about it, just sucking up and get used to it. At this point we've had it for 2 and a half years and I don't even notice anymore, unless we are sitting somewhere for a while with the engine running, then it usually gets to me. But otherwise it's pretty bearable with time.

YeahProllyNot

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel
My Gladiator Ecodiesel makes the same chirping/crickets noise when accelerating at low RPMs.

Sponsored