Sponsored

Chirp/Squeak after lift installed - Narrowed down sound - Ideas?

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
So since being back from our roadtrip. The first thing you hear every morning is that chirp (metal on metal sound) when enter into the Jeep. Sometimes it’s louder and clanks which produces a sound like someone taps a wrench onto metal (I have a video of that but at a different angle when I was seeing if it was the trackbar hitting on the passenger side mount). After that initial sound you can rock the Jeep back in forth on the rock rails and it will not produce that sound again.

The only other time you hear that sound (metal on metal) is when that front driver area hits and expansion joint or manhole cover at the right angle and compresses and decompresses the shock and spring at normal drive speed.

That video above is me placing the phone at the spot where the metal on metal sound is the loudest, so far, based on hunting over the last few days. That sound seems to happen at that first compression of the shock and spring (e.g., every morning)

I’m most likely going to just remove the spring and shock and just check, reseat and reinstall the spring and shock see if that helps.
Any update after resetting the spring and shock?

I'm currently hunting a similar issue 😀
Sponsored

OP
OP
EngenZerO

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Any update after resetting the spring and shock?

I'm currently hunting a similar issue 😀

I never reset the springs or shocks. I loosened up the top shock bolt on the driver side and retorqued to spec (Per Dynatrac’s advise) and it went away it’s been squeak free since then