Sponsored

Chinese floor mats - stitched? Anyone try these?

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
They're pretty neat looking but, YIKES, that is a steep price to pay from a Chinese seller.

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Both my parents have these type of generic mats in their cars. They're fine. My Dad's car is a 2006 and the mats are still holding up. Those ones are very overpriced though. You might have better luck using Bhiner to surf Taobao (the Chinese version of eBay).

Edit: I forgot to mention that they're very slippery when they get wet! You can get ones that have an anti slip section, it looks like a doormat, but that section gets wrecked in about 4 days of use because the fibres fall apart.

OP
OP
VictorChampion

VictorChampion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Both my parents have these type of generic mats in their cars. They're fine. My Dad's car is a 2006 and the mats are still holding up. Those ones are very overpriced though. You might have better luck using Bhiner to surf Taobao (the Chinese version of eBay).

Edit: I forgot to mention that they're very slippery when they get wet! You can get ones that have an anti slip section, it looks like a doormat, but that section gets wrecked in about 4 days of use because the fibres fall apart.

Thanks for the insight! I agree they are pricey but I do like the stitching and color contrast.

Sponsored

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the insight! I agree they are pricey but I do like the stitching and color contrast.
Got them. Love it. Looks really great on my Black Rubi. Ordered cargo mats in same ... waiting on delivery.

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
Here's some pics of these mats in my black JLUR.

Purchased Interior Floor mats from eBay seller @huamao0118 for $155 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Floor-Mats-Carpets-All-Weather-Waterproof-Pad-Auto-Mat/263980436177?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Purchased Trunk mats from AliExpress from seller @lsrtw2017 for $146 shipped.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/lsr...908.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.68eb4c4dAgareZ

The seller does not offer 'Rubicon type 3' styled set in red-black stitching, (black with white sticking available)' and I had to custom order it using mobile chat with the seller.

1 week later - here's my first impressions. I love the look, quality and finish of these mats. The black mats with red diamond stitching look fabulous on my black JLUR. I have the red on black theme going on and it makes the interior look rich (my personal opinion).
The mats are functional and can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth. Mats have a rough back and they do not move around.

Interior mats, fit properly in the seat wells and stay in place with the help of tacks that slide behind the interior plastic.
Trunk mats have velcro tacks glued to the back of the mats. The adhesive backs need to be removed and the velcro tacks fix to the gray carpeting everywhere in the trunk area using glue. I have found that these glue backs do not form a strong with the existing carpet and are coming loose in a few places. Over time the glue will dry out and with how high temperatures can get inside during summertime, the tacks are bound to come loose eventually. I am not worried about it, and have purchased some heavy duty stick-on velcro to replace the ones that fail. Everything else about the mats is fine.

CAUTION: Cheap quality vinyl lookalike mats and are available for a much lower price from other merchants online, and I wouldn't buy them. These ones are made of poly fiber strands and are definitely more durable and quality View attachment 178586
IMG_2277.jpg
View attachment 178588
IMG_2281.jpg
IMG_2276.jpg
IMG_2278.jpg
View attachment 178592
IMG_2288.jpg
IMG_2290.jpg
IMG_2291.jpg
IMG_2292.jpg
IMG_2293.jpg
IMG_2294.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Here's some pics of these mats in my black JLUR.

Purchased Interior Floor mats from eBay seller @huamao0118 for $155 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Floor-Mats-Carpets-All-Weather-Waterproof-Pad-Auto-Mat/263980436177?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Purchased Trunk mats from AliExpress from seller @lsrtw2017 for $146 shipped.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/lsr...908.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.68eb4c4dAgareZ

The seller does not offer 'Rubicon type 3' styled set in red-black stitching, (black with white sticking available)' and I had to custom order it using mobile chat with the seller.

1 week later - here's my first impressions. I love the look, quality and finish of these mats. The black mats with red diamond stitching look fabulous on my black JLUR. I have the red on black theme going on and it makes the interior look rich (my personal opinion).
The mats are functional and can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth. Mats have a rough back and they do not move around.

Interior mats, fit properly in the seat wells and stay in place with the help of tacks that slide behind the interior plastic.
Trunk mats have velcro tacks glued to the back of the mats. The adhesive backs need to be removed and the velcro tacks fix to the gray carpeting everywhere in the trunk area using glue. I have found that these glue backs do not form a strong with the existing carpet and are coming loose in a few places. Over time the glue will dry out and with how high temperatures can get inside during summertime, the tacks are bound to come loose eventually. I am not worried about it, and have purchased some heavy duty stick-on velcro to replace the ones that fail. Everything else about the mats is fine.

CAUTION: Cheap quality vinyl lookalike mats and are available for a much lower price from other merchants online, and I wouldn't buy them. These ones are made of poly fiber strands and are definitely more durable and quality View attachment 178586
IMG_2277.jpg
View attachment 178588
IMG_2281.jpg
IMG_2276.jpg
IMG_2278.jpg
View attachment 178592
IMG_2288.jpg
IMG_2290.jpg
IMG_2291.jpg
IMG_2292.jpg
IMG_2293.jpg
IMG_2294.jpg
Damn that looks GOOD

Sponsored

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted the seller directly via chat feature of the AliExpress app and had it custom made.

Big Daddy

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 GLC300 Coupe
At age 47; wife says I’m finally mature enough for a Jeep...

First acquisition was these super lucky #1 floor mats from Hong Kong via Amazon for $125. Well constructed non-permeable quilted multi-layered pleather. Kids dig being bare foot in the Jeep. Vacuum and wipe down clean up. Didn’t care for the beige stitching (choice of beige or red), so I used black Kiwi shoe polish to dull them graphite color. Easy but took a few hours. Whole-heartedly endorse.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

85123455-2BF3-426C-8E09-B2B37C2CF16D.jpeg

EFF86137-8AF1-46C8-9691-80CCB383A2D9.jpeg

BA0F3F51-0FB4-4F64-9BBF-F8EA49EA1A7E.jpeg

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I am curious as to how these hold up over time as they are more fabric-like than the harder plastics typically used.

Primed

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon , 2016 ram 3500
I love mine , we will see how they handle snowy winter

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE: 1.5 yrs now and holding up really well. No rips / tears or any other damage so far from regular use. Of course, my Jeep has never been in true off road mode as yet so there's no real abuse here, just a few camping trips.
Sponsored