Chinese floor mats - stitched? Anyone try these?

1. VictorChampion

VictorChampion Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL Rubicon
    Liked:
  2. rockadile

rockadile Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mojito! JLUR
    Liked:
    They're pretty neat looking but, YIKES, that is a steep price to pay from a Chinese seller.

VictorChampion likes this.
  3. Simulacra

Simulacra Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Therese
    Vehicle(s):
    Rogue
    Liked:
    Both my parents have these type of generic mats in their cars. They're fine. My Dad's car is a 2006 and the mats are still holding up. Those ones are very overpriced though. You might have better luck using Bhiner to surf Taobao (the Chinese version of eBay).

Edit: I forgot to mention that they're very slippery when they get wet! You can get ones that have an anti slip section, it looks like a doormat, but that section gets wrecked in about 4 days of use because the fibres fall apart.

4. Covfefe

Covfefe Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang & Chrysler 200S
    Liked:
    Damn that looks pretty good
    s-l1600.jpg

5. OP
    OP
    VictorChampion

VictorChampion Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL Rubicon
    Liked:

Thanks for the insight! I agree they are pricey but I do like the stitching and color contrast.

zingat likes this.
  6. zingat

zingat Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    Liked:
    Jeepster !
    Garage Profiles:
    Got them. Love it. Looks really great on my Black Rubi. Ordered cargo mats in same ... waiting on delivery.

7. richardmullerj

richardmullerj New Member

First Name:
    Richard
    Vehicle(s):
    Audi A5
    Liked:
    pretty nice, I'll buy one also

8. zingat

zingat Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Jeepster !
    Garage Profiles:
    Here's some pics of these mats in my black JLUR.

Purchased Interior Floor mats from eBay seller @huamao0118 for $155 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Floor-Mats-Carpets-All-Weather-Waterproof-Pad-Auto-Mat/263980436177?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Purchased Trunk mats from AliExpress from seller @lsrtw2017 for $146 shipped.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/lsr...908.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.68eb4c4dAgareZ

The seller does not offer 'Rubicon type 3' styled set in red-black stitching, (black with white sticking available)' and I had to custom order it using mobile chat with the seller.

1 week later - here's my first impressions. I love the look, quality and finish of these mats. The black mats with red diamond stitching look fabulous on my black JLUR. I have the red on black theme going on and it makes the interior look rich (my personal opinion).
    The mats are functional and can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth. Mats have a rough back and they do not move around.

Interior mats, fit properly in the seat wells and stay in place with the help of tacks that slide behind the interior plastic.
    Trunk mats have velcro tacks glued to the back of the mats. The adhesive backs need to be removed and the velcro tacks fix to the gray carpeting everywhere in the trunk area using glue. I have found that these glue backs do not form a strong with the existing carpet and are coming loose in a few places. Over time the glue will dry out and with how high temperatures can get inside during summertime, the tacks are bound to come loose eventually. I am not worried about it, and have purchased some heavy duty stick-on velcro to replace the ones that fail. Everything else about the mats is fine.

CAUTION: Cheap quality vinyl lookalike mats and are available for a much lower price from other merchants online, and I wouldn't buy them. These ones are made of poly fiber strands and are definitely more durable and quality IMG_2277.jpg IMG_2281.jpg IMG_2276.jpg IMG_2278.jpg IMG_2288.jpg IMG_2290.jpg IMG_2291.jpg IMG_2292.jpg IMG_2293.jpg IMG_2294.jpg .

9. Covfefe

Covfefe Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang & Chrysler 200S
    Liked:
    Damn that looks GOOD

10. Kevin Mojito

Kevin Mojito Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
    Liked:
  11. zingat

zingat Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Jeepster !
    Garage Profiles:
    I contacted the seller directly via chat feature of the AliExpress app and had it custom made.