Sponsored

Chinese fan spotted 2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition??

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Why was it just sitting a construction site? Tester checking out his new house being built?
Maybe there are testing the wheel pressure monitor to see if it detects punctures in the tire ;)...easiest way to get a nail or screw in your tire is to drive onto a construction site!

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
also it has the smaller screen looks like the 7', i thought the 8.4' was standard on all rubicons, according to the...
but i guess this could be the export version we see here
2018_wrangler_jl_standard_equipment_02-4-jpg.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-jlu-interior2-jpg.jpg

500_wkjbylojfiaadfclaaevw8tjlnc141-jpg.jpg

Do Whaa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tricycle
Certainly that's not the final/production location for the back-up camera?? If so, that would negate any use of a wheel cover or any modification/replacement of the tire carrier. Why would it not be located on the license plate light housing as it is in almost all other vehicles?

Sponsored

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-mopar-parts-4-jpg.jpg
Certainly that's not the final/production location for the back-up camera?? If so, that would negate any use of a wheel cover or any modification/replacement of the tire carrier. Why would it not be located on the license plate light housing as it is in almost all other vehicles?
It is the final location. We have already seen Mopar tire covers with a hole in them for the camera.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I prefer the camera centered. They did the right thing.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Why would it not be located on the license plate light housing as it is in almost all other vehicles?
Because the license plate is off-centre and provides a poor view for back-up, and has an obstructed view to the side as well. And now that the license plate is incorporated in the bumper it still has the issuemof removable bumpers.

Now as we discussed before, likely this removable camera can be relocated if you want to mount it somewhere else, but as a default location, it makes sense.

As mentioned before we’ve already seen MOPAR tire covers with the holes to account for this camera.

D45A5889-C71A-45FC-B360-4E75606B79B1.jpeg

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Hopefully the back up camera isn't something that will have a street value and be a target for thieves. I guess any back up camera can be stolen, but this one is very visible along with a screw to detach the cover. I suppose only the outer cover is removed to access the spare tire. Maybe the camera itself if more securely mounted and not easy to detach.