Children and back seat belts

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
We headed out on our first road trip this weekend as a family in the new JLUR. About 1 hour in and both kids in the back seat started saying their seat belts were uncomfortable. At first I thought it was just kids being kids but later when we had pulled over I could see what they were complaining about. It appears the seat belts come across their bodies at a different angle than our other cars and are rubbing against their necks. Seems to be the result of where the belt originates back on the roll bar. Anyone else out there with young kids receive similar back seat complaints? Wondering if there is a quick fix that would make the ride more comfortable for them back there.
Sponsored

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
During one test drive I sat in the back seat with my daughter while my wife drove. The first thing I noticed was how horrible the back seat seatbelt was. It was very awkward with its placement and where it came across my chest, and was impossible to make comfortable for my daughter.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
My daughter also commented how horrible it was. I have caught her taking the belt and putting it behind her.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep4Life0112

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
This comes to mind:

https://www.amazon.com/ilyever-Univ...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4DY77HEHGB8KHPDXX4SM

I’m not sure what exactly you had in mind, but I don’t believe the seat belts can be moved in such a way that has been crash tested. (unless they are adjustable like the fronts but I don’t think they are).
Looks like I’ll need to check something like this out. My son is almost 9 so we ditched the booster seat about a year back. Might need to try using it again if it helps comfort for him. I want him to love this Jeep as much as I do.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
We have a backless booster, and one with a back. The booster with the back is fine. The one without you really need to use the belt positioning strap thing. But even with that it is in an odd place due to the angle from being mounted so far back and over. The middle seat is much better if you have an Unlimited.

CrimsonGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Any other good options out there for the rear seatbelts? My 15 and 12 year old both deal with rubbing at the neck.

tactical_gnr

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
I'm also looking for any solutions here. My kids have been troopers about this, but the shoulder straps really are in a bad spot across their necks.

Steven Yates

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon
There are multiple solutions on Amazon this is one of the adjusters I think works exceptionally well there are many like this one branded under other names

5110C397-8A5E-4B12-A115-1AA5CD2CBF19.jpeg

Sponsored

Chuckster

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 2007 Jeep Patriol
It is not just kids….when I ride in the back seat (adult at 5’4”) the seat belt is uncomfortable riding on my neck. Have not figured out a solution yet.

AndrewHW

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
I have a 7 year old that sits in a booster without a back and a 4 year old that sits in a booster with a back on it. No complaints from them yet. I have a 17 and 15 year old as well but they haven’t sat in the back seat yet.

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
I am in this situation too. I wish Jeep would just install a loop on the seat back like you would find in a convertible. Would correct the incoming angle if needed
Sponsored