Children and back seat belts

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
We headed out on our first road trip this weekend as a family in the new JLUR. About 1 hour in and both kids in the back seat started saying their seat belts were uncomfortable. At first I thought it was just kids being kids but later when we had pulled over I could see what they were complaining about. It appears the seat belts come across their bodies at a different angle than our other cars and are rubbing against their necks. Seems to be the result of where the belt originates back on the roll bar. Anyone else out there with young kids receive similar back seat complaints? Wondering if there is a quick fix that would make the ride more comfortable for them back there.
Advertisement

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Cypher

First Name
J
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
During one test drive I sat in the back seat with my daughter while my wife drove. The first thing I noticed was how horrible the back seat seatbelt was. It was very awkward with its placement and where it came across my chest, and was impossible to make comfortable for my daughter.

aml

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
My daughter also commented how horrible it was. I have caught her taking the belt and putting it behind her.

OP
OP
Jeep4Life0112

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
This comes to mind:

https://www.amazon.com/ilyever-Univ...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4DY77HEHGB8KHPDXX4SM

I’m not sure what exactly you had in mind, but I don’t believe the seat belts can be moved in such a way that has been crash tested. (unless they are adjustable like the fronts but I don’t think they are).
Looks like I’ll need to check something like this out. My son is almost 9 so we ditched the booster seat about a year back. Might need to try using it again if it helps comfort for him. I want him to love this Jeep as much as I do.

Cypher

First Name
J
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
We have a backless booster, and one with a back. The booster with the back is fine. The one without you really need to use the belt positioning strap thing. But even with that it is in an odd place due to the angle from being mounted so far back and over. The middle seat is much better if you have an Unlimited.

Advertisement

Quake LED

Advertisement