MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
There’s a chief blue diesel JL throughout the video as well
Oops, haha, didn't watch it. The thumbnail was a Hydro Gladiator so I thought you posted in the wrong thread.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Well, finally got PPF (xpel ultimate plus 10 mil) and tint (3m crystalline) done (a week later than expected). So can now take it out this weekend. I might try to go find some snow to test out the full time 4wd. Can't wait to take the top off as well.

Amazing how much difference the crystalline tint here in AZ makes. 99%/97% UV/IR reduction. The tint dealers put on vehicles is such crap in comparison.

May end up (in time) PPFing the entire two door, only did the full front -- grill, hood, front fender flares, rear fender flares, cowl areas, windshield surround, head lamps -- which was around $2k for the 10 mil stuff. Good enough for now. Did entire Gladiator (which ended up being $6k with tailgate and the requirement to disassemble all the doors) since it'll see a lot of trail use whereas this is mostly the wife's DD/cruiser. May occasionally trail it but nothing that'll pin stripe.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Secret Squirrel
Hi Everyone, First post here...

I just picked up a 2021 Islander Edition here in Ontario. Love it! The white trim on the inside is amazing... Here is a pic comparing my Islander Chief Blue to my 2019 Hydro Peal Blue Cherokee Trailhawk.

Last edited:

jjmarkus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR to replace 2018 JLUR, 2020 GMC Sierra, 2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2007 Shelby GT500
Last edited:

Bren83

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRU
Hi Everyone, First post here...

I just picked up a 2021 Islander Edition here in Ontario. Love it! The white trim on the inside is amazing... Here is a pic comparing my Islander Chief Blue to my 2019 Hydro Peal Blue Cherokee Trailhawk.

View attachment 422214

View attachment 422215
ohhhh She's a beauty!!
I just picked up at Rubicon Chief! It was hard to find one exactly as I wanted it as we can't order them here in Ontario.. so its just whatever the dealer had.. and like you I wanted black with blue instead of all body coloured options!

IMG_0347.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yeah, how is that full time 4WD, I'm curious if I should get it.
incredible. Drove to Moab yesterday from Phoenix.

drove thru a blizzard in Flagstaff— it let up for a while and then was pretty much straight blizzard until 15 miles outside of Moab. Averaged 23 mpg

the combination of the KO2’s and full time 4wd gave me great confidence. Had great stopping ability too though was very cautious and gave lots of distance between vehicles.

wheeled it today just on fins n things but did all the harder stuff there. No issues with the t case.

Will add pics soon. Did arches a bit today and doing alpine loop and maybe another trail tomorrow. Also airing down when it’s 20 out sucks

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Anybody seen one with a white hard top yet? Apparently it’s an option to order now.

mqu02

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Industrial Engineering
Anybody seen one with a white hard top yet? Apparently it’s an option to order now.
Yeah. I saw this Chief Blue Islander with a white top at this dealer. It looked pretty sweet, and here is a picture for reference.

Jeep Wrangler JL CHIEF Blue Wrangler JL Club 1613619325353

Flyn G

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2021 Subaru WRX
Occupation
DFJ Pilot
Wut! I asked for that last November when I ordered my Jeep! No can do was the reply.

Sponsored

pitboy68

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT
I think it would look pretty good. I wonder if a standard white painted fender would be a match?
If the white hard top is from the factory then I don't see why they would use two different colors, right?

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel
Hey Everyone,

We're a little late in the game with wanting to buy a Chief Blue Unlimited Rubicon. There are still a few left on lots that I have found... just not a lot of choices, and a long way to go get them.

The main reason I'm posting is about color-matched fenders (and hard top).

We will be building this for wheeling. Not extreme; but, 3-1/2" lift and 37s. We spend a few weeks every year in Moab, and that's really what the Jeep is being purchased for.

My inclination is to buy the black top and black fenders. There's a nice contrast between the black and the Chief. I am mostly concerned about the painted fenders being more easily damaged than the black fenders. The painted fender have a different look to them... and they really do look nice.

Just curious if anyone else has debated color for the same reasons with Chief. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I really planned on a diesel; but, that limits the options even more when looking for Chief Blue.

Thanks for any opinions you can offer.

Jeff

Jean Genie

First Name
Jeana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Willys, 2023 HVY Rubicon XR
Hey Everyone,

We're a little late in the game with wanting to buy a Chief Blue Unlimited Rubicon. There are still a few left on lots that I have found... just not a lot of choices, and a long way to go get them.

The main reason I'm posting is about color-matched fenders (and hard top).

We will be building this for wheeling. Not extreme; but, 3-1/2" lift and 37s. We spend a few weeks every year in Moab, and that's really what the Jeep is being purchased for.

My inclination is to buy the black top and black fenders. There's a nice contrast between the black and the Chief. I am mostly concerned about the painted fenders being more easily damaged than the black fenders. The painted fender have a different look to them... and they really do look nice.

Just curious if anyone else has debated color for the same reasons with Chief. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I really planned on a diesel; but, that limits the options even more when looking for Chief Blue.

Thanks for any opinions you can offer.

Jeff
Chief Blue was my top color choice. Unfortunately by the time I was ready to order last November it was already discontinued.

Our dealer had a Chief Blue Sahara with color matched top and fenders and a Rubicon with black top and fenders. It was great to be able to compare them side by side. Both my husband and I liked the black contrast on the Rubi a lot better. Even though I love the color the Sahara was just a little too much blue for me.

Unfortunately neither Jeep was optioned the way we wanted so we still had to order.

The Rubicon is still on the lot if your search doesn't find something closer to home. But it's a manual and the dealer added a lift and different wheels, larger tires and who knows what else.
Sponsored