Dodge
OP
OP

barometer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
@Spearmin I very nearly jumped on a *beautiful* '17 Rubicon in Rhino that was down in Austin for ~$45K. But it was pretty bare-bones (for a Rubicon), already 5 years old, and had ~40K miles on it. And I'd have had to factor in the cost of upgrading the head unit to something with AA.

Ordering from Gupton, I'm paying $47K for a fully loaded Sahara Altitude that's brand new with 0 miles and a full warranty. Only thing I skipped is the LED package and Smoker's package.

For me, as a 1st time Jeep owner that's never been offroading, the Sahara was obviously a better choice.
Ricky - Can you share your build PDF?

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel
Hi,

I have seen both the Blues in person. Pearl has two tones, one in the sunlight and becomes a bit darker in the night. But Chief is my fav on the Rubi - very unique and stands out. I might fall back on the Firecracker Red as my 2nd option if I dont get the Chief.

Covert gave me 3% below invoice. Gupton quote is the standard - 7% below if you use TL and 8% below if you go with their finance. I'm in Houston, so Gupton is not a straightforward option for me.

But the Chief Blue has thrown a wrench to my build and order plan. Now going to search with the keyword "chief blue"

Thanks for the inputs.
I went through a similar process when we were looking for our Chief Blue JLUR in February and March.

One of the things that I found on Cargurus (and maybe other sites) was that Chief Blue was often not listed as "blue". It was listed in whatever the undefined/unknown category. It was time consuming; but, searching through those types of categories did show a number of Chief Blue JLURs at that time. It was worth it for us do the search. (I searched nationwide and locally in certain regions.)

Good luck with your search. I feel grateful that we found what we were looking for.

Jeff
Sponsored