First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher, Golf Coach
I checked my fuses when I took delivery yesterday--I only had one slightly loose. Everything else was fine. Perhaps they are addressing the problem or I got lucky.

The tires were overinflated though--42 in all of them. When I got home, I dropped the psi to 35 for all of them. It definitely drives better with the reduced pressure.

Stay well everyone.
Sponsored

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I just had to add this is a great thread and should almost be a sticky or something.

I urged my dealer to check my fuses when I picked up my JLUR a few weeks ago. My salesman remarked that he never really heard of such a thing but would have it looked at.

When I picked up the Jeep, he was quick to comment that he checked the fuses himself and a good number weren't seated in all the way. I told him I had read it here and that it seems to be fairly common. He was going to make a note to start checking that in the future.

Glad I saw this thread. Might've saved me from some electrical problem at some point!

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
Why aren't the dealers making this a part of their check they do when they come in.
I think some dealers do no pre-delivery prep at all, except for maybe washing it. A while back I test drove a Wrangler that the sales rep said already had its "PDI". The steering felt rather "squierlley"; so when I got back to the dealership, I took an accurate digital tire gauge from my car and checked the tires. All four had 46 pounds air pressure - about 32% over-inflated!

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I think some dealers do no pre-delivery prep at all, except for maybe washing it. A while back I test drove a Wrangler that the sales rep said already had its "PDI". The steering felt rather "squierlley"; so when I got back to the dealership, I took an accurate digital tire gauge from my car and checked the tires. All four had 46 pounds air pressure - about 32% over-inflated!
Salesman are the best Liars there is !

Sponsored

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
I checked my fuses last night, and they were all nice and tight.

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
I've owned my jeep for 1 year now and just checked my fuses earlier today after reading this thread. Almost every single one of them was loose!!! I feel fortunate I didn't have any issues, especially considering all the bumpy roads/trails I've driven on this past year.

Anyone reading this who just made a purchase....please check those fuses. Don't be stupid like me and wait a year!!

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ok. I have seen this topic for a few weeks now and NEVER thought anything of it. Well, tonight I was bored watching Clemson kicking the dog piss out of ND, so at half time I went and checked my 2021 JLUR. Picked it up about 8 weeks ago.

Wow. Just wow. I stopped counting loose fuses after 20. Then moved to all the relays. I can honestly say, the relays were all crooked, or not seated by at least 2mm. Every one pushed right in, nice and flat.

Please check your fuses.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
2020 JLUR here with about 4,500 miles and just checked. Wtf... about same as previous poster I stopped counting.

Sponsored

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition
Took delivery of my 2021 JLU Willys Edition almost a month ago, and after reading these posts, checked the fuses. Sure enough, three of them were loose, and clicked when I pushed down. Thanks, JLWranglerForums!

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I just talked to my sales guy and my Wrangler is in status KZ R "within a few days of dealer" (I'm trying to figure out how a three hour drive = a few days, but...). I asked him if he could have the service guys check the fuses when they do the inspection. He had not heard of this issue. I'll let you know if they find anything amiss (and I'll probably double check it when I get home).

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I just talked to my sales guy and my Wrangler is in status KZ R "within a few days of dealer" (I'm trying to figure out how a three hour drive = a few days, but...). I asked him if he could have the service guys check the fuses when they do the inspection. He had not heard of this issue. I'll let you know if they find anything amiss (and I'll probably double check it when I get home).
Typical Salesman. Never heard of that ! Imagine that !

Dude3320

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep rubicon unlimited
Picked up my jeep 2 weeks ago found this forum and checked my fuses and all the big ones were lose one idk how it didn't rattle off.

Davesnhere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 6 speed manual...
Just checked my 21....15 were not pushed all the way down!
Sponsored