Check your fuses on new JL deliveries!

LockeUSC

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU 80th Anniversary, 2021 Cherokee 80th Anniversary
I had my dealership check upon deliver last Friday of MY 21JLU. Yep almost every single fuse loose. One of which was causing issues with internal displays that fixed as soon as they were secured. He thought I was being ridiculous when i asked them to check it before I would sign as they had not heard of this issue. Yep, you guessed it whoever the heck is doing this at the factory phoning it in on the regular apparently.
Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
@JeepCares anything you can do about this???? The fuses have been loose since the JL came out. @JeepCares should care enough to notify corporate that there is an easily fixable quality control issue, that can be easily fixed with a little quality control...........................................ya know what I’m saying.......................

I checked mine at the dealer when I picked it up, with the salesman watching in disbelief, and most of them were very loose.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
And here’s one more @JeepCares for good measure.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares anything you can do about this???? The fuses have been loose since the JL came out. @JeepCares should care enough to notify corporate that there is an easily fixable quality control issue, that can be easily fixed with a little quality control...........................................ya know what I’m saying.......................

I checked mine at the dealer when I picked it up, with the salesman watching in disbelief, and most of them were very loose.
And here’s one more @JeepCares for good measure.
Thank you for tagging us. We have passed this information along internally. If you would like this formally documented on your behalf, please send us a PM with your VIN.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’ve been driving around my 2021 JLUR for three months and haven’t experienced any electrical issue but seeing as even the 2021 model years have this fuse sloppiness, (which can be almost fully addressed in one, single, short meeting of the assembly line workers, I might add) I should definitely stop putting it off and check them all for peace of mind!

Deleted member 59098

Anyone know if a robot or really weak handed individual plugged the fuses in on the assembly line? I’m imagining a 95lb person with no muscle tone spending 8 hours putting fuses in.

Deleted member 59098

I’ve been driving around my 2021 JLUR for three months and haven’t experienced any electrical issue but seeing as even the 2021 model years have this fuse sloppiness, (which can be almost fully addressed in one, single, short meeting of the assembly line workers, I might add) I should definitely stop putting it off and check them all for peace of mind!
Takes like 5 minutes. But it’s painful to think of what else was messed up on the assembly line. I found a lose bolt on the floor behind an interior panel when running my CB cable. The jeep seems well built, but I almost want to go under and check everything before I can really trust the thing.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Anyone know if a robot or really weak handed individual plugged the fuses in on the assembly line? I’m imagining a 95lb person with no muscle tone spending 8 hours putting fuses in.
Nope. All the fuses are likely installed by a supplier. The entire unit is just installed as a single piece part. The build options dictate only how it's put together in China.

It would absolutely be beneith the UAW to do anything that they aren't explicitly been contracted to do. FCA probably just treats the fuse box like any other nut and bolt. It gets installed in the most efficient manner possible then left as an inspection task at the dealership prior to delivery.

Unfortunately that is a much too inconvenient and costly task for some near minimum wage apprentice service tech. The dealer blames assembly, manufacturing blames the dealership and the FCA execs collect their bonuses for finding ways at finding ways to shave pennies out of the overall process.

Just my suspicion.

Jay

Dansbridge

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Bridge Builder
My 2021 Rubicon was fine. However, my wifes 2021 JLUR had (12) loose fuses.

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Takes like 5 minutes. But it’s painful to think of what else was messed up on the assembly line. I found a lose bolt on the floor behind an interior panel when running my CB cable. The jeep seems well built, but I almost want to go under and check everything before I can really trust the thing.
Exactly! It really does make you think. For example, a loose sun visor isn’t the biggest deal, but it makes you start thinking about what else might be loose? Suspension components? Brake Components?

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
Had my new Rubi for over a month now. Saw this post and finally got around to checking the fuses. A bunch were loose and had to be snapped down.
Thanks for the reminder!!!!! :like:

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
Picked up our recently delivered 2021 JLU (3.6L etorque/auto) last weekend. As others noted, almost every fuse was loose and tire pressure was 43+. We took it on a test drive around the corner to check the steering, and drove some with ESS on and off in traffic. Then we pulled over to a vacant lot and shifted through the 4WD gears and went through ”the checklist”.

Steering was good over 55, welds looked right, paint was good at door brackets/hinges, rubber trailer hitch cover and splice tubing present, all power ports working, tool kit for hard top, owners manual, freedom panel bag, etc, but the fuses were ridiculously loose. The large ones were hardly seated at all. We pushed them all in and returned to the dealer to sign the papers. So far so good!

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Picked up our recently delivered 2021 JLU (3.6L etorque/auto) last weekend. As others noted, almost every fuse was loose and tire pressure was 43+. We took it on a test drive around the corner to check the steering, and drove some with ESS on and off in traffic. Then we pulled over to a vacant lot and shifted through the 4WD gears and went through ”the checklist”.

Steering was good over 55, welds looked right, paint was good at door brackets/hinges, rubber trailer hitch cover and splice tubing present, all power ports working, tool kit for hard top, owners manual, freedom panel bag, etc, but the fuses were ridiculously loose. The large ones were hardly seated at all. We pushed them all in and returned to the dealer to sign the papers. So far so good!
Enjoy your new Jeep!😁

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
Nope. All the fuses are likely installed by a supplier. The entire unit is just installed as a single piece part. The build options dictate only how it's put together in China.

It would absolutely be beneith the UAW to do anything that they aren't explicitly been contracted to do. FCA probably just treats the fuse box like any other nut and bolt. It gets installed in the most efficient manner possible then left as an inspection task at the dealership prior to delivery.

Unfortunately that is a much too inconvenient and costly task for some near minimum wage apprentice service tech. The dealer blames assembly, manufacturing blames the dealership and the FCA execs collect their bonuses for finding ways at finding ways to shave pennies out of the overall process.

Just my suspicion.

Jay
Your complaint should be addressed to the people that approve the contracts, not any workers. If you knew anything about that nuisance it would make sense. But looking at it from a pragmatic perspective your correct. Just do the work correctly the first time.
Sponsored