Sponsored

Check this out... there is a Service Bulletin out for the JL suspension - steering issues.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
My 21 JL 2 door was delivered in March. I had the problem resolved by the dealer yesterday. Clicking is gone. Now my question is did the ball joints get damaged while they were loose?
You should be fine, but this is the exact reason I took mine to the dealer. As easy as it is to fix yourself, I wanted the documentation that acknowledged the issue. Just in case I would have issues with anything in the future.
Sponsored

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
Props for the thread!! I was noticing a click on my 2021 too. Just had the service done today and mentioned the TSB. They said the one balljoint nut was barely finger tight.

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Does anyone have the link to this TSB? I came across it about a month ago but now cannot find it again and Iā€™m driving myself crazy searching for it šŸ˜‚

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
Does anyone have the link to this TSB? I came across it about a month ago but now cannot find it again and Iā€™m driving myself crazy searching for it šŸ˜‚
hey did you ever get the TSB? I am going into the dealer and want to take the guess work out so they can just fix it.

Sponsored

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
I couldnā€™t find the link but I gave the service rep the number from these pictures and he found it on his computer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Check this out... there is a Service Bulletin out for the JL suspension - steering issues. 0C36D546-FE75-400A-844A-042254829DA1
Jeep Wrangler JL Check this out... there is a Service Bulletin out for the JL suspension - steering issues. 0C36D546-FE75-400A-844A-042254829DA1
you rock! Thanks so much. And I take it it fixed the clicking?

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
you rock! Thanks so much. And I take it it fixed the clicking?
There is still some clicking but MUCH less. It now only clicks when I am really getting after it off-road - Moab bumper bending and rock bashing lol. It use to be all the time when I was in 4L.

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
There is still some clicking but MUCH less. It now only clicks when I am really getting after it off-road - Moab bumper bending and rock bashing lol. It use to be all the time when I was in 4L.
oh ok, my clicking happens in any mode (not just 4wd) but that seems to be common on here as well (on stock vehicles like mine).

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I love this forum! I was getting similar clicking noises when backing and going into my driveway over a bump and similar situations. I took it to the dealer and got the "Could Not Reproduce". Happens every time I go in and out of my driveway. Retorqued the castle nuts to 59lb-ft and advanced to the next castle, new cotter pin. My Jeep made one click coming out of the driveway and nothing since after a dozen or so tries at different angles and speeds.
Sponsored