Sponsored

Check out this picture of my steering stabilizer!

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Jeep Wrangler JL Check out this picture of my steering stabilizer! 98A3C702-9C46-4D32-852D-DA210E4554A6

This is weird. I took my JL to the dealer for the clutch recall ( it’s a software upgrade). I got my JL back over a week ago. Yesterday as I walk by the car I noticed a sticker on the steering stabilizer with an arrow pointing on the wrong direction. So I look closer, and that is a Mopar steering stabilizer. A couple of years ago I replaced the oem steering stabilizer for a Rough Country one. Why would someone replace it without me knowing? Is that the OEM one? Why is the sticker showing that it is backwards? Do you guys have that sticker?
Dealer says they know nothing about it.:movember:
Sponsored

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
There was an update to the shock, they replaced them. Looks like they put yours on upside down.
just unbolt it flip it over.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
So you took your Jeep in for service, and they performed the stabilizer recall? But instead of replacing the original Mopar version, they replaced your aftermarket stabilizer? And they installed it incorrectly? Maybe you should find a new dealer.

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you took your Jeep in for service, and they performed the stabilizer recall? But instead of replacing the original Mopar version, they replaced your aftermarket stabilizer? And they installed it incorrectly? Maybe you should find a new dealer.
You bet. I don’t ever go to the dealer unless is a recall.

Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
You bet. I don’t ever go to the dealer unless is a recall.
If I could prove they did that, I'd ask for a refund of that aftermarket part. Check your service paperwork for the V41 recall. If you see that, you know it was them, and they lied to you about knowing nothing about it. I'd be more pissed about the lie. They were just doing what they thought needed to be done, but at least own up to the mistake...

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I had to sign a waiver to get them not to replace my TeraFlex stabilizer. Then I called Chrysler and they reimbursed me for my TeraFlex stabilizer. Nice.

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to sign a waiver to get them not to replace my TeraFlex stabilizer. Then I called Chrysler and they reimbursed me for my TeraFlex stabilizer. Nice.
Honestly, the Rough Country was cheap. I just don’t like the lack of transparency. I’ll get a better one and move on.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If I could prove they did that, I'd ask for a refund of that aftermarket part. Check your service paperwork for the V41 recall. If you see that, you know it was them, and they lied to you about knowing nothing about it. I'd be more pissed about the lie. They were just doing what they thought needed to be done, but at least own up to the mistake...
You should ask the service manager to let you view the service records for your JL. If they replaced it, there will be a record of it and the parts listed. They don't do labor for free. None. Nada. Either the customer pays, the manufacturer (warranty), or insurance. In any of those scenarios, the dealer has to provide a record of the labor/parts to recoup payment. The dealer is an independent business from Jeep (FCA).

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Honestly, the Rough Country was cheap. I just don’t like the lack of transparency. I’ll get a better one and move on.
If you have stock tires, the latest p/n stock damper will work fine.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
This is weird. I took my JL to the dealer for the clutch recall ( it’s a software upgrade). I got my JL back over a week ago. Yesterday as I walk by the car I noticed a sticker on the steering stabilizer with an arrow pointing on the wrong direction. So I look closer, and that is a Mopar steering stabilizer. A couple of years ago I replaced the oem steering stabilizer for a Rough Country one. Why would someone replace it without me knowing? Is that the OEM one? Why is the sticker showing that it is backwards? Do you guys have that sticker?
Dealer says they know nothing about it.:movember:
Hi Torero,
If you do choose to return your vehicle to your dealer for diagnosis, please feel free to reach out to us here via a private message. We're happy to help!

Rob
Jeep Cares

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Just had my v41 steering stabilizer recall done. Looks like mopar finally color coded them to make them idiot proof for the techs. Lol.
Jeep Wrangler JL Check out this picture of my steering stabilizer! 3E89B211-4238-44EA-A231-918E94A23EF3
Sponsored