Sponsored

Check out this dealer BS

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
I've bought three Wranglers solely online, and a forth via replacement for the my 2018. Online is alot easier, don't set foot on a dealership floor until the Wrangler is sitting, ready, and waiting. Ultimately though, I agree there's alot of dealerships out there that are staffed by scumbags, and the biggest collection of morons this side of Walmart.

Sorry to hear about your issues.

:lipssealed:
Sponsored

OP
OP
AbeWay

AbeWay

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Update I drove up after work today and got my deposit. Dealer 3 hrs in the opposite direction has a vehicle in route to pick me up right now. You have to remember you have the money, they have a loan on a car they need to get rid of.

Half down they should have spent the four hours.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
595877833.png

I tried my very best not to custom order. Found the exact one I was going to order and it had been sitting for 3 months. My old car just totaled out from a deer and my rental reimbursement was about to end so I drove two hours from home to go get this Jeep. Explained I wasn't going to have this rental in a couple days looked at the Jeep but after is when we ran into problems.

None of the Jeeps options were installed. They got it with the wrong tires so they had the correct tires in the shop, floor mats, etc. Had to be put together would take a couple days. We negotiated, got where we wanted and I would have to return in a week and a half.

Car rental ends and I explain this to the sales person. Keeps doing on and on about how there's just no one that can get me.
Sometimes dealers don't trade with certain dealers because they are too difficult to deal with. I drove from CT to New Hampshire once for a Corvette. I didn't expect them to come get me. If I hadn't traded in what I had, I would have simply rented a car for $35 and driven there. Most rental agencies will let you drop off , actually all, would let you drop off the rental car at the dealership. This is way too much hassle for a dealer to be bothered with. What if you got there, and then had some issue with the Jeep. IE color, the way the tires look, the way it drives, whatever. He's now waisted a whole day, and then who knows, you may want them to drive you home if you don't like the Jeep. As I'm writing this I realize how much work you would cause this dealer and it isn't worth it to them. Too complicated.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Update I drove up after work today and got my deposit. Dealer 3 hrs in the opposite direction has a vehicle in route to pick me up right now. You have to remember you have the money, they have a loan on a car they need to get rid of.

Half down they should have spent the four hours.
So you can get there for your deposit but not to buy the jeep? Makes no sense. Sounds like you were just being unreasonable...

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
If you really needed a ride, you could’ve just asked. I have plenty of room in my commuter van. We could’ve had so much fun.

D661C259-88E2-463D-914F-01A143928CFD.jpeg

Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
If you really needed a ride, you could’ve just asked. I have plenty of room in my commuter van.

D661C259-88E2-463D-914F-01A143928CFD.jpeg
Dude if you don’t have free Wi-Fi , I’m out :giggle:

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. I got nuthin. Here I thought I was fortunate the dealer drove the Jeep home with me to make sure it'd fit in the garage before I purchased.
:facepalm:

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Wow. I got nuthin. Here I thought I was fortunate the dealer drove the Jeep home with me to make sure it'd fit in the garage before I purchased.
:facepalm:
I had to tell the sales guy that the purpose of the test drive was for the potential purchaser to drive the vehicle, not watch a guy in khakis drive it and listen to him talk about it.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I ordered one from a dealer 800 miles away and he wouldn't deliver it to me. The nerve of some dealers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AbeWay

AbeWay

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you can get there for your deposit but not to buy the jeep? Makes no sense. Sounds like you were just being unreasonable...
I told them I will have the rental until the 10th and I will have the payment on the 11th.

OP
OP
AbeWay

AbeWay

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I ordered one from a dealer 800 miles away and he wouldn't deliver it to me. The nerve of some dealers.
We're talking 100 miles.