Sponsored

Check out this dealer BS

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to start an argument. So instead of renting a car to buy the Jeep, you're going to rent a car while you wait to find a new vehicle?

I'm with you, it's frustrating that they didn't have the vehicle ready. Just not sure if you want to bite off your nose to spite your face.

Good Luck

Edit: I'm guessing this just isn't the right jeep, or the right price, for you. Otherwise, I'd doubt you'd let this would get in the way.
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

just curious OP, what year were you born?

Serious question

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
595877833.png

I tried my very best not to custom order. Found the exact one I was going to order and it had been sitting for 3 months. My old car just totaled out from a deer and my rental reimbursement was about to end so I drove two hours from home to go get this Jeep. Explained I wasn't going to have this rental in a couple days looked at the Jeep but after is when we ran into problems.

None of the Jeeps options were installed. They got it with the wrong tires so they had the correct tires in the shop, floor mats, etc. Had to be put together would take a couple days. We negotiated, got where we wanted and I would have to return in a week and a half.

Car rental ends and I explain this to the sales person. Keeps doing on and on about how there's just no one that can get me.
The only problem I have here is that he's calling you "bro"

Call me old school but I call everyone sir/ma'am and I dont expect them to call me sir but my name would be fine. "Bro"....I dont know you like that.

Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
595877833.png

I tried my very best not to custom order. Found the exact one I was going to order and it had been sitting for 3 months. My old car just totaled out from a deer and my rental reimbursement was about to end so I drove two hours from home to go get this Jeep. Explained I wasn't going to have this rental in a couple days looked at the Jeep but after is when we ran into problems.

None of the Jeeps options were installed. They got it with the wrong tires so they had the correct tires in the shop, floor mats, etc. Had to be put together would take a couple days. We negotiated, got where we wanted and I would have to return in a week and a half.

Car rental ends and I explain this to the sales person. Keeps doing on and on about how there's just no one that can get me.

Just delete this thread dude... your making yourself look like a fool:CWL:

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR

Call me old school but I call everyone sir/ma'am and I dont expect them to call me sir but my name would be fine. "Bro"....I dont know you like that.
I didn't realize that the screenshot was of the conversation with the dealer. I agree that I wouldn't be happy being called bro. However, the OP called him brother (twice) first.

I ordered my Jeep from a dealer 30 miles away (about 1hr each way). I didn't feel like having someone drive me so I Ubered there. I wish I would havethought about renting a car instead. It probably would have saved me a little money. Never did I even think to ask the dealer to come pick me up.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I didn't realize that the screenshot was of the conversation with the dealer. I agree that I wouldn't be happy being called bro. However, the OP called him brother (twice) first.

I ordered my Jeep from a dealer 30 miles away (about 1hr each way). I didn't feel like having someone drive me so I Ubered there. I wish I would havethought about renting a car instead. It probably would have saved me a little money. Never did I even think to ask the dealer to come pick me up.

Dive faster...LOL

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

Many of the dealers in Virginia and Maryland offer to pick you up at the airport, train or bus station. I think that's going above and beyond. Sending a worker to pick me up? Wouldn't even occur to me to ask. As far as "brother" and "bro", unless you're a Hulkamaniac, you wind up sounding like a tool anyway.

Sponsored

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev

Yes that's true, but my personal opinion here is they are a company and should be addressing people professionally.

Again, just my personal opinion

AdHerp

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jk -> 2018 JL
Update I drove up after work today and got my deposit. Dealer 3 hrs in the opposite direction has a vehicle in route to pick me up right now. You have to remember you have the money, they have a loan on a car they need to get rid of.

Half down they should have spent the four hours.
Now you know why your local dealer won't trade with this place. By the way, no dealership is worried about sitting on a Wrangler loan, it won't be there for too long.
Sponsored