First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
My steering's at least as good as my 2013 F150 or 2016 Explorer were. Dead on accuracy, zero dead spot. The only time I even see wandering is when I'm on the highway at 75mph in a 20+mph cross wind. When you take into account that Jeep is basically a brick with wheels, it's actually astonishing how little it wanders, even with such a crosswind...
Sponsored

Helloh2u

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
11 months and 15K miles, no steering issues.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
9 months young, 7200 miles and no issues before the lift. After the lift, bumpsteer when I hit a big bump in the road. My JK did that so no big deal. :jk:

Lord Vader

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS/2.0 Turbo
Occupation
OR Surgery Technician
1,700 miles on my "18" JLUS 2.0 Turbo. First time Jeep Wrangler owner! I got it back in November last year and the first thing I noticed was that the steering was slightly looser than what I've been used to recently which was a "16" Jeep Renegade and the JL steering reminded me of the steering in my old "87" and "01" Cadillac DeVilles. For me, the slightly loose steering is more comfortable and I prefer it over the tight steering of the Renegade and some Tuner cars I've owned before it.

FastCash

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
1,700 miles on my "18" JLUS 2.0 Turbo. First time Jeep Wrangler owner! I got it back in November last year and the first thing I noticed was that the steering was slightly looser than what I've been used to recently which was a "16" Jeep Renegade and the JL steering reminded me of the steering in my old "87" and "01" Cadillac DeVilles. For me, the slightly loose steering is more comfortable and I prefer it over the tight steering of the Renegade and some Tuner cars I've owned before it.
2018 JLUR, built 10/18, 2500 miles, all stock (so far!)
As delivered steering was not good, wandered badly and required constant correction at
speeds above 60mph. Various roads produced very different results, when windy it was terrible
to keep in the lane.
Back to dealer to ck. steering, found alignment was toed-out, every thing else was okay and all
newest factory fixes had been installed when built.
Steering much much better, running 35psi and very happy with results, we live in the mountains,
it corners/turns in better than my 4 previous Jeeps in all conditions.
Loving this new Jeep.

Sponsored

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
2018 JLUR, built 10/18, 2500 miles, all stock (so far!)
As delivered steering was not good, wandered badly and required constant correction at
speeds above 60mph. Various roads produced very different results, when windy it was terrible
to keep in the lane.
Back to dealer to ck. steering, found alignment was toed-out, every thing else was okay and all
newest factory fixes had been installed when built.
Steering much much better, running 35psi and very happy with results, we live in the mountains,
it corners/turns in better than my 4 previous Jeeps in all conditions.
Loving this new Jeep.
Encouraging to hear Toe Angle adjustment helped! It seems of all the things discussed through all of the steering issue threads, Toe Angle is the one least talked about which probably has the biggest effect of all the adjustable steering alignment settings. As I mentioned I'm going to have the dealer add a wee bit of toe in if there's anything left within factory parameters. That's tomorrow, I'll report back my findings.

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon M/T 2dr, 2009 Nissan Xterra Off Road M/T with a 2" lift
Vehicle Showcase
Approaching 15k with no problems. Steering seems calibrated well for both on and off road performance. No death wobble, either, and I've hit some good bumps at high speeds, including some while going 85 mph on I-80.

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
6,000 miles no issues, yet

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to put a steering stabilizer on it. 2018 JL Sahara Unlimited. 500 miles. Tends to jump around on highway on overpasses.

Sponsored

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My 2019 wanders and sways more than a palm tree in a hurricane. On the bright side, my upper body strength has increased by having to fight the steering wheel.

1400 miles on it and it's currently at the dealer for the steering issue as well as a few others . I hope they can correct the steering as it's the main issue I have as of now.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Similar to SeanD.... I too experienced wandering up to about 3000 miles. However since then the symptoms have extinguished themselves. My steering seems have “tightened “ up on its own.....if that’s even possible. Settled in....or it likes that particular straight direction, but I NO longer find my Ruby wandering on the highway. I am even keeping the tires at 42 PSI. My first highway trip when it was new;(1,800 miles) when it was new really fatigued me with all the steering wandering....it was constant work mentally and physically to keep her tracking straight and true. My second trip with 5,000 miles on it, recently (same as previous). Was completely different. The jeep tracked straight...there was a lack of wandering....and it wasn’t just me. During the trip I intentionally reduced my grip on the steering to one finger allowing it to “wander”.... but it seemed to simply remain straight n true. I do not understand why this phenomenon has occurred but I am content with it for now at 6,800 miles....my steering is straight n true, no wobble or any other issues. Just tons of Smiles per hour !

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
4800 miles. Steering is awesome.
JLR, sticker generated 7/4/2018. It seems the assembly folks were NOT partying on Fourth of July. :)

AstroDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davescosmos.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would say that my steering wanders. I only have ~2K miles on it. Mine JLUR is an October build by the way. I am fine with how it behaves today and hope nothing changes as I get more miles on it. I come from driving sports cars so the delta in steering behaviour is pretty large, nonetheless it's what I expected and I am not disappointed in the handling thus far.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler jl
2018 JL Sport S. Had steering issueswhen I first bought it but dealer performed technical bulletin and it is perfect now.
Sponsored