• Total voters

Vondy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So jealous of you guys with good steering. Order new and picked up May 11th. Every one we test drove was great, even went back and test drove some again after we got ours. Been in 4 times, lots of parts thrown at it no results. Went aftermarket lowers and another adjustment to get it tolerable. Hoping for Jeep to come out updated parts to fix, specifically a tighter steering box.
Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
That's interesting. I bet it rides nicer also with softer tires at only 30psi?

Did the mileage go down at all when you went from 40 to 30?
Did it in the first few days I owned it, so don’t know.

shane h.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR (mine), '21 Hellayella JLUR (hers)
520 miles on a brand new JLUR. Picked it up with 42psi per tire and it walked a little. Took it down to 32psi per tire after I got it home and steering is perfect.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The AE version of the new JL steering gear box is now out - 68250506AE / 4 door. Previous versions where 68250506AC and 68250506AD. Confirmed with a Jeep dealer's parts department today. The 2 door steering box, which is different than the 4 door steering box, hasn't changed since last year.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Seems like all we see are all the bad eggs when it comes to steering issues on the other threads. It would seem that they are all bad. I think it could be useful to get a glance at how many jeeps out there are working good without complaints.

Maybe check in with an all clear and the mileage??

Added poll to click.. you can select multiple you have multiple issues
You make a good point. If you look at Consumer Reports, ( no one is harder on cars and trucks then they are), they show that under steering and driveline reliability data from thousands of owners such as myself, the rating is MUCH better then average for reliability under that category. Meaning- only 1-2% of respondents complained of steering issues. That is very low. Below that would be above average, then average, then worse then average, then much worse then average. So if you really want to know just how good or bad a component area is, just look at the bubble reliability stats in the back of any of their , CR's automotive books on the newsstands, especially their annual auto issue. CR are basically like the strict parent that wouldn't let you play video games and made you read Hamlet instead because it was educational. Everyone loves to hate CR but when it comes down to it, they are the most difficult of all judges in the automotive field. So there's your answer. Hope this helps.
Sponsored