Check Engine P0EA7

NetBret

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0T
I have a dilemma that I would like to share and see if anyone else has been through this experience. I have an 18 Wrangler JLU Rubicon with the 2.0Turbo that’s currently at the dealer for the second time for a check engine light. The code is P0EA7 and is related to the turbo cooling pump.

The dealer told me 3 weeks ago that the part was on back order and they kept pushing the arrival date and blaming the company that it was purchased from. The part arrived on Dec 2nd, but when the tech went to install it, he indicated that a specialty tool was needed (which they don’t have). The part was then ordered overnight which never happened. This was on “backorder” as well.

After talking with the Service Manager on Monday Dec 9th I wanted an update on why other options weren’t considered. He indicated that the company that stocks the “specialty tool” went to fulfill all back orders they had, but didn’t receive enough of them which will delay my repair until Jan 6th(when the next shipment arrives). He indicated that he contacted other local dealers, and nobody has to tool to even borrow. He was going to reach out to Jeep, Fiat etc. to see if they can offer some assistance with this issue and would call me once they had some information to share.

They did provide me a loaner vehicle (Grand Caravan “woohoo”), but I’m not getting the impression that I’m not getting the full story, and I couldn’t find anything online that indicates that a special tool is needed to change out the cooling pump. The cooling pump part number is 68282197AB. I tried calling a couple of parts companies that sell the pump to see if it was offered, but they couldn’t tell me if a specialty tool was needed.

I’m going to start calling other Jeep dealers in the area to talk to them directly about the code, and if they have the knowledge to have this repaired.

Any information that my fellow Jeepers can share would be greatly appreciated! I miss driving my Jeep.
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
PM Alex at JeepCares on this forum and maybe they can help. They'll probably see your post soon and add a comment.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
PM Alex at JeepCares on this forum and maybe they can help. They'll probably see your post soon and add a comment.
Thank you for mentioning us, Kevin!

Thanks! I'll do that
HI Bret,
We have received your PM and will continue assisting you from there.
Alex
JeepCares

OP
OP

NetBret

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0T
I wanted to reply to this thread since the dealer called me indicating that they received the specialty tool and repaired the Jeep. I went over the next morning to pickup my Jeep and everything appears to be working properly again. The aux coolant pump ended up being the problem.
Sponsored