Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Hello everyone,

My JLR threw it's first check engine today.

It's P0441. Which is the Evap system incorrect purge flow.

Jeep has 4000km

Yesterday I noticed when i started it cold that I was feeling some very faint tremors while it was warming up, gone as soon as i took of.
May not be related of course.

I see some reports saying it "may" be related to the fuel cap, but I never got a message about it.
I did fill up yesterday and at a station I had not been before. I always stop at first click and always turn the cap many clicks when putting the cap back on. (also may not be related).

I can't find much info on JL's with this code.

I erased it, and went for a little ride, didn't come back (yet).

Anyone seen this one?

If it comes back I'll aim for the dealer of course but would rather avoid if it's simple/easy.
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Evap codes can be thrown from a gas tank cap that's not on properly or defective. Make sure that guy is on tight... looks like you've checked that box. If it doesn't clear up, the dealer may need to replace the purge valve. Simple & easy, but that would be covered under warranty.

OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Absolutely....
If it doesnt come back i'll chuck it under not tightening the cap enough yesterday (which I'm sure I did).
And i thought I read that the gas cap threw a different code and possibly a message.

If it comes back, it's going to the dealer.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Absolutely....
If it doesnt come back i'll chuck it under not tightening the cap enough yesterday (which I'm sure I did).
And i thought I read that the gas cap threw a different code and possibly a message.

If it comes back, it's going to the dealer.
If you leave the cap loose or off you will get a specific message and alert that the gas cap is loose/off.

Sponsored

earthgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
I just had the light come on for my 2020 JL. It appears it is a known issue with Jeep. (Star case S2025000002 ?). It could need a wiring repair.

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Took my 2020 JLUS in for this issue the other day. Dealer updated the pcm and tcm software and haven’t had the light come on since. Quick fix.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Well I hate to bring up a dead thread, but this happened to me last night after leaving work. Hannibal started up great but as soon as all the sys checks lights were turning off I notice the Check Engine light on. 4 Mile drive home and popped on the code reader, got P0441. Took a couple of times to erase the code (hmmm). Verified the gas cap was secure (always is) then drove to home depot 8 mile trip, let it sit while I procured some materials for the top hoist im building, started up fine - no codes, drove 9 miles to get some bagels for breakfast, left it running, and another 8 miles back to the crib. No codes while heading into work tonight.

So does anyone know what to look at under the hood as in connections that would/could relate?

Side note: I just had a dealer visit last week and they did the 07 ecu flash for the MT.
*pics added for my future reference*

Jeep Wrangler JL Check Engine P0441 1615965014073

Jeep Wrangler JL Check Engine P0441 1615965042762

OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Mine has not come back yet and it's been a while so it may have been a hiccup.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Mine threw this code once about 15k miles ago, retightened gas cap and checked connections before clearing codes and it never came back. Never got a gas cap light.

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Hello everyone,

My JLR threw it's first check engine today.

It's P0441. Which is the Evap system incorrect purge flow.

Jeep has 4000km

Yesterday I noticed when i started it cold that I was feeling some very faint tremors while it was warming up, gone as soon as i took of.
May not be related of course.

I see some reports saying it "may" be related to the fuel cap, but I never got a message about it.
I did fill up yesterday and at a station I had not been before. I always stop at first click and always turn the cap many clicks when putting the cap back on. (also may not be related).

I can't find much info on JL's with this code.

I erased it, and went for a little ride, didn't come back (yet).

Anyone seen this one?

If it comes back I'll aim for the dealer of course but would rather avoid if it's simple/easy.
Here you go.

Attachments

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Chrysler’s evap system is incredibly sensitive. If it doesn’t come back, don’t worry about it. Cold weather will make them set false codes pretty often.

Starlightbullies

First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Took my 2020 JLUS in for this issue the other day. Dealer updated the pcm and tcm software and haven’t had the light come on since. Quick fix.
Mine just went in for the update on my PCM and now I have the engine light on with the P0441 code.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Mine just went in for the update on my PCM and now I have the engine light on with the P0441 code.
I just got the letter stating I need to do the PCM update, and I was curious if it was causing any issues to others that done. Did you get this resolved?

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Got my letter last week. Not gonna do it. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", especially with these clowns.

G.
Sponsored