Check Engine light - and saga to date

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I will update this post as developments occur.

Definitions:
==========

“MSC”: Mopar Service Centre

“CEL”: Check Engine Light. I have learnt that
Amber colour = good and red colour = bad.
Solid light = good and blinking light = bad. My CEL is amber and solid

“JRA”: Jeep Roadside Assist. They answer the phone almost straight away and a technician arrives in my driveway within half an hour of my call. JRA are very efficient. They plug a computer into my Jeep and determine the error code. Then provide a slip for me to take to the MSC

E15: A fuel used overseas. The manual says we can use E15 even though it is not available in Australia

E10, 95, 98: Fuels used in Australia

July 2019, I take delivery of my Jeep. I love my Jeep!

July 2020, the first scheduled service is done. All is well

28 Jan 2021. CEL! JRA arrives. The error message reads: P018C fuel pressure sensor B current low. MSC says they do not recognize the error, rather, they turn off the CEL and advise me to change from E10 to 95. I think I was fobbed off!

31 Jan 2021. CEL! I start to drive home. Then I stop to call my wife. I park on a steep uphill slope. When I start up and drive away, the CEL is off! Great news!

28 Feb 2021. CEL! I was out with the Jeep club on a steep downhill slope. JRA says the same error code as before!

10 March 2021. I was already booked in for the next scheduled service. The service is completed. MSC does not understand the error code and will investigate so I drive home

17 March 2021. MSC calls me in to fix the issue. They keep my Jeep 2 nights because they have to “investigate the error code” which means there were no investigations over the last week.

19 March 2021. It seems a wire has rubbed through and grounded causing the CEL to come on. They fix my jeep!

20 March 2021. CEL! JRA arrives. The error message reads the same as every time before.

I drive a bit every day and make a point of going up and down steep hills around here without success. The CEL is still on! I make a booking with a different MSC.

6 April 2021. I took it to a different MSC. That afternoon the man called. He said he can see there has been an attempted repair of wiring and it was not done well. He promises to do a good job.

9 April 2021. I picked up my Jeep. I am not a mechanic but I think McCarrolls did good work.

I will keep you all informed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sounds like your on the right path. Find a service center that knows how to call their own tech support line for assistance

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
I will update this post as developments occur.
...Thinking my cel (check engine light) may be similar. Have been driving anyway for about a week. Just realizing that the remote start does not work anymore. Will update here as well, but it usually sits 6 days a week, had to put a trickle charger on it over the winter, was going to wait for next oil change at dealer for advise, that's a 1,000 miles away, and only gets used about 50 miles a week, so we'll see if push comes to shove :) good luck on your adventure.

OP
OP
Joe98

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I updated my saga above.

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
I updated my saga above.
As a side note, seems silly why manufacturers run wires directly thru the firewall without a service connection point, except more for ease of manufacturing and cost, and less of a modular service and repair. Anyway, preoccupied with car insurance - just noticed that the insurance company is incorrectly billing for a right hand drive instead of the U.S. left hand drive. Their new and improved, latest and greatest, computerized billing system cannot decipher correctly the VIN and are working with programmers on finding out why. Meanwhile, no change in CEL, appreciate details about color and flash codes, now am trying to find someone else to agree with me what color it is - but at least it's not blinking or flashing, and it runs normally - it's sort of an enhanced "feature" indicator :) Peradventure :)

Sponsored

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
That was Peter Warren at Warwick Farm
I'm going to McCarrolls at Roseville. Will see how I go.

• Left rear tailight only the perimeter lighting works, no indicator or brake light
  • AEB picks up cars parked on the side of the road and brakes
  • Front right indicator and DRL stop working intermittently
  • 3 of the channels in the amp are faulty
  • On acceleration it has a stumble, like you've taken your foot off the accelerator. Only happens on light to moderate acceleration around 2,000rpm but actually loses revs when it happens.
  • Leaks at the top back corner of each front door when it rains. It's not the freedom panels it's actually between the door seal and that black rubber section.
  • Pulls left so that I have to steer right when going in a straight line

I spoke to them 18 March and the soonest they could get it in was 20 April. They want it for a few days at least they've said. Luckily I have a spare car at home.

OP
OP
Joe98

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is currently at McCarrolls Roseville. Hoping to pick it up tomorrow or Friday at the worst. I called on Tues 23rd March and booked it in for Tues April the 6th.

That's quite a list, good luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joe98

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked it up today. I am not a mechanic but I think McCarrolls did good work. I noticed a Gladiator there. It is probably too soon for its first scheduled service.
Sponsored