Sponsored

Cheap wheel and tire set that is actually REALLY GOOD.

TO TplssFn

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 2019 Mazda CX-9; 2006 BMW 330CI M-Sport Convertible Manual; V-Star 950
Hi, so, this is my first post - ever, and I'm completely new to the Jeep world. My wife and I just got ourselves a 'punk'n' JLSU. We won't ever take it off road and will use it mainly as a daily driver. Having said that, I just didn't like the stock setup so we purchased an incredibly cheap set that not only looks pretty nice but you can drive it all year round. They are just as quiet as the stock tires and if you live in a place that sees snow, those tires are AMAZING! Even the thread looks aggressive enough (ok, not for you hardcore Jeepers but for the average Joe, they look pretty sweet). I purchased a set of (4) Pro Comps 7069 17x9 for $560 CDN (or about $425 US), taxes in. The tires came to just over $1,000 CDN (about $760 US); Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S 285/70-17. I was concerned, wondering if they look 'beefy' enough and have to say, they make the Jeep look so much better. While I understand this is NOT the setup for someone who is into off-roading, this is a nice upgrade from your stock setup without breaking the bank or affecting how it drives. No lift just in case some of you are wondering.

...Hm, I was going to post some pics but apparently, they have to be on a website? Is there any other way to upload pics (go easy on me. I'm new to this!! ; )

BTW: I am not sponsored by anybody and only share my personal opinions.

Pic01.jpg

Pic04.jpg

Pic03.jpg

Pic02.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Sounds like you got some good deals, and made some sensible choices. Enjoy!

bturleysc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
...Hm, I was going to post some pics but apparently, they have to be on a website? Is there any other way to upload pics (go easy on me. I'm new to this!! ; )
You can use the "Upload a File" button to attach your pictures.

OP
OP
TO TplssFn

TO TplssFn

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 2019 Mazda CX-9; 2006 BMW 330CI M-Sport Convertible Manual; V-Star 950

Sponsored

OP
OP
TO TplssFn

TO TplssFn

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good! I went a similar route for about the same cost. Pro Comp wheels and Falken Wildpeak 33's. I love the setup.
Yup. We needed a tire that performs well when the snow starts falling. Good to know there are options out there, giving you a custom look for just over $1k! Don't have to spend $3k+.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. We needed a tire that performs well when the snow starts falling. Good to know there are options out there, giving you a custom look for just over $1k! Don't have to spend $3k+.
I looked at changing to Coopers. Did you get the SL or the E variety? I am moving up to 315/70/17 and only come in E and actually they are not 4s's, it is a different AT3. Worried will be too stiff. Wildpeaks also on my radar Big question for me; how are they in rain? MY KO2's slip and slide like crazy in the rain. Nice color btw!

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good! I went a similar route for about the same cost. Pro Comp wheels and Falken Wildpeak 33's. I love the setup.
How are those Falkens in the rain? My KO2's are super slippery. I am looking for a better wet weather tire.

OP
OP
TO TplssFn

TO TplssFn

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked at changing to Coopers. Did you get the SL or the E variety? I am moving up to 315/70/17 and only come in E and actually they are not 4s's, it is a different AT3. Worried will be too stiff. Wildpeaks also on my radar Big question for me; how are they in rain? MY KO2's slip and slide like crazy in the rain. Nice color btw!
Hi Mark, thanks! I wish I could help you but the Coopers I got are the AT3 4S which I think is quite different from the ones you mentioned (different type rubber, different thread pattern, etc) so I don't think I can comment on 'Cooper' in general. I bought the 4S because they perform exceptionally well on wet and snow covered road (haven't been able to test them in snow but they are far better than the stock tires in the rain!). The AT3 4S' I think only go up to 285s (in the 17 inch size) though so those wouldn't work for you if you are looking at 315s.

bturleysc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
How are those Falkens in the rain? My KO2's are super slippery. I am looking for a better wet weather tire.
I've been very happy with them, especially in the rain. I drove a few people home when the last hurricane came through and they performed great.

Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Hi, so, this is my first post - ever, and I'm completely new to the Jeep world. My wife and I just got ourselves a 'punk'n' JLSU. We won't ever take it off road and will use it mainly as a daily driver. Having said that, I just didn't like the stock setup so we purchased an incredibly cheap set that not only looks pretty nice but you can drive it all year round. They are just as quiet as the stock tires and if you live in a place that sees snow, those tires are AMAZING! Even the thread looks aggressive enough (ok, not for you hardcore Jeepers but for the average Joe, they look pretty sweet). I purchased a set of (4) Pro Comps 7069 17x9 for $560 CDN (or about $425 US), taxes in. The tires came to just over $1,000 CDN (about $760 US); Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S 285/70-17. I was concerned, wondering if they look 'beefy' enough and have to say, they make the Jeep look so much better. While I understand this is NOT the setup for someone who is into off-roading, this is a nice upgrade from your stock setup without breaking the bank or affecting how it drives. No lift just in case some of you are wondering.

BTW: I am not sponsored by anybody and only share my personal opinions.

Pic01.jpg

Pic04.jpg

Pic03.jpg

Pic02.jpg
looks great! I’m actually looking at these as well as some similar from Quadratec as well as American Racing and other 8 hole. Thanks for sharing!

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
ditto! I like the KO2’s but wet/icy driving was downright scary on the highway.

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Looks good, but if you only got 4, what are you using as a spare?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws are by far the best all around ATs you can get, also 3-peak-mountain-snowflake rated for severe weather (which is a rarity these days) and they are also best bang for your bucks too.
Unfortunately, because they are so good demand has went WAY up these-days and they are getting expensive by the days. Mine already went up by $100 per tire during the few month I've got them.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
TO TplssFn

TO TplssFn

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good, but if you only got 4, what are you using as a spare?
I'll use a wheel cover (wife hasn't picked one yet). Just didn't see the need to spend another $400 (CDN) for a wheel that I most likely never use and in the event I do need to, the stock wheel's diameter is less than Âľ" smaller so I'll just drive lopsided for a few kilometres.
Sponsored