Sponsored

Cheap spacer lift with performance shocks?

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Wondering if it is possible to get a spacer lift (let's say 2.5 RC lift) and throw some fox or king shocks on there? Do I have to worry about valving (really no clue what I am saying) I don't know a lot about suspension lifts, though I do know they can get quite expensive. I have a 2020 JLU Willys. I am interested in putting 35's on there without them rubbing when I take them offroad. Not planning on crawling or anything like that. The jeep is my daily driver. Can anyone recommend a lift kit around $1000 range?

TLDR
JLU Willys - I want 35s; what are my options in terms of suspension lifts in the $1000 range - Jeep is my DD/Weekend warrior. I prefer a slightly softer ride on road
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5 Blazer, Jeep
You can get a spacer lift and should work well for what you want to do. Most come with hardware that will allow you to use your stock shocks, so you can decide on upgrading shocks later.

OP
OP
migyb

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
You can get a spacer lift and should work well for what you want to do. Most come with hardware that will allow you to use your stock shocks, so you can decide on upgrading shocks later.
If I go to 37s

would I need to regear? I believe my gear ratio is 3:73

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
If I go to 37s

would I need to regear? I believe my gear ratio is 3:73

You're current gearing is 3.45. You will definitely want to consider re-gearing if you run a 37" tire.

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Does your Willys have the Sport or Rubicon suspension? If Sport, if suggest Rubi takeoffs and the RC spacer kit. It will fall way below your stated budget, leaving the balance to go towards other Jeep goodies and give you a decent amount of enhanced capability on the trails.

Sponsored

maaark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
A suspension lift is definitely the way to go if you want to improve the handling, capability and performance of your jeeps suspension. If you aren't in a big rush to get a lift then hold off and save some more money to get a b*tchin lift. I don't think you'll regret it.

If you cannot wait any longer then consider going with Rubicon takeoffs, which I'm sure you can get very cheap because loads of rubi owners get new suspension lifts.

Good luck!

mmajer4211

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Wondering if it is possible to get a spacer lift (let's say 2.5 RC lift) and throw some fox or king shocks on there? Do I have to worry about valving (really no clue what I am saying) I don't know a lot about suspension lifts, though I do know they can get quite expensive. I have a 2020 JLU Willys. I am interested in putting 35's on there without them rubbing when I take them offroad. Not planning on crawling or anything like that. The jeep is my daily driver. Can anyone recommend a lift kit around $1000 range?

TLDR
JLU Willys - I want 35s; what are my options in terms of suspension lifts in the $1000 range - Jeep is my DD/Weekend warrior. I prefer a slightly softer ride on road

I just did the exact thing you are trying to accomplish last week. My Jeep is my daily driver but I do the occasional off-roading and also wanted a more aggressive look while running 35’s. Take a look at the link below at the kit I just put on. it allowed me to use my existing shocks and came with all of the necessary hardware for the lift. The only other thing I purchased with it were the TeraFlex wheel spacers which were necessary. I cannot stress how much I love how it turned out. The one thing I may purchase now though after driving it for a week would be a steering stabilizer. The ride isn’t bad at all but just feels a little more loose and I want to tighten it up. If you have any more questions or want pictures of my setup I’m more than happy to help. Here is the link For the lift along with the link for the spacers: (I do not work for TeraFlex, just happy with their product)

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jlu-4-door-sport-sahara-2-5-performance-spacer-lift-kit?sku=1365205

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jl-jt-1-75-wheel-offset-adapter-kit-5x5-to-5x5-pair?vehicle=JT

OP
OP
migyb

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
A suspension lift is definitely the way to go if you want to improve the handling, capability and performance of your jeeps suspension. If you aren't in a big rush to get a lift then hold off and save some more money to get a b*tchin lift. I don't think you'll regret it.

If you cannot wait any longer then consider going with Rubicon takeoffs, which I'm sure you can get very cheap because loads of rubi owners get new suspension lifts.

Good luck!
the thing is, my sport already came with rubi suspension! Maybe I will just hold off..

OP
OP
migyb

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I just did the exact thing you are trying to accomplish last week. My Jeep is my daily driver but I do the occasional off-roading and also wanted a more aggressive look while running 35’s. Take a look at the link below at the kit I just put on. it allowed me to use my existing shocks and came with all of the necessary hardware for the lift. The only other thing I purchased with it were the TeraFlex wheel spacers which were necessary. I cannot stress how much I love how it turned out. The one thing I may purchase now though after driving it for a week would be a steering stabilizer. The ride isn’t bad at all but just feels a little more loose and I want to tighten it up. If you have any more questions or want pictures of my setup I’m more than happy to help. Here is the link For the lift along with the link for the spacers: (I do not work for TeraFlex, just happy with their product)

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jlu-4-door-sport-sahara-2-5-performance-spacer-lift-kit?sku=1365205

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jl-jt-1-75-wheel-offset-adapter-kit-5x5-to-5x5-pair?vehicle=JT
Will look into this. Thanks brother!

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR

Sponsored

OP
OP
migyb

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
I have a 2019 Rubicon with a 2-inch spacer kit and Rough Country Vertex shocks. The lowest clicker setting is a tad softer on jarring bumps than the factory Rubicon shocks were, but is dramatically more controlled on rebound. I think these shocks are great; one of the best improvements I made to the Jeep.
Sponsored