Sponsored

Cheap light bars available/suggestion?

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I want to get a 52-inch light bar mounted on top of my Jeep's windshield, but don't really want to spend thousands (why are they so expensive btw?).

I know the qualities are going to be different, but still, for the price, does anyone have experienced with some cheap light bars (for example, those on Amazon) that work properly and hold during rains, etc?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
Sponsored

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
I’ve got eyourlife light bars off amazon on my truck and side x side. Had the first one on my truck for almost 2 years and it got a little moisture in it but stayed functional. I’ve had the second one for about that long and it’s perfect. Haven’t had any issues with moisture on the one on my rhino. Here’s a curved 52” for <$100 https://www.amazon.com/Eyourlife-Cu...579290182&sprefix=Eyeyou,aps,169&sr=8-2-fkmr0

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Also keep in mind if you haven’t ran a light bar above the windshield before, while they look cool they can be noisy.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Yes, knock offs suck. Less light, less quality on well....everything, but for me it will be more about proof of concept. There are SUPER cheap ones on Amazon. I want to pick one up. Do the install to see if I like the location, looks on the jeep, wind noise etc. If it turns out I like everything, then I'll end up buying a Rigid or Baja.

This thing is only $65. It doesn't even have to work to meet my needs. But hey, I might end up liking it though. It's better to play with $65 than $1200.

upload_2020-1-17_12-58-18.png

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Light bars above the window are LOUD. There will be a great deal of wind noise, whistling, and often times a screeching harmonic noise.

Additionally, they catch the wind causing your jeep to get blown around your lane on the highway.

I'd think twice as they are very annoying.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Carlton, I could not agree more. However, in my application it is to fill in a gap under a roof rack that hold a Columbus RTT.

I already get blown around and have noise. I’m hoping this semi blocks a wind path.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Carlton, I could not agree more. However, in my application it is to fill in a gap under a roof rack that hold a Columbus RTT.

I already get blown around and have noise. I’m hoping this semi blocks a wind path.
As long as you are aware of the noise. I would go with one of the Chinese brands. Yita Motor if available (they actually back up their products).

I've installed quite a few of the chinese ones and they work fine. More difficult to install than name brand because they aren't plug and play. You have to wire and solder them etc.

OP
OP
dlzzk

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’ve got eyourlife light bars off amazon on my truck and side x side. Had the first one on my truck for almost 2 years and it got a little moisture in it but stayed functional. I’ve had the second one for about that long and it’s perfect. Haven’t had any issues with moisture on the one on my rhino. Here’s a curved 52” for <$100 https://www.amazon.com/Eyourlife-Curved-Lights-17280LM-Trucks/dp/B00SW8TJ8Q/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?crid=LROI1AGB82AU&keywords=eyeyourlife+led+light+bar&qid=1579290182&sprefix=Eyeyou,aps,169&sr=8-2-fkmr0
Thanks for sharing the link. I am hesitating putting it on top now as I saw more people warning about potential noise, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dlzzk

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes, knock offs suck. Less light, less quality on well....everything, but for me it will be more about proof of concept. There are SUPER cheap ones on Amazon. I want to pick one up. Do the install to see if I like the location, looks on the jeep, wind noise etc. If it turns out I like everything, then I'll end up buying a Rigid or Baja.

This thing is only $65. It doesn't even have to work to meet my needs. But hey, I might end up liking it though. It's better to play with $65 than $1200.

upload_2020-1-17_12-58-18.png
Exactly, knock offs are not gonna be comparable to Rigid or Baja, but making a $1000+ purchase decision without knowing if I am going to enjoy it is tough. I did not worry enough about wind noise, where did you put your bar on? other than on the top.

OP
OP
dlzzk

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
As long as you are aware of the noise. I would go with one of the Chinese brands. Yita Motor if available (they actually back up their products).

I've installed quite a few of the chinese ones and they work fine. More difficult to install than name brand because they aren't plug and play. You have to wire and solder them etc.
I was aware of the wind noise, but probably not enough. Now I am seriously hesitating putting it on the top, although I am not sure where to put it otherwise, probably going with smaller ones. Thanks for the brand recommendation!

OP
OP
dlzzk

dlzzk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The brand Harbor Freight carries are supposed to be good, probably around $100
Thanks! I never thought of Harbor Freight before, only went there once to pick up a rivet gun.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
The brand Harbor Freight carries are supposed to be good, probably around $100
Yeah, their Roadshock series has some pretty good reviews on Youtube. I saw one where they completely submerged the light under water for hours and it still worked.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i do not run a light bar due to noise. instead im running two 6.5" amber NiLites off amazon for 29 bucks. that work better than the jeep sport headlights. plus if someone jacks them off my bumper i would have to loose my ish cause it wasnt a 1200 dollar light bar

IMG_6708.JPG
Sponsored