RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
;)So I'm at the nearby off road enthusiast's store (yeah, right, as if, in suburban Westchester Co., NY...I wish!)

I've been shopping all day and am starting to get hungry. I strike up a conversation with some others in the store and we head next door to the Chinese food place for a bite.

My fortune cookie reads: "Better to put one's foot on a peg than in one's mouth."

The restaurant has these "Wrangler adapted" messages in their cookies: pretty cool huh?

footpeg.jpg

Instruction to make it reside here:

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/homemade-jeep-pegs-step-by-step-guide-176375.html

:)
Sponsored

jkelaghan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK / 2019 JL Rubicon (both 2 door)
Did you leave the rock sliders on or take them off?

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I need your Macgyver ideas. I want to protect the driver's side rear glass window of the hard top, from the inside from getting scratched up while putting stuff between the roll bar and the window. Don't want to scratch or gouge the glass. Any ideas? The passenger side will always be open for safety reasons to check the blind spot, but can't see out of the driver's rear side rear window anyway. Below is a picture of the rear window that I found. Yes, it is the passengers side, but it looks exactly like the driver's side. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 11.58.59 AM.png

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon M/T 2dr, 2009 Nissan Xterra Off Road M/T with a 2" lift
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this is only a 2-door issue and/or with specific seat positions, but when I drive with my windows rolled down all the way, my seatbelt flaps incessantly. After figuring out where the noise emanated from, I stuck a large piece of sticker felt on the B pillar wall, and the noise completely went away (and the seat hides it from view).

0223191104~2.jpg

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this is only a 2-door issue and/or with specific seat positions, but when I drive with my windows rolled down all the way, my seatbelt flaps incessantly. After figuring out where the noise emanated from, I stuck a large piece of sticker felt on the B pillar wall, and the noise completely went away (and the seat hides it from view).

0223191104~2.jpg
My JKU does this also depending on what combination of windows and tops are open.

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
DIY Overhead Molle Center Console.

Parts List

1ea 36" Peak Aluminum Railing, black, 50391 $6.97 Home Depot

Directions

1. Cut the 36" rail down to 27 7/8". Taping up the area you are about to cut with painter's tape will help prevent scratches from your cutting device. Be sure to remove sharp edges from the cut end.
2. Tape up the ends of the railing with black duck tape, just enough to dull the sharp ends to prevent cutting or gouging during installation. You can't see the tape once it is installed.
3. Install your Molle pouches on the rail. Might need to use some velcro straps wrapped around the rail depending on the thickness of your Molle connections.
4. Remove driver's side freedom panel. Drop in the railing by inserting at an angle.
5. Re-install the driver's side freedom panel. Manipulate the railing so that there isn't any binding that could cause unnecessary pressure on the latches.
6. I took an extra piece of velcro and rolled it up soft side out and wedged in to snug the new rail so it doesn't make noise. It is secure and won't fall, but this is step is just to prevent noise.

Could probably buy a few more rails and attach to the original rail for more places for additional Molle pouches.

Took a total of about 10 minutes.

rail.jpg

measure1.png

measure.png

c1.png

c2.png

c3.png

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
DIY Overhead Molle Center Console.

Parts List

1ea 36" Peak Aluminum Railing, black, 50391 $6.97 Home Depot

Directions

1. Cut the 36" rail down to 27 7/8". Taping up the area you are about to cut with painter's tape will help prevent scratches from your cutting device. Be sure to remove sharp edges from the cut end.
2. Tape up the ends of the railing with black duck tape, just enough to dull the sharp ends to prevent cutting or gouging during installation. You can't see the tape once it is installed.
3. Install your Molle pouches on the rail. Might need to use some velcro straps wrapped around the rail depending on the thickness of your Molle connections.
4. Remove driver's side freedom panel. Drop in the railing by inserting at an angle.
5. Be aware that the center airbag near the rear view mirror is nearby, so leave the first 1/3 or so free to allow room. Don't put anything in the path of airbags.
6. Re-install the driver's side freedom panel. Manipulate the railing so that there isn't any binding that could cause unnecessary pressure on the latches.
7. I took an extra piece of velcro and rolled it up soft side out and wedged in to snug the new rail so it doesn't make noise. It is secure and won't fall, but this is step is just to prevent noise.

Could probably buy a few more rails and attach to the original rail for more places for additional Molle pouches.

Took a total of about 10 minutes.

rail.jpg

measure1.png

measure.png

c1.png

c2.png

c3.png
Trying to see the detail in the picture but all the black hides some. Let me ask some questions:
Is it attached at the back on the sound bar or held by friction?
If you take the freedom panels out will you need to remove the bar?
Will it work with a sunshade or will they conflict?
How did you use velcro to keep it tightly attached to the bar? Seems molle bag attachment points wouldn't work.
What is a center airbag?

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Trying to see the detail in the picture but all the black hides some. Let me ask some questions:
Is it attached at the back on the sound bar or held by friction?
If you take the freedom panels out will you need to remove the bar?
Will it work with a sunshade or will they conflict?
How did you use velcro to keep it tightly attached to the bar? Seems molle bag attachment points wouldn't work.
What is a center airbag?
Is it attached at the back on the sound bar or held by friction? A: Friction. The back latch snugs it just right, not too tight. But I did take an extra piece of velcro around the front part so it wouldn't slide around.

If you take the freedom panels out will you need to remove the bar? A: Yes. I'm not a fan of drilling into certain parts of the Jeep, but someone could probably insert a flat piece of metal, attach it, drill and put a screw in it to hold it. I've drilled into the tailgate and other areas, but I'm skittish about drilling into that particular area.

Will it work with a sunshade or will they conflict? A: Not sure. I don't have a sunshade. Probably won't work with it, but I'm guessing.

How did you use velcro to keep it tightly attached to the bar? A: I used the straps with snaps part of the Molle pouch and wrapped around the bar. The gap between the freedom panels is slightly bigger than the railing. Some of my Molle pouches fit as is and was squeezed perfectly between the freedom panels and the railing, helping make it snug. Other pouches were slightly too loose, so I took an extra piece of velcro strips and wrapped it around the railing and weaved it into the Molle pouch. Could use a black cable tie instead of velcro straps.

What is a center airbag? A: The airbag panel right above the rear view mirror. It says passenger airbag, but so do other airbags in the Jeep. It probably angles more down than straight when deployed, but still, be aware of blocking any airbag.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is it attached at the back on the sound bar or held by friction? A: Friction. The back latch snugs it just right, not too tight. But I did take an extra piece of velcro around the front part so it wouldn't slide around.

If you take the freedom panels out will you need to remove the bar? A: Yes. I'm not a fan of drilling into certain parts of the Jeep, but someone could probably insert a flat piece of metal, attach it, drill and put a screw in it to hold it. I've drilled into the tailgate and other areas, but I'm skittish about drilling into that particular area.

Will it work with a sunshade or will they conflict? A: Not sure. I don't have a sunshade. Probably won't work with it, but I'm guessing.

How did you use velcro to keep it tightly attached to the bar? A: I used the straps with snaps part of the Molle pouch and wrapped around the bar. The gap between the freedom panels is slightly bigger than the railing. Some of my Molle pouches fit as is and was squeezed perfectly between the freedom panels and the railing, helping make it snug. Other pouches were slightly too loose, so I took an extra piece of velcro strips and wrapped it around the railing and weaved it into the Molle pouch. Could use a black cable tie instead of velcro straps.

What is a center airbag? A: The airbag panel right above the rear view mirror. It says passenger airbag, but so do other airbags in the Jeep. It probably angles more down than straight when deployed, but still, be aware of blocking any airbag.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for the reply. I have a sunshade but haven't installed it yet, waiting until I get my soft top in spring, if it ever gets above zero here. But based on the one in my JK it looks like there may be a conflict. I'll see in April.
You mean the passenger air bag light. I thought maybe 4 doors got an extra airbag over us little 2 door models.
Sponsored