Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Let's talk Roto/FuelPax today.

Such a discussion should probably include what I don't like in the way of on-rig fuel storage systems.

frontsidecan.jpg

As it regards the above....get "T-boned" in an accident with another relatively high riding rig and all the energy from that hit will get quickly transferred--given the immutable laws of physics--into the potential for heat and sparks (in addition to noise and metal bending).

And what better place to have a fireball than right by the very door the driver (or front passenger) might need for egress in such circumstances.

;)But don't worry. That door's probably not openable in such circumstances, and what could have been a very survivable accident may end up being an inferno.

====

IMHO I think fuel best belongs alongside the driver's side rear, or high up in the back, not the passenger's side rear, as that creates visibility issues.

Carrying gas brings on enough additional risk for it not also to be something that reduces visibility and increases the chance for an accident.

e.g. https://jeep.rebeloffroad.com/product-p/ror-jk-bok-v2-4dr-basic.htm

rebel2.jpg

^^ the above design, IMHO is great, but belongs on the driver's side of the rig. And carrying stacks of gas, if it interferes with side mirror visibility, needs to find that gas secured on a rack on top of the rig.

https://rotopax.com/
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Today's contribution is for the ladies of the bboard.

I think this was someone's response to the well known adage among Jeepers of "Jeep Hair, Don't Care."

Ladies, as some of you in this list who I've gotten to know will tell the others, and as the father (no daddy) to girls, I have zero tolerance on the bboard when you're not treated as the equals you are, so please take this post in the spirit of satire. Nothing makes me happier to know than you're fine to just put on a baseball cap, take the top down, and not think you have to put your makeup on for anyone, except yourself when/if you choose to.

(Guys: studies show that women who do get dressed up often do so far more for social acceptance among their gender, not us--although the latter has a time and place too when we're lucky. Sorry.)

@LydiaSP613 , @walkerkm , @GreyFox , @TaiMc , @MALL R8D , @bayou girl

I know I've missed some---sorry.

:):)

jeephairdocare.jpg
LOLLLLLLLLLL!

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Here's a nifty hack.

Zip ties for zip ties...almost sounds like a charity.;)

Take 2 zip ties and wrap them around something to hold a bunch of zip ties. As the supply of zip ties are used, just cinch down the two holding zip ties:

ZipTies4ZipTies.jpg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Dang, that's actually pretty good. I may have to do that one.

Sponsored

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
If cheap is the criteria, how about free. This might be dumb....
20181122_110904.jpg
In the "might be dumb" camp, that would apply to me. This is so dumb I had to share it. I was looking at photos only and at first I thought, where is that circuit board located? Hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves .....

Now back to the OP, here's a cheap GPS mount I made. Just take GoPro mounts and stick one to the back of a Nuvi and the other to the overhead. Power comes from the Homelink garage wiring over the left roof support.
tK3g6_3305ZJnSrFLnxZfnJKrZr_31lCp7KSIDqHZDCDgjfN9_psCNpbTlOuNaN6_LA86qoaEN13kWmVIo=w1130-h847-no.jpg

0HAxTVs-zf-Huq9i2bbggPwDnO6b2_wSeH9jcRGGFATjaE8aVXQYp58jyRi5uLxspaHZdzBnsUqEVKKy95=w1130-h847-no.jpg

p.s. The second GoPro mount is for, well, a GoPro. :)

Last edited:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
In the "might be dumb" camp, that would apply to me. This is so dumb I had to share it. I was looking at photos only and at first I thought, where is that circuit board located? Hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves .....

Now back to the OP, here's a cheap GPS mount I made. Just take GoPro mounts and stick one to the back of a Nuvi and the other to the overhead. Power comes from the Homelink garage wiring over the left roof support.
tK3g6_3305ZJnSrFLnxZfnJKrZr_31lCp7KSIDqHZDCDgjfN9_psCNpbTlOuNaN6_LA86qoaEN13kWmVIo=w1130-h847-no.jpg

0HAxTVs-zf-Huq9i2bbggPwDnO6b2_wSeH9jcRGGFATjaE8aVXQYp58jyRi5uLxspaHZdzBnsUqEVKKy95=w1130-h847-no.jpg

p.s. The second GoPro mount is for, well, a GoPro. :)
I like your tagline Tim. It's the battle cry of any DIYer.

Nothing goes smoothly the first time from concept to implementation. Hence my tagline: "all builds are discovery builds."

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

jeepin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
No pics, but for those with a hardtop; disconnect the rear wiper hose and insert it about a quarter of an inch out the top of the rear window and close... Free anti-tailgaiting device lol. Disclaimer: For fictional or offroad purposes only; do not attempt b/c people are crazy.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha. I like the associated disclaimer. You sound like a legit business.

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I think it would look better if the mesh were black

Good point. Allow me to suggest, short of the expense of power coating, that headliner paint may do the trick here.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Nice picture Tai @TaiMc !

I haven't seen you around the board recently. I hope all is good. :)
HI Russ! ALL is well...work is a bit crazy and "Vert" keeping me busy. I've been modding her quite a bit, but I think I'm almost done with her. Hopefully will be in a position to start modding Lil' Hulk a bit more; he needs attention too, as I've been told by some lol. Miss ya! *hugs*

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
HI Russ! ALL is well...work is a bit crazy and "Vert" keeping me busy. I've been modding her quite a bit, but I think I'm almost done with her. Hopefully will be in a position to start modding Lil' Hulk a bit more; he needs attention too, as I've been told by some lol. Miss ya! *hugs*
I thought about you when this thread started given your and Michelle's @MALL R8D's artistic abilities.:)
Sponsored