blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Fuel Door Bug Scraper and Ice Scraper..

I posted earlier in this thread about the Etsy offering advertised as a Fuel Door Ice Scraper...

Yes, it is a very cool Ice Scrapper with a custom holder for the JL .... but guess what....
it makes an excellent BUG Scraper, too.. So, now I have a goodie that is useful year around regardless what geographical location I am in....

Yup, when you get Love Bugs/ Bugs on your windshield.... Pull over, Spray the Windshield with Spray Way Foam Window Cleaner, let it sit/ let it soak for a minute.... and then scrap a way with your terrific SkĂłda scraper that you had stashed behind the fuel door.

For me no more using a single edge razor blade in the middle of the day/night to scrap off those frigging Love Bugs/Bugs..

For the record, no I am not Polish... and am not related to the fellow that is offering this goodie...

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Fuel Door Ice Scraper / Ships from KrakĂłw Poland
Retails for just under $20 which includes shipping to the USA

Features the very highly regarded Ĺ koda Ice Scraper / Scraper also has a tire depth gauge...

My install:
tyghu8.jpg

hgjbk.jpg
rty56.jpg

00013j.jpg
000445.jpg
00022.jpg

Fits 2018+ Jeep Wrangler 2-door (JL) and 4-door (JLU)
Will not fit:
• Diesel Wranglers with AdBlue blue cap
• 4xe hybrid Wranglers
• Wranglers with LPG/CGN cap next to fuel cap

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1126016685/fuel-door-ice-scraper-for-jeep-wrangler
Interesting idea! Just had to purchase one
Sponsored

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002
License plate mounts. Threaded inserts screwed into the plastic style bumpers. Clean and effective. About $18.00 for the inserts and 20 minutes of your time.

IMG_4187.JPG

IMG_4188.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4193.JPG
How are you keep the inserts "locked" into the bumper?

Northernlites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
How are you keep the inserts "locked" into the bumper?
I epoxied the threads before screwing them in. Just don't drill the hole to big so the threads have a good bite. It took a little effort to screw them in without the epoxy.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
nice; i hate the way the stock 'solution' is to screw self-tapping screws into the plastic.

could you please share where you sourced these?

License plate mounts. Threaded inserts screwed into the plastic style bumpers. Clean and effective. About $18.00 for the inserts and 20 minutes of your time.

IMG_4187.JPG

IMG_4188.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4193.JPG

Northernlites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
nice; i hate the way the stock 'solution' is to screw self-tapping screws into the plastic.

could you please share where you sourced these?
I bought them at a Menards. I believe many other home improvement stores (Lowes, Home Depot) and woodworking stores carry them too. I agree the lag screws holding plates on are pretty tacky for 50K+ Jeeps.

Sponsored

SWISTAK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Wrangler, 2006 Wrangler (deceased), 2023 Wran
I epoxied the threads before screwing them in. Just don't drill the hole to big so the threads have a good bite. It took a little effort to screw them in without the epoxy.
What kind of epoxy did you use?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Fuel Door Bug Scraper and Ice Scraper..

I posted earlier in this thread about the Etsy offering advertised as a Fuel Door Ice Scraper...

Yes, it is a very cool Ice Scrapper with a custom holder for the JL .... but guess what....
it makes an excellent BUG Scraper, too.. So, now I have a goodie that is useful year around regardless what geographical location I am in....

Yup, when you get Love Bugs/ Bugs on your windshield.... Pull over, Spray the Windshield with Spray Way Foam Window Cleaner, let it sit/ let it soak for a minute.... and then scrap a way with your terrific SkĂłda scraper that you had stashed behind the fuel door.

For me no more using a single edge razor blade in the middle of the day/night to scrap off those frigging Love Bugs/Bugs..

For the record, no I am not Polish... and am not related to the fellow that is offering this goodie...

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Fuel Door Ice Scraper / Ships from KrakĂłw Poland
Retails for just under $20 which includes shipping to the USA

Features the very highly regarded Ĺ koda Ice Scraper / Scraper also has a tire depth gauge...

My install:
tyghu8.jpg

hgjbk.jpg
rty56.jpg

00013j.jpg
000445.jpg
00022.jpg

Fits 2018+ Jeep Wrangler 2-door (JL) and 4-door (JLU)
Will not fit:
• Diesel Wranglers with AdBlue blue cap
• 4xe hybrid Wranglers
• Wranglers with LPG/CGN cap next to fuel cap

Bump to a terrific thread. It is well worth the time to read through this whole thread..

Also, the price for the Ĺ koda Ice Scraper with Custom JL Scraper Holder has dropped to $16.77. Unbelievable low price on this terrific offering..

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! rftyiui
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! ghjkl

Eznk

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - 1948 Willys Delivery
OMG! OMG! So I just heard about this fabulous ICE SCRAPER! It is AMAZING! It's hard to explain. It involves some plastic stuff, a fuel door if you have one, something about Europe...well, it's complicated, like I said. I suspect it will take the majority of this thread for everyone to understand.

You convinced me so I yielded to the peer pressure.... ;)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well for the 4xe owners, I hate plugging in when it’s dark out, so I bought a cheap button lamp on amazon and stuck it to the inside of the charger port door. Flick it on when you need it and off when you’re done.

84AE23D0-4099-4E2A-84AC-DBA235A16108.jpeg
8F224B98-0032-4F50-AFBA-D4516881D1F8.jpeg

Not bad for $4.99!
I purchased these after reading this post. Real nice they are and especially for the price.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Guess I’m old fashion. I have an ice scraper that has a metal blade. It’s at least 15 years old.
Mine only 7 years old. Brass edge. Just don't use it on your side view mirrors.

Jturn112

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
Semi-retired.
Yes, I have a metal blade scraper also.... mine is probably 15+ years old too..

Having the small plastic scraper in a very handy exterior holder though, is a real plus for use in Love Bug season and for those mornings when you just have a bit of ice to get off the windshield before you get in the vehicle..

I really don't understand the tiny scraper for ice. I have a large one that lives under my backseat in the winter. Is this a just in case for people who forget theirs? maybe I'm just impatient but seems very small for ice and snow...

Northernlites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
I really don't understand the tiny scraper for ice. I have a large one that lives under my backseat in the winter. Is this a just in case for people who forget theirs? maybe I'm just impatient but seems very small for ice and snow...
I see it more as novelty item. One of those "cute" Jeep add ons as my wife put it. Plenty of room in the Jeep for a regular ice scraper.

Jturn112

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
Semi-retired.
I see it more as novelty item. One of those "cute" Jeep add ons as my wife put it. Plenty of room in the Jeep for a regular ice scraper.
gotya, thats what i thought... i see way too much ice to deal with a tiny scraper... snow brushes off but i got no time for ice, i bought one of those magnetic covers for the windshield but a lite breeze blows it off...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually it is more then a "novelty".

Indeed it is not the full size regular scrapper that I also have and carry... I need a full size scraper as one of my residences is in Upstate NY..

....but the small Ĺ koda scraper is a real nice tool to use for light frost/ice on the windshield.... also it works really well to scrap off Florida "Love Bugs".

Sometimes/very often, it is overkill to pull out a large scraper to scrape off some light ice/slush accumulation... and for Love bugs you aren't going to whip out your full size scraper.

Don't let the size of the Ĺ koda scraper fool you.. It does the intended job. There is a reason why the
Ĺ koda scraper is found on high end vehicles in Europe.

And yes, the Ĺ koda scraper is a friggin "cute" add on as your Wife says...

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! tyghu8
Sponsored