Sponsored

Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Since the Pedal Commander is Bluetooth enabled, I keep my PC display hidden directly behind/attached with Velcro, to the center black plastic under the steering column. I change modes with the Pedal Commander app on my smartphone..

I saw this on Etsy the other day and thought... geeez, pretty cool holder... not pricey .. and if I did not have my Pedal Commander stashed like I do, I would try one of these.. NO, I do not know the seller, nor have I seen this offering in person.

Look here.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! il_1588xN.4011097544_bx6h

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! il_1588xN.4058734653_4nx9
Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Since the Pedal Commander is Bluetooth enabled, I keep my PC display hidden directly behind/attached with Velcro, to the center black plastic under the steering column. I change modes with the Pedal Commander app on my smartphone..

I saw this on Etsy the other day and thought... geeez, pretty cool holder... not pricey .. and if I did not have my Pedal Commander stashed like I do, I would try one of these.. NO, I do not know the seller, nor have I seen this offering in person.

Look here.

nice 3d print idea !!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I ordered the gas cap scraper and the guy messaged me and said "Any ideas why I'm getting so many orders" :) I told him to talk to @Rhinebeck01 on here :) Can't wait to get mine. We had an early snow here in Utah. I didn't need to scrape but I want to be ready!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the gas cap scraper and the guy messaged me and said "Any ideas why I'm getting so many orders" :) I told him to talk to @Rhinebeck01 on here :) Can't wait to get mine. We had an early snow here in Utah. I didn't need to scrape but I want to be ready!
@Medsker

Funny....

...and.... you are really going to like the holder and the SkĂłda scraper. I'm very confident of that!

Please do come back and post what you think of it.... so guys/gals here, understand why I posted about the offering. No, the Polish guy seller, is not my relative in Poland... 8-)

I'm very sure, you will positively rant about it.............. and mention as I did.... how the heck is the seller, selling a very decent, 3D print offering for the JL, that takes 1 hr. 20 min to print on his home 3D printer, then he place's quality, 3M vehicle tape on it... plus, includes a highly regarded SkĂłda scraper... and then ships it all the way from Poland, to a buyer anywhere, for $19.53.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! rty56

jollyjerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Willys Sport, 89 CRX Si, 90 Buick Reatta
First time I heard of pedal commander. Smells like snake oil. How is it?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
First time I heard of pedal commander. Smells like snake oil. How is it?
Throttle controllers are proven tech that adjust the accelerator signal based on user preference (i.e., the selected sensitivity available in the programming).

While not inexpensive enough to qualify as cheap, or even as a "hack", they are popular with those folks, not just Jeep owners, who want a workaround for laggy throttle response, etc.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
So I got and installed the scaper today. I can attest that it is really high quality and I love that is always there and not taking up extra room. I'm with @Rhinebeck01 that I can't believe he can sell these shipped for that price. I usually carry a regular scraper in the Jeep but it's nice to have a spare always on me. One thing to watch out for I installed backwards at first and had to pull it back out and put new tape on it and reinstall. I don't know how I did that but it is what it is.

Here's a pic:

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! Scraper

jollyjerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Willys Sport, 89 CRX Si, 90 Buick Reatta
Throttle controllers are proven tech that adjust the accelerator signal based on user preference (i.e., the selected sensitivity available in the programming).

While not inexpensive enough to qualify as cheap, or even as a "hack", they are popular with those folks, not just Jeep owners, who want a workaround for laggy throttle response, etc.
ah it’s just adjusting throttle signal. That makes sense. I thought it was writing different fuel maps or doing some kind of turbo tune.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I got and installed the scaper today. I can attest that it is really high quality and I love that is always there and not taking up extra room. I'm with @Rhinebeck01 that I can't believe he can sell these shipped for that price. I usually carry a regular scraper in the Jeep but it's nice to have a spare always on me. One thing to watch out for I installed backwards at first and had to pull it back out and put new tape on it and reinstall. I don't know how I did that but it is what it is.

Here's a pic:

Scraper.jpg
@Medsker

YES, Indeed a terrific offering and how the heck is he selling it at that low low price..

I stopped by the local Jeep dealership to talk to sales about a JT for my one Son... I showed the Guys/staff there I know the holder with scraper and they all thought it was great... and commented on how where the holder resided was really terrific..

Geeeez, you must have played hell getting that holder off , once you applied it with the 3M tape. I thought it might take an act of God to get the holder loose from that location after it was attached.

Glad you like the holder and Skoda scraper. I can't imagine anyone buying and installing and then not saying that the offering was slick as chitt.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! tyghu8

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I was only able to peel it back off because I had touched it to the Jeep but not pressed down on the tape too hard yet. I think it would break before you could peel it off once it's pressed on there good.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was only able to peel it back off because I had touched it to the Jeep but not pressed down on the tape too hard yet. I think it would break before you could peel it off once it's pressed on there good.
@Medsker

The 3D printed mount seems very stout and durable.. a quality piece it is... but yup, you would probably destroy it, if you had pressed firmly on the 3D tape and let it sit for a bit.. and then tried to pry it off. That 3M vehicle tape really grabs..

Not sure if you noticed, but that offering has risen in price... it is about 30-40 cents more then it was.

The seller did not raise his price... The US $ cost of the offering on Etsy went up because of fluctuations in the EURO in Europe. The price is adjusted automatically by Etsy and not by the seller..

Even at $19.79 though, the offering is still a bargain... I'm going to be ordering 3 more and will be gifting them as an early Xmas gift..

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
if you guys need to remove and reposition the holders.
just use dental floss saw back and forth youll be good to go
now if you used Adhesion Promoter good luck. it will work but its a bit harder
it also has alot to do with what the print is made with
Sponsored