First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
iPhone 12 and 13 stick to it. The case needs to be compatible with MagSafe otherwise you lose the attachment strength. These are the things I got from Amazon:
ARKON Bike or Motorcycle... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P9XC3YO?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
KKM Magnetic Wireless Car Charger... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0978SDV87?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09QGQMTZL?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I used your setup and just got a case for my Andriod that supports the MagSafe setup for Apple. It's awesome and no need for adding a metal plate to my previous case. The irony is the case does not look magnetic at all but it works.
Sponsored

cbmjeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito and 03' Rubicon
Well, one of my little mods / hacks, is the plastic hook I installed on the inside of my JL's fuel door.

Thanks to the hook, no more gas cap lying on the painted surface.

Also, keeps the gas cap out of mud, snow or sleet on the side of the JL.

I have had the hook installed or months now and geeeeeeeeeeeeeez, it has worked out well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 20220430_193803

It's just one of these trimmed down and applied to the fuel door:

You can read more about the hook and where to get it, here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-fuel-door-install-video.4861/page-2#post-298930

That is one hack that I stole and installed a few weeks ago. Works great!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
As a @Threedom product tester I have a steady flow of Threedom products being sent to me to eval and test..

Threedom has a BADGE offering that replaces the badge on the driver's side front of the JL/JT and it also can be used if you delete the antenna and want a badge to cover that remaining circular indent..

Anyway, I had already placed a TREAD badge on the rear tail gate of my JL and yes, it looks very good their... the black contrast on my bright white JL is a plus. I have gotten lots of positive feedback from locals that view the badge back there.. Guys/gals say it looks like Jeep put it there..

Anyway, I got fooling with a bag of Threedom badges I have and found the badge works terrific as a vent door decor piece. With over 70 different designs, you can really personalize to your tastes. See all the designs HERE.

You could place one of these badges most anywhere on your vehicle.. any vehicle,
your refrigerator, kids bicycle or .. wherever.

The badge looks like it grew on the vent cover. The cover still rotates freely open and closed, around and around if you want. The vent has an inner X cross frame so badge could never fall into the vent system.. I fastened the badge on with a 3M Command strip.

I have been in contact with Carl Douglas, a co-owner of Threedom and a fellow Jeep JL/JT owner and after he saw my badge decor he said "genius" and a day later told me Threedom will soon be promoting a badge kit for the vent covers.

My JL.. Flip Flops on driver's side and Turtle (Gal pal's favorite) on the passenger side.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 20220820_083216

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 20220820_084037

Threedom "TREAD" design badge on the tail gate...
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! reartreadbadge04

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are nice "Badges " for any Wrangler, a German Shepherd one would be perfect on both the JL and YJ front side panels. Even better, a K9 War Dog, and a K9 LEO.
@four low

Threedom presently offers a full Shepherd and a Doberman full figure and Doberman head.. From what I have been told other breeds will be represented in the future..

See all the badge designs HERE.

The Doberman head badge has unbelievable detail/looks awesome..

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 20220820_144816

Last edited:

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
@four low

Threedom presently offers a full Shepherd and a Doberman full figure and Doberman head.. From what I have been told other breeds will be represented in the future..

See all the badge designs HERE.

The Doberman head badge has unbelievable detail/looks awesome..

Don’t see the vent caps or the German Shepard on your site

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t see the vent caps or the German Shepard on your site
@NCIC105

I am a tester for @Threedom products but not Threedom, that's parent company, is DI Labs.

What I started using as vent decoration are actually Threedom badges. They have over 60 designs of same. Find them here.. https://mythreedom.com/products/jeep-trail-badges

The badges are all the same size... so all will fit on the vent cover door. I would not use the provided 3M vehicle tape to secure them to the vent door. Do that and you will play hell getting them off if/when you go to take them off. Just use some thin, double sided tape.

As for the German Shepard.... I will message my contact at Threedom and let them know that Shepard is AOL on their website..

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

libis22

First Name
Libin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Daytona 675R, Willys sport XR
Occupation
Electronics engineer building software
Not sure some will consider this a hack but for $17 I added LED DRL’s, took all of 15 mins and no flash or reprogramming needed

before my DRL’s were yellow

After my bulb swap and no flash

looking good! what bumper is it?

gandk

First Name
Greg and Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
campsite.bio
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Excuse the trail dirt and camping mess, but I've had this headlamp attached to the back window with double sided tape for over a year and just love it.

This one swivels, is usb rechargeable, lasts for hours and detaches from the mounted portion for charging (but I charge it in place using the cargo area 12v port). I had to place it off center towards the passenger side so it would better match the curve on the back of the headlamp.

We also keep a rechargable headlamp on the door side of each seat.

Greg
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 20220910_200412

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 20220922_140050
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 20220922_140019
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 20220922_140040

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
Excuse the trail dirt and camping mess, but I've had this headlamp attached to the back window with double sided tape for over a year and just love it.

This one swivels, is usb rechargeable, lasts for hours and detaches from the mounted portion for charging (but I charge it in place using the cargo area 12v port). I had to place it off center towards the passenger side so it would better match the curve on the back of the headlamp.

We also keep a rechargable headlamp on the door side of each seat.

Greg

That's pretty genius.
Sponsored