Sponsored

Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here!

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I think it's subjective, one person's "quick poke" could be another's subconscious "hold down" for 0.75 seconds until a successfull start.

When push-to-start automobiles, (not to be confused with tiresome push-start automobiles) first came out, I had a few that would only crank for as long as you held the button down; if it was cold out and you pushed it quickly, it might crank once and stop, never successfully turning over.

It seems to me that the later and current versions of push-to-start decides that a brake depressed + button-push event means "crank until engine on". But I haven't tested it on the Wrangler yet. I don't remember having to hold the button for an undue amount of time this winter though, even in near 0°F weather.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Cost: $60-$70 altogether

Even though I drive alone 99.99% of the time, it still bothered me that I didn't have center armrests in the back anymore (no wonder they give us peasant floor cup holders), so I took a gamble on Amazon since you can practically just try parts out for free with their return policy. I knew the armrest sliding around would be a problem and I thought using the middle seatbelt would suffice, but it was so ugly and off-center. Then I put some tools inside and placed non slip sticky pads for furniture underneath and it hasn't budged an inch with my daily spirited driving. https://amzn.to/3cShv23
IMG_3083.jpg
These are the sticky pads I used https://amzn.to/31M8t0d
71f7h0Z6GeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
When opened, the lid also doubles as a clipboard.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Gain more visibility for tiny cars behind you.
Cost: Free
I did this my first minute of ownership, and drove the rest of the way home with the mirror dangling.

turns out that you cam remove the mirror post and reinstall it easily enough so that you can flip it. The mirror with the auto dim is thicker and would not flip without coming out.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I did this my first minute of ownership, and drove the rest of the way home with the mirror dangling.

turns out that you cam remove the mirror post and reinstall it easily enough so that you can flip it. The mirror with the auto dim is thicker and would not flip without coming out.
I did the mirror flip for a friend. Popped it out of the socket. I almost gave myself a hernia trying to muscle it back in by hand.

The solution was to remove the cover on the metal arm, disconnect the wire so that I could take the mirror to my vice clamp. I used a short piece of 2x4 to rest along the glass side, and a thin plastic trim tool on the back side of the mirror mount, and slowly turned the vice until it pressed it into place. Very simple. watching the weight distribution to make sure the force is centered on the ball, and no edge catching the glass.

I spent 20 minutes in the car trying to get it back on before I came up with this idea.

For those with the advanced saftey group, the mirror mount is very hard to get room to reinstall the metal bracket. You have to bend the plastic some, and face the mirror towards the Drivers side (LHD vehicles) while pressing it up into the connector. Once it is flat and pressed, then turn back towards proper orientation. This will lock it into place.

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
The feature whereby you just press the start button momentarily to start the engine is called Tip Start. All JLs with automatic transmissions have it. Manual JLs don't have it for safety reasons, same reason we can't have remote start.

On manuals, the safety is not required during an ESS event since the engine only restarts in neutral.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Question for Automatic owners. How do you turn on accessory position? In the manual JL, Press and hold to start. Or tap once for accessory tap again for run position.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Question for Automatic owners. How do you turn on accessory position? In the manual JL, Press and hold to start. Or tap once for accessory tap again for run position.
Just push the button without touching the brakes

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
You can also just turn on the rear view camera...
A screen can never replace a mirror. The depth of field and instantaneous feedback is not the same. That's why it can be disorienting and make you lose track of things when you try to use a screen to do a mirror's job. Doesn't matter if the screen has only 5ms of latency, your brain will feel it.

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
II was thinking of adding an Anderson connector setup to the outside of my 21JLUR to make it easier to connect the air compressor. Thought about placing it on top of bumper. Has anyone did that and would share any pros\cons for such a setup? Thanks!
I got mine on top of the bumper and love it. Ill take and post a picture later

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
II was thinking of adding an Anderson connector setup to the outside of my 21JLUR to make it easier to connect the air compressor. Thought about placing it on top of bumper. Has anyone did that and would share any pros\cons for such a setup? Thanks!
I ran an air connection to my front bumper for my on board air.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 1617789996265

Hidden behind the Sherman cap is a standard air connection.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 1617790113047

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 1617790145278

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
it only starts if pushing the brake, so without brake pushed it goes into access and run
Sponsored