Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Did this work?
Well, being from SoCal, I haven’t had the opportunity to check it out. However, I will be heading north this weekend and rain is expected.

I’ll let you know what I find out.
Sponsored

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Did this work?
I checked it out this weekend. It did pretty well in a light rain. It diverted most of the water to the ends of the seal at the hinges, with just a few water drops forming near the center. However, I’m not sure it will be able to handle a heavy rain. In that case a more pronounced seal may be needed to direct water to the edges.

Aidencaster

First Name
Anto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
2 small army box with steel angles mounted on the hardtop bolts.
Extra storage for slings at 40$.
I cut the handles and I plan to use handle loop to hold a flashlight.

D387E8EE-3535-4129-AF15-FED998512B87.jpeg

C754DE60-66D9-4F03-AAF8-246BC74E0ACD.jpeg

8D2E1095-250D-45B5-B7B0-C4E42032C621.jpeg
Hey so I've been looking around. Where did you pick up the brackets you used for your munitions cans. I am trying to do something of the same thing.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Last edited:

Sponsored

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure if I have ever posted this hack, but will mention it now.

Take a piece of foam pipe insulation, cut it the proper length and squeeze it into the space between the front seat (drivers side and passenger side) and the center console.

I used black, pipe insulation that has an outside diameter of 1.5 inches. I used an 11 inch long piece alongside side of both drivers seat and passenger seat.

Do this and no more dropping, charge cards, change, keys or whatver and having them drop down to no man's land so to speak. You drop something and there it will be sitting on top of that foam pipe insulation, waiting for you to retrieve it,

Yes, the seat(s) will move freely just as they always did.... has no negative impact on the JL. You don't even know it's there til you drop something.

Public Service message: IF you ever drop a credit card, driver's license, etc. in the gaps around the parking brake handle, do not try to pop the cover that surrounds the lever. You will do very costly damage doing this. Better to easily loosen the console and retrieve the item wihout doing costly damage. Come to the forum and ask how to loosen...

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This hack can save you money or at least a lot of aggravation...

Regarding the JL being "water resistant" and such.... :facepalm:

Years ago with one of my JK's, I was out in the mud and got back in the Jeep and got mud all up into the OBDll port. What a mess to deal with. It's just so easy to splash / get mud into it if you tend to get out in the yuck and then jump back in and...

Anyway, since then I buy and place a General Motors, OBDll cover over the OBDll port. Yes, it fits the JL's OBDll port perfectly.

I take a 6" piece of fishing line and tie one end to the cap and the other end up above and slightly behind the OBDll port itself to a cable there. I do this so when I or a Tech remove the cap that it just dangles there until I or they put it back on the OBDll port. Thus it does not get lost.

With the cap, the OBDll port is protected.... from snow, mud, water, horse shit, etc., that might head up the OBDll ports way.

For $10.00+- , the cap is a good investment. I know getting the mud issue in the OBDll port, remedied, years ago cost me way way more the that.

Real cool custom OBDll cover with JL grill on it..

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! JL-Custom OBDll Cover

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! il_1140xN.2533043381_cdkf

https://www.etsy.com/listing/844123...wgrille-black-or?ref=shop_home_active_3&frs=1

Picture cap of below. Can be found on eBAY, etc..

Plastic Cover for OBDll Diagnostic Connector GM12146933

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 71SCorQNVFL._SL1500_

Last edited:
OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Future hack ...... I'm looking forward to.....

Anyway, I think I found something I have been seeking out, since I got my JL ..

Caps to cover the key hole on a JL ...

What a great addition to the JL..

Especially, for someone anal about the "look" or worried about the mud, water, yuk, getting into the door locks... and water getting in the door locks and their freezing up and and... Been there done that... 8-(

Anyway, custom made , quality caps for the door key hole, that fit so tight that you really need no adhesive to hold them on.. I'd use adhesive any way, just to be sure they don't go awol lets say...

I'm getting the caps with no key hole as I have Proximity but there is a version of this cap with the hole for a key to pass thru...

I'm going to be installing the caps I am talking about in the next week or so ..SO, don't go to eBAY and spend $25.99+ (YIKES) for a somewhat similar set of caps that do not fit snugly and need adhesive to stay on.

Wait til I try the ones I mention... These sell for very very little money. Well worth the $.

Hopefully , this find works out for me.. if not, either way I will post and let those that want a set know either way. My hopes are up....

Would look like this ... matches very close to door handle color. Looks factory...

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 71SCorQNVFL._SL1500_
Those are great! Linky?

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I'm not sure if I have ever posted this hack, but will mention it now.

Take a piece of foam pipe insulation, cut it the proper length and squeeze it into the space between the front seat (drivers side and passenger side) and the center console.

Do this and no more dropping, charge cards, change, keys or whatver and having them drop down to no man's land so to speak. You drop something and there it will be sitting on top of that foam pipe insulation, waiting for you to retrieve it,

Yes, the seat(s) will move freely just as they always did.... has no negative impact on the JL. You don't even know it's there til you drop something.

Public Service message: IF you ever drop a credit card, driver's license, etc. in the gaps around the parking brake handle, do not try to pop the cover that surrounds the lever. You will do very costly damage doing this. Better to easily loosen the console and retrieve the item wihout doing costly damage. Come to the forum and ask how to loosen...
And french fries!!!

Sponsored

JW-UK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D110, Foers Ibex
Hi All,
This isn't a Jeep or JL specific hack, it will work for anyone that has a 1" Ram Mount and a Mini Maglite. The torch, 18mm body diameter, will clamp directly in the Ram Mount arm, without any special adapter.
It works best with the spring end of the arm on the ball, so it grips the torch until the clamp is tight. It is easy to adjust with one hand after a few tries.
I've got a new torch in black since this picture was taken.
Hope you find it useful!

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! ima

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,
This isn't a Jeep or JL specific hack, it will work for anyone that has a 1" Ram Mount and a Mini Maglite. The torch, 18mm body diameter, will clamp directly in the Ram Mount arm, without any special adapter.
It works best with the spring end of the arm on the ball, so it grips the torch until the clamp is tight. It is easy to adjust with one hand after a few tries.
I've got a new torch in black since this picture was taken.
Hope you find it useful!

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! ima
That is a great hack! Thanks!

CM⛰

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
Getting these. Thought about plastidip but this is much better. Great idea and thanks for sharing!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Here's a "Cheap But Effective " hack for the Rear Camera Shroud, should it be lost, broken, or sized wrong for different spare tire rims. Since the factory shroud helps with sun glare, keeping the camera lens cleaner from rain, winter grime, I made a replacement shroud out of a thin piece of black plastic, cut to shape, and cinches on with a Tie Wrap. It slips off, and back on easily,

IMG_20200319_111621930_HDR_resized(1).jpg

IMG_20200319_111612613_HDR_resized(1).jpg

IMG_20200319_111617305_TOP_resized(1).jpg