First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I listened to a podcast about that whole thing. They basically read the book on the podcast, the description of the attacks is pretty terrifying.
National Park After Dark? That's where I first heard it.

Sponsored

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
All the people using Fumotos, any issues with them in places that salt the earth each winter? I've been hesitant about rust/corrosion from road salts.
I’ve used them on all of my Dodge/Ram/Cummins since about 1997 and on my JL currently. I live in Alberta where we literally have 4-6 months of salt assault and have never had an issue nor seen any corrosion.

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (Billet), 21 Sahara 4xe (StingGray)
Vehicle Showcase
The AZUTO offering that has really got me saying WOW, is the blinker handle extension. I originally thought the extension would be no big deal but it really is something that I am really appreciating. A great add it is, especially for what it sells for. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CL5W1S49?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

20231120_111154.jpg
I ordered and installed the blinker extension and have been running it for a week or so now. I'm reasonably happy with it. I have large hands/long fingers and had no trouble reaching the blinker stalk without moving my hand, but this makes it completely effortless. The extra leverage and weight give it a nicer feel, although it is a little easier to bump it accidentally. Without knowing it was an "add-on" most people wouldn't realize it wasn't stock.

My dislikes are that I feel like the two halves could meet up a little tighter, I don't understand why they put the screw hole in the front vs the back where it wouldn't be seen, and the markings aren't perfectly centered in the cutout. All are minor issues that you won't notice unless you installed it yourself and are overly anal about things.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I ordered and installed the blinker extension and have been running it for a week or so now. I'm reasonably happy with it. I have large hands/long fingers and had no trouble reaching the blinker stalk without moving my hand, but this makes it completely effortless. The extra leverage and weight give it a nicer feel, although it is a little easier to bump it accidentally. Without knowing it was an "add-on" most people wouldn't realize it wasn't stock.

My dislikes are that I feel like the two halves could meet up a little tighter, I don't understand why they put the screw hole in the front vs the back where it wouldn't be seen, and the markings aren't perfectly centered in the cutout. All are minor issues that you won't notice unless you installed it yourself and are overly anal about things.
@dlong1119

MADE ME GO TO THE GARAGE / MY JL AND LOOK!

Do check over your install. My halves match very tightly and the markings are aok..

I'm not sure why they went with screw in front but to be honest once installed I do not even think/see the black screw in that sunken screw hole.

I'm sure pretty much every guy or gal that installs this blinker handle extension will say the AZUTO blinker extension changes things for the better... a different feel and for sure for the better. The added weight, the added length are pluses.. Sure it is very subjective though..

I have big hands and I have grown very use to the new, extended handle... A few days use and a few hundred miles in use and I was a believer lets say.. I'm really liking the offering.

Anyway, suggest you remove the screw and re-align a bit to see if the "two halves could meet up a little tighter"... I'm thinking they will.

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (Billet), 21 Sahara 4xe (StingGray)
Vehicle Showcase
@dlong1119

MADE ME GO TO THE GARAGE / MY JL AND LOOK!

Do check over your install. My halves match very tightly and the markings are aok..

I'm not sure why they went with screw in front but to be honest once installed I do not even think/see the black screw in that sunken screw hole.

I'm sure pretty much every guy or gal that installs this blinker handle extension will say the AZUTO blinker extension changes things for the better... a different feel and for sure for the better. The added weight, the added length are pluses.. Sure it is very subjective though..

I have big hands and I have grown very use to the new, extended handle... A few days use and a few hundred miles in use and I was a believer lets say.. I'm really liking the offering.

Anyway, suggest you remove the screw and re-align a bit to see if the "two halves could meet up a little tighter"... I'm thinking they will.

I took it off and clipped it back together outside of the Jeep, no real change in how the halves clip together. I was able to rotate it a hair while reassembling and got the markings to be centered better in the opening, so that was nice. I'm not unhappy with it, and for ~$20 it's not a bad add-on, but it's not quite perfect. ?‍♂

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
amazon.com/gp/product/B0BGK1RJPC

Roll bar pouch. (The first/main product photo is incorrect. The one I have has a Velcro pouch flap in addition to a zippered section.)
Simple but used on a regular basis. I have it above my (driver side) doorway and appreciate the small-but-useful and easy-to-access storage.

Accurate representation in an Amazon photo:
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 1702343075684

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! IMG_20231206_113743390_HDR

Drill holes in your Jeep is free if you have a drill and bits.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! IMG_20231206_120835622

Universal third brake light on Amazon cost me $11. It's 15 in long from end to end.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! IMG_20231206_115124683

I haven't wired it yet or bolted it in place, but I'm going to use some 3M tape to make it stay a little better and maybe even waterproof the back a little bit. Then stainless steel bolts from the local hardware stores probably going to be under two three bucks, then I already have all the wires I need to connect it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tailgate Storage Tray / Pull Handle HACK...

Seems like when I have my JL's tailgate open and I'm back there... I am always looking for a quick and easy place to stash valve stem caps, pocket knife, dog treats, lighter, empty ammo casings, etc..

Anyway, I installed this tray a couple of weeks ago and it really has worked out for me. Yes, as a tray it is great, but also as a pull handle to use when closing the heavy tailgate.

This tray is pricey to say the least.. but if you have a need and ya have a few $ to blow this offering is a nice add to the JL. Buy here at Amazon or here at AliExpress.
-For the record, I paid for this product offering-

I have to give it to the manufacturer of the tray as it is real nice, very sturdy and looks factory in the JL. It should though for the amt. of $ the thing costs.

I did install with 3M Automotive double sided tape as I figured the crapola tape that it came with would undoubtedly fail with Summer heat and especially with me using the tray as a tray and a pull handle.

I also added a quality, felt pad to the bottom of the tray, to thwart rattling of items I place in the tray.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 20231208_110354

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 20231208_110421

Pic of the tray with the felt in the bottom...
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 20231208_113724

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 71I82P1eguL._AC_SL1500_

Last edited:

AndySpill

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I installed the blinker handle extension that @Rhinebeck01 recommended, at this link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CL5W1S49?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details.

This addition not only adds some length to the signal turn direction stalk, making it easier to reach from the steering wheel, but the additional weight--small that it is--at the end of the stalk provided by this addition makes it easier to move the stalk into position from wherever you grab it, even if it's closer to the steering wheel.

I've got to say, I think the people at AZUTO seem to really think about their JL offerings before selling them. They make stuff that it almost seems like the vehicle should have had stock, that matches the vehicle's style, and that Stellantis would be smart to build into future Wrangler models.

I'm not affiliated. I'm also not alone in feeling this way:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the blinker handle extension that @Rhinebeck01 recommended, at this link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CL5W1S49?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details.

This addition not only adds some length to the signal turn direction stalk, making it easier to reach from the steering wheel, but the additional weight--small that it is--at the end of the stalk provided by this addition makes it easier to move the stalk into position from wherever you grab it, even if it's closer to the steering wheel.

I've got to say, I think the people at AZUTO seem to really think about their JL offerings before selling them. They make stuff that it almost seems like the vehicle should have had stock, that matches the vehicle's style, and that Stellantis would be smart to build into future Wrangler models.

I'm not affiliated. I'm also not alone in feeling this way:

@AndySpill

Thanks for posting this.. Indeed, the AZUTO Turn Signal Lever Extension is a real nice add to the JL.

I had never seen that YouTube video.. Decent video it is. Thanks for placing that in your forum post. Am I the only one that recognizes the guy in that video??

I still can't get over how much difference, for the better, that the 1" handle extension and the tad bit more weight, for the better, really changes the whole feel so to speak in regard to the JL/JT blinker / high beam lever...
and the AZUTO handle looks factory and terrific also..

Anyway, when you made your post praising the AZUTO Turn Signal Lever Extension, I said to myself "So it's not just me that thinks this offering is a real winner."

By the way, I reached out to the AZUTO rep and asked him to talk to his design team in regard to designing a storage tray that would plug into the rear cup holders that many JL's have.

(I also am encouraging AZUTO to become a forum sponsor)

Especially, for guys/gals with their JL's rear seat removed, the rear cup holders just sit there unused.

IF, if there was a plug in storage tray for the rear cup holder, you could place small items in it and when you needed an item, you or your passenger could just easily reach back between the front seats and grab whatever out of the rear cup holder tray.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 20231120_112704

AndySpill

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Tailgate Storage Tray / Pull Handle HACK...

Seems like when I have my JL's tailgate open and I'm back there... I am always looking for a quick and easy place to stash valve stem caps, pocket knife, dog treats, lighter, empty ammo casings, etc..

Anyway, I installed this tray a couple of weeks ago and it really has worked out for me. Yes, as a tray it is great, but also as a pull handle to use when closing the heavy tailgate.

This tray is pricey to say the least.. but if you have a need and ya have a few $ to blow this offering is a nice add to the JL. Buy here at Amazon or here at AliExpress.
-For the record, I paid for this product offering-

I have to give it to the manufacturer of the tray as it is real nice, very sturdy and looks factory in the JL. It should though for the amt. of $ the thing costs.

I did install with 3M Automotive double sided tape as I figured the crapola tape that it came with would undoubtedly fail with Summer heat and especially with me using the tray as a tray and a pull handle.

I also added a quality, felt pad to the bottom of the tray, to thwart rattling of items I place in the tray.

Pic of the tray with the felt in the bottom...

So I took @Rhinebeck01's suggestion and got one of these.

You know those free flashlights Harbor Freight gives out on promotions with the magnet base (I must have 5)? I'll bet a lot of you have one more of them too.

Well rather than bouncing around in the cargo area or being hard to find in the dark or ruining the finish on the Sports Bar by magnet attaching it there I just 3M mounting taped a magnet in the tray and made the perfect holder for it.

(Buying products shown on the forum makes sponsors. Sponsors keep "the lights" on. Get it as a Christmas gift!)

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! IMG_2241
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! IMG_2239
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! IMG_2240
Sponsored