First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
Can we have some posts that are NOT the ice scraper?
I agree - but only because I have a 4xe haha

any cheap hacks that result in the mopar gods to take a brake booster controller and send it to the dealer? It’s been sitting there since 10/10 and they have no ”real” clue on a date yet 😥

alternatively, please keep filling my wish list of cheap hacks so I have plenty to do if I ever get the jeep back!
Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
OMG! OMG! So I just heard about this fabulous ICE SCRAPER! It is AMAZING! It's hard to explain. It involves some plastic stuff, a fuel door if you have one, something about Europe...well, it's complicated, like I said. I suspect it will take the majority of this thread for everyone to understand.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! tumblr_pe2rfgZhPe1w51q7d_500

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
OMG! OMG! So I just heard about this fabulous ICE SCRAPER! It is AMAZING! It's hard to explain. It involves some plastic stuff, a fuel door if you have one, something about Europe...well, it's complicated, like I said. I suspect it will take the majority of this thread for everyone to understand.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! tumblr_pe2rfgZhPe1w51q7d_500
I hope it's not Cactus Grey, is it?

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer

I’ve never heard about this. I wonder where I could get more information about it??

Sponsored

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Guess I’m old fashion. I have an ice scraper that has a metal blade. It’s at least 15 years old.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Guess I’m old fashion. I have an ice scraper that has a metal blade. It’s at least 15 years old.
Yes, I have a metal blade scraper also.... mine is probably 15+ years old too..

Having the small plastic scraper in a very handy exterior holder though, is a real plus for use in Love Bug season and for those mornings when you just have a bit of ice to get off the windshield before you get in the vehicle..

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! rty56

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yes, I have a metal blade scraper also.... mine is probably 15+ years old too..

Having the small plastic scraper in a very handy exterior holder though, is a real plus for use in Love Bug season and for those mornings when you just have a bit of ice to get off the windshield before you get in the vehicle..

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! rty56
Love bugs? I sure don't miss those beasts taking the paint off when I lived in Florida.

Bowevil

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xe
Ice scraper vs. Button lamp. Being in coastal n.c. I do not have to deal with ice but putting that button lamp in the charger plug-in door was a freaking game changer!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JACK handle hack...

Those lug nuts can be really hard to remove.. They are torqued to 130 ft. lbs ... You can really strain your body's rotator cuffs and after doing the tire rotation, you can end up being real sore for a few days afterwards.

I do a few tire rotations on Jeep's over the course of a month... I have found this jack hack makes the rotations much less painful...

Most floor jack's have a handle end that is removable. When you assemble the floor jack you use a bolt to secure the handle...

In stead of a bolt use an easy to remove clamp bracket as in the pic below. This will allow you to remove the handle end in seconds...

You will take the handle off during your tire rotation.

You take the smaller diameter, open end of the removed floor jack handle and slide it over the end of your 16'" breaker bar...

NOW, you have a lever that is 3+- ft long and thanks to that lever, the lug nuts bolts break loose easily with little effort at all... with very little stress on your bodies rotator cuffs.

Once the lug nuts are loosened, the jack handle is easy reinstalled in seconds..

Pic of floor jack with the handle attached with the easy to remove, inexpensive clamp.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 01

Slip the breaker bar handle into the smaller diameter end of the removed jack handle..
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 02

This replaces the bolt that secures the removable handle..
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 03

Breaker bar..
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! bbb

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YES, laugh all you want ........ but FLARP works well as a Cleaning Gel for your vehicle .....for Cleaning yoyur center console/cup holder ....for cleaning Car Vents, PC, Laptops, Cameras, keyboards and more..

Sure you can go on Amazon, etc. and spend $9.00+- for some cleaning gel (Gel from China ) but rather then do that, go to the toy department at Walmart, etc. and for about $1.65 you can buy 3.7 0z container of gel (Hecho in China) and clean away.... when you are done, place the Flarp in the refrig. til you need it next time.... to ward off mold or just toss the inexpensive, Flarp in the garbage.

It can be used over and over, many times.... until the Flarp's color becomes dark.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! yhkjl

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! uipo

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! snapshot

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
YES, laugh all you want ........ but FLARP works well as a Cleaning Gel for your vehicle .....for Cleaning yoyur center console/cup holder ....for cleaning Car Vents, PC, Laptops, Cameras, keyboards and more..

Sure you can go on Amazon, etc. and spend $9.00+- for some cleaning gel (Gel from China ) but rather then do that, go to the toy department at Walmart, etc. and for about $1.65 you can buy 3.7 0z container of gel (Hecho in China) and clean away.... when you are done, place the Flarp in the refrig. til you need it next time.... to ward off mold or just toss the inexpensive, Flarp in the garbage.

It can be used over and over, many times.... until the Flarp's color becomes dark.

I like nice idea. So we’re talking hacks now lol , instead of using exspensive clay bars. Goto the plumbing section of your local hardware store and purchase plumbers putty , Same crap waaay cheaper

pmarold21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon (Gobi)
Fuel Door Bug Scraper and Ice Scraper..

I posted earlier in this thread about the Etsy offering advertised as a Fuel Door Ice Scraper...

Yes, it is a very cool Ice Scrapper with a custom holder for the JL .... but guess what....
it makes an excellent BUG Scraper, too.. So, now I have a goodie that is useful year around regardless what geographical location I am in....

Yup, when you get Love Bugs/ Bugs on your windshield.... Pull over, Spray the Windshield with Spray Way Foam Window Cleaner, let it sit/ let it soak for a minute.... and then scrap a way with your terrific Skóda scraper that you had stashed behind the fuel door.

For me no more using a single edge razor blade in the middle of the day/night to scrap off those frigging Love Bugs/Bugs..

For the record, no I am not Polish... and am not related to the fellow that is offering this goodie...

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Fuel Door Ice Scraper / Ships from Kraków Poland
Retails for just under $20 which includes shipping to the USA

Features the very highly regarded Škoda Ice Scraper / Scraper also has a tire depth gauge...

My install:
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! IMG_4193.JPG

Fits 2018+ Jeep Wrangler 2-door (JL) and 4-door (JLU)
Will not fit:
• Diesel Wranglers with AdBlue blue cap
• 4xe hybrid Wranglers
• Wranglers with LPG/CGN cap next to fuel cap

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1126016685/fuel-door-ice-scraper-for-jeep-wrangler
I have a spare one of these that I accidentally ordered for my 4xe (doesn’t fit the 4xe and I missed the fine print). If anyone wants it at cost, PM me.
Sponsored