Sponsored

Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Fuel Door Bug Scraper and Ice Scraper..

I posted earlier in this thread about the Etsy offering advertised as a Fuel Door Ice Scraper...

Yes, it is a very cool Ice Scrapper with a custom holder for the JL .... but guess what....
it makes an excellent BUG Scraper, too.. So, now I have a goodie that is useful year around regardless what geographical location I am in....

Yup, when you get Love Bugs/ Bugs on your windshield.... Pull over, Spray the Windshield with Spray Way Foam Window Cleaner, let it sit/ let it soak for a minute.... and then scrap a way with your terrific SkĂłda scraper that you had stashed behind the fuel door.

For me no more using a single edge razor blade in the middle of the day/night to scrap off those frigging Love Bugs/Bugs..

For the record, no I am not Polish... and am not related to the fellow that is offering this goodie...

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Fuel Door Ice Scraper / Ships from KrakĂłw Poland
Retails for just under $20 which includes shipping to the USA

Features the very highly regarded Ĺ koda Ice Scraper / Scraper also has a tire depth gauge...

My install:
tyghu8.jpg

hgjbk.jpg
rty56.jpg

00013j.jpg
000445.jpg
00022.jpg

Fits 2018+ Jeep Wrangler 2-door (JL) and 4-door (JLU)
Will not fit:
• Diesel Wranglers with AdBlue blue cap
• 4xe hybrid Wranglers
• Wranglers with LPG/CGN cap next to fuel cap

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1126016685/fuel-door-ice-scraper-for-jeep-wrangler
Bumping this post..... This offering is really nice.. and the price for it is more then reasonable. Anyway, I justed to post about the offering again for those that missed the original.

I just purchased 3 more and will be Xmas gifting them.. YES, the offering is that good...

No, I do not know the Polsih guy selling this offering..

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! rty56

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bumping this post..... This offering is really nice.. and the price for it is more then reasonable. Anyway, I justed to post about the offering again for those that missed the original.

I just purchased 3 more and will be Xmas gifting them.. YES, the offering is that good...

No, I do not know the Polsih guy selling this offering..

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! rty56
For any 3.0 EcoDiesel with the DEF cap, JL owner's that have interest in the Ĺ koda scraper and holder for their vehicle, I just read this review on the Polish's guys Etsy page.

With my (Rhinebeck01) having one of the holder's with the Ĺ koda scraper, I understand what the guy that did the review is saying... The Ĺ koda scraper easily goes in to the holder either end first.

Basically, the Ĺ koda scraper slips into the holder either way... green end of the scraper in first or you can place the black end first.. He... the Etsy reviewer, say's GREEN end of Ĺ koda scraper goes in first and YES, the Ĺ koda scraper with holder is doable with the 3.0 EcoDiesel with the DEF cap, JL , according to the reviewer.

Here is a copy of the Etsy review:
"Although the seller says it won't fit the 3.0 EcoDiesel with the DEF cap, mine fit after taking the tether off the DEF cap. But, when inserted black end first, the green end protruded just a bit too much to allow the door to close completely. Green end in (curved end), it sits in the holder just a bit further and allows the door to close fully."

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 00022

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
Anyone with a 4xe try it? It says it won’t work.

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
@Medsker

Funny....

...and.... you are really going to like the holder and the SkĂłda scraper. I'm very confident of that!

Please do come back and post what you think of it.... so guys/gals here, understand why I posted about the offering. No, the Polish guy seller, is not my relative in Poland... 8-)

I'm very sure, you will positively rant about it.............. and mention as I did.... how the heck is the seller, selling a very decent, 3D print offering for the JL, that takes 1 hr. 20 min to print on his home 3D printer, then he place's quality, 3M vehicle tape on it... plus, includes a highly regarded SkĂłda scraper... and then ships it all the way from Poland, to a buyer anywhere, for $19.53.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 00022

If it's not Polish, it's crrrrrrap!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone with a 4xe try it? It says it won’t work.
@joegrasse

Could you take a couple of pics of the inner's, under the fuel door on a 4xe and post here. With seeing a pic, I can give you an idea if the offering will fit in there.

The Ĺ koda scraper and holder is real nice.. If it would work for you, you'd really like the offering.

Sponsored

JeeperJC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR and 2020 Jeep Gladiator

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone here has access to a 3d printer, I posted the scraper and mount awhile back.
Mounted it in April with easy to remove command strips (live in Florida heat) and it’s still solid

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-section-for-3d-printers.79770/post-1928170
The highly regarded, Ĺ koda scraper is a very good Love bug scraper also!
I plan to use it when I'm at my Florida place.

I wish there was a way to get the small model, Ĺ koda scraper 's here to the USA, inexpensively.

The $19.00+ that the Polish guy is charging for the small, Ĺ koda scraper and the holder is about what it costs to get a single/just the Ĺ koda scraper to the USA..... So, in essence I got the holder free..

I'm still wondering how the Polish guys sells his offering for so cheap.

And the Polish guy is supposedly using a filament that is far far more durable then most guys print with at home.. Takes 1 hr. 20 min. to print apparently..

While the 3D printed holder for the JL, is really unique and terrific to have.... The Ĺ koda scraper is what I wanted most. Ĺ koda scraper's are terrific.

There is a reason why Ĺ koda scraper's are found as an accessory for high end vehicle's in Europe.
A very popular scraper in Europe...

@JeeperJC Thanks for posting. I'm sure guys that have a 3D printer will appreciate your post.

JeeperJC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR and 2020 Jeep Gladiator
The highly regarded, Ĺ koda scraper is a very good Love bug scraper also!
I plan to use it when I'm at my Florida place.

I wish there was a way to get the small model, Ĺ koda scraper 's here to the USA, inexpensively.

The $19.00+ that the Polish guy is charging for the small, Ĺ koda scraper and the holder is about what it costs to get a single/just the Ĺ koda scraper to the USA..... So, in essence I got the holder free..

I'm still wondering how the Polish guys sells his offering for so cheap.

And the Polish guy is supposedly using a filament that is far far more durable then most guys print with at home.. Takes 1 hr. 20 min. to print apparently..

While the 3D printed holder for the JL, is really unique and terrific to have.... The Ĺ koda scraper is what I wanted most. Ĺ koda scraper's are terrific.

There is a reason why Ĺ koda scraper's are found as an accessory for high end vehicle's in Europe.
A very popular scraper in Europe...

@JeeperJC Thanks for posting. I'm sure guys that have a 3D printer will appreciate your post.

I found the same when I started looking at these as well. I decided to go this route as a backup in the off chance I travel somewhere cold and get some morning frost and didn't have a real scraper with me. Also has been useful on road trips with lovebugs on the window, take a small towel and wrap it around the scraper cleans the tough ones off well.

If I was expecting this to remove ice on a regular basis, I would go your route and get the real setup, the edge of a 3d printed scraper will not stand up to real ice on a window very long.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
If I was expecting this to remove ice on a regular basis, I would go your route and get the real setup, the edge of a 3d printed scraper will not stand up to real ice on a window very long.
It's fair to wonder why plastic ice scrapers of any size or brand are still sold. They're largely ineffective, sometimes from Day 1, compared to a scraper with a thin metal blade...which, oddly enough, are annoyingly hard to find for sale anywhere. On that point, I was forced to buy one online. It slices right through the thickest frost and/or ice that PA winters can throw at us.

SWISTAK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Wrangler, 2006 Wrangler (deceased), 2023 Wran
It's fair to wonder why plastic ice scrapers of any size or brand are still sold. They're largely ineffective, sometimes from Day 1, compared to a scraper with a thin metal blade...which, oddly enough, are annoyingly hard to find for sale anywhere. On that point, I was forced to buy one online. It slices right through the thickest frost and/or ice that PA winters can throw at us.
I agree! Best Ice Scraper is one with a brass blade

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

~Blue392~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 392
It's fair to wonder why plastic ice scrapers of any size or brand are still sold.
Low manufacturing cost and creating a repeat customer are probably the best answers. Manufacturing anything that is a needed consumable and having it only last a minimum amount of time is a plus for any business. Razor blades are this first thing that come to mind. Plastic snow shovels...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)