Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here!

jollyjerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Willys Sport, 89 CRX Si, 90 Buick Reatta
Posted this over in camping, but feels in the spirit of this thread: two wood boards mounted to hardtop bolts (M8 x 1.25) so I can pull stacked totes and coolers out without taking everything out. Bonus: soft top clears and folds all the way back still. $5 for bolts
8985BFA1-7B5D-4DE2-9A0D-27CA4CF73231.jpeg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Fuel Door Bug Scraper and Ice Scraper..

I posted earlier in this thread about the Etsy offering advertised as a Fuel Door Ice Scraper...

Yes, it is a very cool Ice Scrapper with a custom holder for the JL .... but guess what....
it makes an excellent BUG Scraper, too.. So, now I have a goodie that is useful year around regardless what geographical location I am in....

Yup, when you get Love Bugs/ Bugs on your windshield.... Pull over, Spray the Windshield with Spray Way Foam Window Cleaner, let it sit/ let it soak for a minute.... and then scrap a way with your terrific Skóda scraper that you had stashed behind the fuel door.

For me no more using a single edge razor blade in the middle of the day/night to scrap off those frigging Love Bugs/Bugs..

For the record, no I am not Polish... and am not related to the fellow that is offering this goodie...

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Fuel Door Ice Scraper / Ships from Kraków Poland
Retails for just under $20 which includes shipping to the USA

Features the very highly regarded Škoda Ice Scraper / Scraper also has a tire depth gauge...

My install:
tyghu8.jpg

hgjbk.jpg
rty56.jpg

00013j.jpg
000445.jpg
00022.jpg

Fits 2018+ Jeep Wrangler 2-door (JL) and 4-door (JLU)
Will not fit:
• Diesel Wranglers with AdBlue blue cap
• 4xe hybrid Wranglers
• Wranglers with LPG/CGN cap next to fuel cap

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1126016685/fuel-door-ice-scraper-for-jeep-wrangler

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
What if you don't have a fuel door?
@txj2go

I have to take a looksee next time I am around a JL without a fuel door.

I think.... again, I think.. that this offering will fit for / work with a JL without a fuel door.

You'd place the green part of the scraper facing down in the holder, so you would not see/have the green end of the scrapper standing out like a sore thumb so to speak.

Next time I get around a JL without a fuel door I will eyeball and let you know.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Well, one of my little mods / hacks, is the plastic hook I installed on the inside of my JL's fuel door.

Thanks to the hook, no more gas cap lying on the painted surface.

Also, keeps the gas cap out of mud, snow or sleet on the side of the JL.

I have had the hook installed or months now and geeeeeeeeeeeeeez, it has worked out well.

01.jpg

02.jpg

It's just one of these trimmed down and applied to the fuel door:
uuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

You can read more about the hook and where to get it, here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-fuel-door-install-video.4861/page-2#post-298930

Ya know.... that little hook is still working out well.. even after 4 years+ use and well over 64,000 miles.

It has never come loose, does the job it was meant to do and geeeeeeeez, I sure do appreciate that hook.
01-000.jpg

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Posted this over in camping, but feels in the spirit of this thread: two wood boards mounted to hardtop bolts (M8 x 1.25) so I can pull stacked totes and coolers out without taking everything out. Bonus: soft top clears and folds all the way back still. $5 for bolts
8985BFA1-7B5D-4DE2-9A0D-27CA4CF73231.jpeg
Smart use of the hard top bolt holes.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Since the Pedal Commander is Bluetooth enabled, I keep my PC display hidden directly behind/attached with Velcro, to the center black plastic under the steering column. I change modes with the Pedal Commander app on my smartphone..

I saw this on Etsy the other day and thought... geeez, pretty cool holder... not pricey .. and if I did not have my Pedal Commander stashed like I do, I would try one of these.. NO, I do not know the seller, nor have I seen this offering in person.

Look here.

il_1588xN.4011097544_bx6h.jpg

il_1588xN.4058734653_4nx9.jpg

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Since the Pedal Commander is Bluetooth enabled, I keep my PC display hidden directly behind/attached with Velcro, to the center black plastic under the steering column. I change modes with the Pedal Commander app on my smartphone..

I saw this on Etsy the other day and thought... geeez, pretty cool holder... not pricey .. and if I did not have my Pedal Commander stashed like I do, I would try one of these.. NO, I do not know the seller, nor have I seen this offering in person.

Look here.

il_1588xN.4011097544_bx6h.jpg

il_1588xN.4058734653_4nx9.jpg
nice 3d print idea !!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I ordered the gas cap scraper and the guy messaged me and said "Any ideas why I'm getting so many orders" :) I told him to talk to @Rhinebeck01 on here :) Can't wait to get mine. We had an early snow here in Utah. I didn't need to scrape but I want to be ready!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
I ordered the gas cap scraper and the guy messaged me and said "Any ideas why I'm getting so many orders" :) I told him to talk to @Rhinebeck01 on here :) Can't wait to get mine. We had an early snow here in Utah. I didn't need to scrape but I want to be ready!
@Medsker

Funny....

...and.... you are really going to like the holder and the Skóda scraper. I'm very confident of that!

Please do come back and post what you think of it.... so guys/gals here, understand why I posted about the offering. No, the Polish guy seller, is not my relative in Poland... 8-)

I'm very sure, you will positively rant about it.............. and mention as I did.... how the heck is the seller, selling a very decent, 3D print offering for the JL, that takes 1 hr. 20 min to print on his home 3D printer, then he place's quality, 3M vehicle tape on it... plus, includes a highly regarded Skóda scraper... and then ships it all the way from Poland, to a buyer anywhere, for $19.53.

rty56.jpg

jollyjerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First time I heard of pedal commander. Smells like snake oil. How is it?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
First time I heard of pedal commander. Smells like snake oil. How is it?
Throttle controllers are proven tech that adjust the accelerator signal based on user preference (i.e., the selected sensitivity available in the programming).

While not inexpensive enough to qualify as cheap, or even as a "hack", they are popular with those folks, not just Jeep owners, who want a workaround for laggy throttle response, etc.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
So I got and installed the scaper today. I can attest that it is really high quality and I love that is always there and not taking up extra room. I'm with @Rhinebeck01 that I can't believe he can sell these shipped for that price. I usually carry a regular scraper in the Jeep but it's nice to have a spare always on me. One thing to watch out for I installed backwards at first and had to pull it back out and put new tape on it and reinstall. I don't know how I did that but it is what it is.

Here's a pic:

Scraper.jpg

jollyjerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Throttle controllers are proven tech that adjust the accelerator signal based on user preference (i.e., the selected sensitivity available in the programming).

While not inexpensive enough to qualify as cheap, or even as a "hack", they are popular with those folks, not just Jeep owners, who want a workaround for laggy throttle response, etc.
ah it’s just adjusting throttle signal. That makes sense. I thought it was writing different fuel maps or doing some kind of turbo tune.
Sponsored

Sponsored

JKS Manufacturing

Sponsored