Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 1604175871683

Question; where would that phone go if the airbag deployed in a front end collision?
Yeah JD, that's a really sucky place to put a phone, or any item in this accessory, at least while driving, that is taller than the lowest point where the Airbag deploys, or perhaps I should say explodes from.

A more responsibly photographed picture of the device by the manufacturer might have been taken from above as well showing breath mints, a pack of gum, a paperclip, etc.

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Yeah JD, that's a really sucky place to put a phone, or any item in this accessory, at least while driving, that is taller than the lowest point where the Airbag deploys, or perhaps I should say explodes from.

A more responsibly photographed picture of the device by the manufacturer might have been taken from above as well showing breath mints, a pack of gum, a paperclip, etc.

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I needed a paperclip handy while driving...

WAIT! I could put the nickel with my breath mints and gum!

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Man, if I had a nickel for every time I needed a paperclip handy while driving...

WAIT! I could put the nickel with my breath mints and gum!
And yet this product does not win suckiest place to place tiny loose object on the JL.

Dim the lights....

Tthe winner goes to the 2018 JLU with leather seats, where the backseat armrest, when folded down became the drink holders, but when up as a middle seat revealed this tray in the center console rear that was so shallow that is wouldn't have even been deep enough for these guys to swim in:

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 1604526032612

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase

My worry too. Many years ago when vehicles didn't have airbags and radar detectors were metal and dash mounted, I was in a wreck under 50mph. I had major damage to my mouth from the radar detector flying off it's clip from the dash. An iPhone weighs much less but an airbag is an explosion which would create much more force. Maybe change, paper clips and such would be tolerable shrapnel.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
My worry too. Many years ago when vehicles didn't have airbags and radar detectors were metal and dash mounted, I was in a wreck under 50mph. I had major damage to my mouth from the radar detector flying off it's clip from the dash. An iPhone weighs much less but an airbag is an explosion which would create much more force. Maybe change, paper clips and such would be tolerable shrapnel.
I'd hope that such items, residing below the airbag inflation point, would remain in place and not be any such shrapnel at all.

If you're right, I'd be inclined to get rid of my purchase of this item from my JL altogether!

Coyne11

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon , 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 SAS Swap
I posted the pic in another thread as well but fitting for here.

Husky hard shell box with foam that can be pulled out to fit anything. I used it to store my CMM mirrors when not in use.

2DAB1F0A-4ACF-4C4C-89A9-F6D73925640C.jpeg

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I posted the pic in another thread as well but fitting for here.

Husky hard shell box with foam that can be pulled out to fit anything. I used it to store my CMM mirrors when not in use.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 2DAB1F0A-4ACF-4C4C-89A9-F6D73925640C
I have the smallest size of the HF version of this box that’s the perfect size for my winch remote. Fits in the rear under floor cargo cubby.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Must give @elf883 credit where it’s due. Got these put in and they’re great! Thanks again!

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! E25085DB-641D-4DD1-94BF-66C6DF68D5AC

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! E25085DB-641D-4DD1-94BF-66C6DF68D5AC

everything fit snug i hope , should be hard to remove - i pull up on the mat to get them out when needed

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
This cost me $10 https://amzn.to/3ceC0V1
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! 1604981965544

Wired to footwell light. Turns on with key fob unlock and dimmer switch on dash.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! IMG_8791.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! IMG_8779

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! IMG_8780

Strip runs along the driver side hood hinge, and under the A pillar panels instead of going through firewall.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here! IMG_8781

I didn't even buy extra wiring, just ran the entire strip down to the footwell, but now I wish I did so I can complete the bottom right corner lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: