Sponsored

Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here!

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks for the reply. I have a sunshade but haven't installed it yet, waiting until I get my soft top in spring, if it ever gets above zero here. But based on the one in my JK it looks like there may be a conflict. I'll see in April.
You mean the passenger air bag light. I thought maybe 4 doors got an extra airbag over us little 2 door models.
That's a light? lol I guess I can fill up the entire rail with Molle pouches then. Woo hoo!
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That's a light? lol I guess I can fill up the entire rail with Molle pouches then. Woo hoo!
the passenger seat weighs anyone seated there and if a low weight, such as a small child or a package, the passenger airbag is deactivated and that lights the Passenger air bag light on the overhead.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well, one of my little mods / hacks, is the plastic hook I installed on the inside of my JL's fuel door.

Thanks to the hook, no more gas cap lying on the painted surface.

Also, keeps the gas cap out of mud, snow or sleet on the side of the JL.

I have had the hook installed or months now and geeeeeeeeeeeeeez, it has worked out well.

01.jpg

02.jpg

It's just one of these trimmed down and applied to the fuel door:
uuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

You can read more about the hook and where to get it, here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-fuel-door-install-video.4861/page-2#post-298930

About this "hook" I installed... Well, it still is in place and geeeeeeeeeeeez, has it worked out well. Funny how a little hook that costs less then a handful of pennies, is easy to fashion and stick on can be such a terrific addition to my JL.

Even when I go to a gas station that has a guy that has to pump the gas for you (State Law) .... he even uses the hook.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Someone recently posted a switch version of some inexpensive LED lights on the hard top in the cargo area and they really seemed to light up the cargo well. They are battery operated and can attach with Velcro, magnets, or screws. It was mentioned that similar lights were available at Harbor Freight. I wanted to try them and when shopping I found they also have dimmable versions. $5.99. They are fantastically bright cheap lights. These are $1 higher than the switch-only models. Great buy.

https://www.harborfreight.com/dimmable-led-super-bright-light-switch-64485.html

885A4102-384B-43D8-955D-2D405891EB7D.jpeg

Sponsored

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I was doing some cooking in the back of my Jeep while trying to stay out of the rain under the back glass panel. I found that the rain runs down the glass right onto the carpeted panel covering the plastic holder for door screws, etc. So, I installed a rubber seal on the top edge of the glass between hinges to hopefully minimize water intrusion.
9D1EF96E-03CA-4E00-8C5C-D82F6A932C03.jpeg

It is not quite the ideal shape, but it is what I could find. I haven’t had a chance to test it out yet.
05CC2293-85D9-4F2B-8BD8-7C1A05812534.jpeg

Matt2036

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
The company also sells a solid tubing. Does anyone have any experience with using it.

The reason I ask is that the gap between the fenders and the body is not consistent along the seam. I worked hard to get the welting evenly placed. But, the pressure washer drives the hollow welting inward in some places and not in others. Wondering if the solid stuff would work better. Either way, I love it out here in the land of decomposed granite particles ... does it's job well.
Yes I bought a solid version of this from Amazon and it works very well. You still have to be careful not to push too far into the larger gaps but it works very well

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Since I got such positive responses from my floor mat plugs
I did a new colour scheme. Haven't tried them out in my jeep yet, but I think they will look nice. In any case, they totally have accomplished the job of keeping the carpets clean from all the salt, ice, dirt, etc of winter

20190303_135210.jpg

20190313_102306.jpg

Sponsored

AZJK

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU

Kingpre

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, 2013 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Heres the light i used -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076KR77Y9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you plan on tapping into the dome light i suggest watching a video on removing the rear interior passenger side panel as i didnt and just used a screwdriver to pry the pieces apart while jamming the cable in. It worked but took forever
I used this same light bar on my hardtop window. But not that I have the soft top on, I miss it. Does it fit perfectly along the tailgate? I like how you have it on there.

AZJK

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I used this same light bar on my hardtop window. But not that I have the soft top on, I miss it. Does it fit perfectly along the tailgate? I like how you have it on there.

Thanks, yeah it fits great and doesn't interfere with the soft top rear window bar or the tailgate closing.
Sponsored