RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
;)I'm sorry Dave but "nice" around here is spelled with 7 "i" characters...as in "niiiiiiice," in deference to the Wrangler 7 slot grill.;)
Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
I've been using my original issue military tool bag for carrying tools in the Jeep. Unfortunately, there is no organization with it ... imagine all of your tools thrown into one bag. While watching one of venture4wd's YouTube videos, I noticed he had a fantastic tool bag from Blue Ridge Overland Gear.

Blue Ridge Overland Gear.jpg

Loved it until I found out it cost $130. Would feel bad with it hidden in the back cubby hole under the floor. So, I investigated lower cost alternatives. Found what I think are acceptable alternatives at HomeDepot:

Tool Pouches:

This is what I discovered while pawing through the tool bag shelves. A "document" bag (12" X 6") for $3.48 from Husky (Model # GP-45823AN13). Don't let the "document" bag fool you, they are heavy duty bags that are more than adequate for a tool pouch. Another option, although at twice the price, is the Milwaukee (Model # 48-22-8193) bag.

Husky Bag.jpg

The Husky tool pouches fit nicely into a military style tool bag and that bag fits nicely into the rear cubby hole under the deck. Had to buy a second military style tool bag (maybe I have too many tools) to hold the overflow, bailing wire, duct tape, etc. Home Depot even had those (although only online ... Model # 40-60) for $14.35:

olive-drab-tool-bags-40-60-64_145.jpg

Two GI tool bags and six Husky pouches totals about $50 vs $130 for the Blue Ridge Overland bag ... hmmm, saved $80 ... now I can buy some more tools.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Today's contribution is for the ladies of the bboard.

I think this was someone's response to the well known adage among Jeepers of "Jeep Hair, Don't Care."

Ladies, as some of you in this list who I've gotten to know will tell the others, and as the father (no daddy) to girls, I have zero tolerance on the bboard when you're not treated as the equals you are, so please take this post in the spirit of satire. Nothing makes me happier to know than you're fine to just put on a baseball cap, take the top down, and not think you have to put your makeup on for anyone, except yourself when/if you choose to.

(Guys: studies show that women who do get dressed up often do so far more for social acceptance among their gender, not us--although the latter has a time and place too when we're lucky. Sorry.)

@LydiaSP613 , @walkerkm , @GreyFox , @TaiMc , @MALL R8D , @bayou girl

I know I've missed some---sorry.

:):)

jeephairdocare.jpg

Last edited:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'm sorry, @Smarrtazz , I forget to include the board's most prolific contributor, male or female in the above post.

;)It won't happen again.

(And yes, I've come to deserve the campy reply, "See to it!!!") ;)

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I'm sorry, @Smarrtazz , I forget to include the board's most prolific contributor, male or female in the above post.
IMG_0037.GIF

;)It won't happen again.
6E0765DC-1CAC-486F-A7D2-4A339DC835AF.gif

(And yes, I've come to deserve the campy reply, "See to it!!!") ;)

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

Thanks Trina for taking and making satirical ribbing with and to me. @Smarrtazz

I thought twice about the hair post one fearing it would be taken the wrong way.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Finally installed my @pixeldecals of the St. Louis Skyline decal on my Roxy today. Best $18 I have spent...I am sure he can make one for you...just send him a private message with your request and he will let you know if it is possible and what he recommends.
50556908_230024897885478_7824070948788633600_n.png?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.png

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Finally installed my @pixeldecals of the St. Louis Skyline decal on my Roxy today. Best $18 I have spent...I am sure he can make one for you...just send him a private message with your request and he will let you know if it is possible and what he recommends.
50556908_230024897885478_7824070948788633600_n.png?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.png
That looks good.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Joe that turned out nice.

Russ, you nailed it. Gotta love a gal who is comfortable being comfortable. The funny thing is, IMHO a ponytail through the back of a ball cap is sexier than being all glammed up.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
;)Living not far North of NY's Manhattan, where--need I tell you--street parking can be hard to find, I've found that my urban edition Wrangler comes in handy to get into and out of hard to fit parking spots.

It's modelled after, and inspired by two things: 1) a dog I once had that when happy, would chase its tail with the speed and duration of the gears in my drill,

and the "Tiller rig," a special fire truck the NYFD (and other services) uses in areas like NYs Chinatown to allow its length to negotiate the area's notoriously narrow streets by having two drivers: a second one in the back who turns the back wheels in the opposite direction to the front ones and allows the truck to negotiate tight turns.;)

tillerrig.jpg

easytoparkwrangler.jpg

To a young boy (of all ages,) watching the Tiller rig is like a poster of pin up model.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon

and the "Tiller rig," a special fire truck the NYFD (and other services) uses in areas like NYs Chinatown to allow its length to negotiate the area's notoriously narrow streets by having two drivers: a second one in the back who turns the back wheels in the opposite direction to the front ones.....
Okay that's freaking cool. Now I guess I'm like a little kid in awe because I've never seen such a monster. Very cool indeed.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Today's hack comes to us from poster @RussJeep1 (wait, that's me!).

I turned an electric winch into a soft top power Sunrider opener.

The instructions to you making one yourself are about 95% done, although I'll admit that my design was based upon having a rig without an antenna at #1 below:

jltop.jpg

Anyway, when the instructions are done I'll post them. More commentary can be found here. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diy-power-soft-top.13374/#post-402799

I'm simply waiting for warmer weather to put the soft top back on and take measurements/pictures of things not yet in the instructions that I didn't get a chance to detail when I disassembled the device for winter (it won't fit below the hard top.)
Sponsored

Last edited: