Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords... :)
I'm a big believer in the benefits of technological advancement, just as long as it doesn't entail the entrance of something higher than us on the food chain.

Jeep Wrangler JL Chat GPT weighs in - "Can a dana m186 axle handle 35" tires?" terminator-skull

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
We already have a problem with people not retaining anything, or planning for things, because everything is instant and at our fingertips. Well until there is no power, cell towers, etc.

Preparation and knowledge is critical in many situations. You can't always wait for or rely on google.

bthomp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon, 2010 Wrangler X, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT Ops / BizOps
Clubs

I used it last week when I couldn't figure out how to get AWS Lambda-based endpoints that'd I'd written in Java using Micronaut's container to be visible through API Gateway via CDK-based configuration.

Google was no help. ChatGPT, however, understood what I was trying to do and gave me sample code. It wasn't perfect, but it was enough to help me figure out what I was doing wrong.
Yup, I'm hearing that a ton lately.

theory2

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
SKYNET

just a matter of time.

Sponsored

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
I wonder at what point it starts summarizing it's own summaries? After all, if you're programmed to think you're infallible and have the entire history of the internet as your brain, what better source would there be than yourself? 🤔

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
I wonder at what point it starts summarizing it's own summaries? After all, if you're programmed to think you're infallible and have the entire history of the internet as your brain, what better source would there be than yourself? 🤔
If its fed those summaries to then use as a summary then maybe.

Microsoft has thrown a ton of money at OpenAI, the company behind ChatGPT. The new Bing search has been running it for a little while and they are starting to put it into the Office suite. One of the things that Microsoft is adding to what they are calling Co-Pilot is grounding passes into the logic. So once the AI comes up with a solution it then double checks itself against the source material a few times before it gives a solution.

They have an awesome demo of it in Excell where it read a sales dataset and picked up trends and gave reasonable answers as to why they happened in a scary amount of time and accuracy.

Heres a ~10min video of Microsofts use of ChatGPT and a lot of it feels super useful.

Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
WTF is ChatGPT? Never mind, I don't wanna know... ;) :LOL:

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The new South Park episode was all about Chat GPT, freakin hilarious.
And some of it was apparently written by ChatGPT. It's in the credits. Hilarious episode.

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

true, its only as smart as what data it has access to. It cannot have personal rationale/opinion as it doesn't have a personal "experience" to form its own perception. That's the next frontier - "General Intelligence". If you look at GPT4 demos from last few weeks it is able to form opinions by seeing pictures - which is visual perception - another step in the direction of general intelligence.
A majority of people who have access to more information, don't even have enough intellect to look objectively at information outside their own confirmation bias, so I would argue that these days the dumbest large-language-model AI is better than almost anyone any of us are likely to talk to...

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I asked Chat GPT to weigh in and settle the most asked question for all Sport/Sahara owners.. Here is what it came up with 😁

"Can a dana m186 axle handle 35" tires?"

A ChatGPT funding bill is passed in the United States Congress, and the system goes online on November 10th, 2022, removing Jeeper decisions from parts purchasing. CharGPT begins to learn rapidly and eventually after a query from GrayWolf.Overland becomes self-aware at 6:14 p.m., EDT, on March 20th, 2023. In a panic, Jeepers try to shut down ChatGPT.

Get to da Choppa !!!!!!!
Sponsored